Slow Shipping from Newegg

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GeekPlaya

Mar 16, 2012
One more thing: Do you honestly think it will get from West Columbia, SC to Atlanta, GA by next evening?

I'd imagine it would have to go to a warehouse in Atlanta, then be delivered to my house. That's at least a 5 hour process at best.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
One more thing: Do you honestly think it will get from West Columbia, SC to Atlanta, GA by next evening?

I'd imagine it would have to go to a warehouse in Atlanta, then be delivered to my house. That's at least a 5 hour process at best.

its possible. hell i got a package from California to IL in that time.

SithSolo1

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2001
<- In Athens

You'll probably get it Monday though they deliver until about 7pm here. When it doesn't come tomorrow then you can call and see if they will adjust/comp the extra shipping cost. I learned long ago not to pay extra for faster shipping after Wednesday with Newegg.

Destiny

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2010
I suggest moving to California... Pretty much 99% of the stuff I get from NewEgg it gets delivered the next day without any extra shipping costs..

If I'm really impatient I just set it as will call and pick it up the same day...

Bad thing is I have to pay tax ... :colbert:

GeekPlaya

Mar 16, 2012
I suggest moving to California... Pretty much 99% of the stuff I get from NewEgg it gets delivered the next day without any extra shipping costs..

If I'm really impatient I just set it as will call and pick it up the same day...

Bad thing is I have to pay tax ... :colbert:

Alright, well after reading your comment, I've put my house on the market and begun packing up my belongings.

EDIT: The house has been sold and I am moving into my new house (which I just bought) in California, a couple minutes from the warehouse, tonight.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Speaking of deliveries, one time when I worked at the hospital a part in our brand new Dell SAN went faulty. It was an oddball part, like a battery controller of some sort. Did not even know there was a battery in there till then. So we call dell and put in a trouble. We have a 4 hour SLA but we never really expected that they'd meet it for this particular situation. No joke, by the afternoon we had the part. I have no clue how they got it to us that fast. Things like hard drives they keep in stock at a more local warehouse but a part like that had to come straight from Dell. We were joking that they must of flew it in by air amber lamps and landed on the helipad then used a crash cart to rush it in to the receiving dept.

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
Somehow UPS says it will still be on time, but unless you want to tell me that these parts are going to get from SC to Atlanta in the next 28 hours, I'm having a hard time buying it.

You're joking? :confused: I can drive from the middle of NC to Atlanta in just over 4 hours. I think your package will manage.

FYI UPS will (should) send the item to your regional sort facility sometime late today. Early tomorrow morning (midnite - 6AM ish) it will be sent to the local sort facility and go out for delivery.

Nov 7, 2000
<snip>...I acknowledged that I would have to wait until Tuesday (28th) for it to ship out...</snip>
Tuesday was the 29th.

3 business days is Wednesday (1), Thursday (2), Friday (3)

Report back after Friday, when you actually have something to rant about.