Slow Shipping from Newegg

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GeekPlaya, May 31, 2012.

1. GeekPlaya

GeekPlaya Member

Hey everyone. I hope you're all doing well.

I ordered parts for my first gaming build last Friday with 3-day UPS "guaranteed" shipping. Well, I guess they don't ship on business days, which is a bit understandable, and given that Monday (27th) was a holiday, I acknowledged that I would have to wait until Tuesday (28th) for it to ship out.

Well, the order was to be actually "processed" on the 28th, at 11:20pm (it was telling me this on the 27th, which I found very strange).

Of course, the packaging therefore didn't even start until the 29th. After it was packaged, it was then shipped on the 29th — as usual from Baldwin Park (CA, US) to Ontario (CA, US).

I then had to wait until the 30th for it to head out to my state (Georgia). It was originally going to Doraville, GA, but then all of a sudden they changed it to West Columbia, SC — where it has now been sitting for over 24 hours.

Somehow UPS says it will still be on time, but unless you want to tell me that these parts are going to get from SC to Atlanta in the next 28 hours, I'm having a hard time buying it.

I'm getting frustrated, because at this point, by Friday, it will be 7 days since I ordered my parts.

It's becoming a painful wait. Is there point in calling Newegg?

2. purbeast0

purbeast0 Lifer

3. drebo

drebo Diamond Member

Three days shipping would place it at your door sometime tomorrow. Still well in line for that.

If it shipped out on Tuesday, that puts Day One as Wednesday, Day Two is today, and Day 3 is Wednesday. The three days count from when the items are picked up by the carrier, not when Newegg receives your order.

Although I do agree that Newegg hasn't been doing as well in the last year or so with packaging.

4. gorcorps

gorcorps aka Brandon

/firstworldproblems

It hasn't even been 7 calendar days, let alone the right amount of business days. It was a holiday weekend.

5. GeekPlaya

GeekPlaya Member

I guess 19,000+ posts on a single forum carries over a bit of arrogance.

6. purbeast0

purbeast0 Lifer

or it could be that your rant was a total fail.

7. Ninjahedge

Ninjahedge Diamond Member

Not total.

But it was not a fully fledged "rant"....

It bordered a bit on the whiney side.....

8. GeekPlaya

GeekPlaya Member

A misunderstanding would be a maturer choice of words. I wasn't yelling at Newegg and calling the company names, I was simple expressing my concerns.

Welcome to the internet, I suppose.

9. Bartman39

Bartman39 Super Moderator<br>Elite Member<br>For Sale/Trade<
    Super Moderator

Might be pretty legit...? I recently had a package from the egg that bounced around in Dallas for 4 days but had took 5 days to get there...? I'm only 4 hours south of Dallas as well...? Ended up getting it while it was still showing in Dallas...?

Not sure if its NewEgg or just shipping services are getting stupid...?

10. DaveSimmons

DaveSimmons Elite Member

Newegg makes it very clear to anyone that Reads The Friendly Website (RTFW) that the UPS 3 days clock starts when the items ship not the instant that you place your order.

Ordering from almost every other website works the same way.

I realize you are eager to get your parts, but this is completely normal.

11. Sixguns

Sixguns Platinum Member

I just order a new video card from them and had it three days later. I bought it on Monday and Thursday it was in my computer. Not bad for only paying like 3.00 on shipping.

12. FoBoT

FoBoT No Lifer

yes, sounds like you got what you paid for
    if you need it more urgent next time, pay for overnight shipping and do the $2.99 "rush" thingy at checkout

13. xSkyDrAx

xSkyDrAx Diamond Member

You just ordered at a 'bad time'. Guessing you placed your order late Friday and due to the long weekend they didn't process it till Tuesday. Those 3 days you waited (sat-mon) doesn't count to them since they're not even open those days. Basically there would have been no difference if you ordered late Friday or early Tuesday. It would have been better (in your mind) to do it Tuesday so you wouldn't have to go through 'additional waiting'.

14. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel Lifer

I've noticed too that Newegg shipping is often slow. Tiger Direct is hit and miss, NCIX is the fastest. What's odd is that once it's in the shipper's hands it's not really the store's control, but seems this trend is fairly consistent between the different stores. Not sure why.

I've seen things from NCIX (which come from BC) ship faster than parts from Tiger Direct (which is in Toronto). If I get something within a week I'm pretty happy though. Newegg shipping time is kinda understandable given it comes from the states though. Usually 2-3 weeks mostly because of customs. If an item from Toronto or that passes through Toronto ends up going through Concorde I know to give it about an extra week. Things tend to just sit there forever. It's only like 8 hours away, sometimes tempting to go drive there and pick it up.

What I hate is waiting for orders from ebay. No tracking in most cases and no way to pick how it gets shipped. So it's usually a waiting game. When it's been over a month it gets more nerveracking wondering if it was a scammer. I only order oddball items from ebay that I can't get anywhere else, and often it's from dealers that sell directly on ebay so unless it's a scammer that makes themselves look like a dealer, odds are usually pretty good it's legit.

15. gorcorps

gorcorps aka Brandon

Do you personally attack everybody who discounts your rants with facts? You provided the info, we just pointed out your incredible impatience. Must have struck a nerve :rolleyes:

16. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel Lifer

This. I find if I order on a long weekend the wait is always much worse. Not only because it's 3 days, but because they'll have a large backflow of orders to process so it may take them an extra couple days to go through them all. Shipping companies also don't work on the weekend. So rarely will your package move during that time if you ordered say, Thursday and it shipped Friday.

17. dave_the_nerd

The 28th was the Holiday, not the 27th.

You ordered it on a Friday, and it shipped on the next business day (the 29th.)

That is excellent service.

18. Exterous

Exterous Lifer

Yeah - not really any kind of problem yet. Relax

19. dave_the_nerd

How is that odd?

20. waggy

waggy No Lifer

1st mistake was ordering on a holiday weekend. while you placed the order on Friday to expect anything done until Tuesday was silly.

so in reality you should expect it Friday.

I will say newegg is NOT as good as they were 10 years ago.

21. terry107

terry107 Senior member

Or get shoprunner. Every now and then they'll have a deal where you can get a year subscription for a dollar.

22. waggy

waggy No Lifer

last time i ordered i got 2nd day and paid for the rush. guess what? it didn't go any faster. i think that "rush" is just a way to get people to think its at teh top of the list and get $3 free.

23. GeekPlaya

GeekPlaya Member

Hm, I wonder why I responded how I did.

24. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel Lifer

Why would a specific store have faster or slower shipping than another when they don't control the shipping process? I'm talking about the shipping itself, not the processing which can be a few days depending on the store/time. Guessing they have different contracts with the shipping companies or something?

25. GeekPlaya

GeekPlaya Member

Alright, I understand now guys. Thanks for those who politely explained it!