Slickdeals Vs. Fatwallet

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jschmuck2, Dec 1, 2008.

1. KevinH

KevinH Diamond Member

After scoring on several 30% ebay cash back I'll have to disagree with that.

I'll take huge % pain in the ass then an easy 3% cashback 7 days out of the week.

2. Capt Caveman

Capt Caveman Lifer

Except, it was a limited time only promotion which was great. But in conjunction, I've been saving with Fatcash for years up til then.

3. DLeRium

DLeRium Lifer

FW is awesome but SD uses VBulletin, which is a WEB STANDARD today, so it's easier on my eyes.

4. BarneyFife

BarneyFife Diamond Member

Fatwallet used to be good a few years ago but lately its the biggest internet collection of douchebags.

5. Analog

Analog Lifer

SD due to its frontpage.

6. redelcamino

redelcamino Member

Slickdeals is better I think!

7. rh71

rh71 No Lifer

I don't browse those sites unless I already have something in mind to purchase and just look for deals on that specific item. Way too easy to spend money otherwise. I have never used SD but have used FW. I actually have been accustomed to checking gottadeal or naughtycodes.com (for coupon codes) moreso than going to those.

8. Engineer

Engineer Elite Member

I used to visit FW more but SD has provided better deals over the last year, or so it seems. Also, there seems to be more discussion on deals (especially technical deals). But...FW has a good finance forum whey they aren't beating each other on the head with all the green vs red stuff.

9. Engineer

Engineer Elite Member

and sometimes stacks with Fatcash! :Q

10. SludgeFactory

SludgeFactory Platinum Member

SD for hot deals. There's simply more traffic on SD's hot deals forum, if you want the latest and the best deals and lots of comments/discussion about the deal, SD is the place to go. Also seems to have a better search function.

I check FW some too, you sometimes get a few well-written replies that SD didn't have on a deal. SD has nothing like FW's Finance forum either. Switch to Classic View on FW, the newer design sucks hard.

Both sites have plenty of a-holes, though they may be a little more outspoken at FW.

11. oogabooga

oogabooga Diamond Member

I have been using both.

And to the 17 people who are printing money... could I have some? (hedging my bets).

12. SmoochyTX

SmoochyTX Lifer

I used to browse FW all the time but hardly ever go there now. Their new design absolutely sucks. Yes, I know I can change it to the old layout (and I do) but I just don't want to deal with it. The majority of the posters there are major assholes. I don't seem to remember it used to being that way so I'm not sure if there were some moderation changes or whatever.

I prefer SD because of their layout, search, and quality of the posters and deals.

13. Pliablemoose

Pliablemoose Lifer

Slickdeals, better hot dealers that don't call the doggone store to check on prices.

Fatwallet has gone downhill, in the hot deals business, timing is everything, and they're too slow.

14. LongCoolMother

LongCoolMother Diamond Member

i started at FW and used it for the longest time, refusing to switch. But I've since gone to SD and never looked back. IMO, slickdeals has more deals, better deals, and is more active.

15. jinduy

jinduy Diamond Member

i like fatwallet's cleaner layout better

however slickdeals has more deals on it than fatwallet

if im really desperate for something i go to slickdeals, otherwise i casually browse fatwallet

16. nervegrind3r

nervegrind3r Lifer

I use both, sd is better for cutting edge deals, but I like fatwallet layout better, its just easier for me to read, kind of like AT is easier for me to read than other forums so I prefer it

17. Muse

Muse Lifer

I don't use either. Guess I should, it ain't that I ain't cheap-ass 'cause I am. I hit Hot Deals here sometimes very often, sometimes not depending. Usually lately I don't look for what's selling cheap, I just look for deals for something I want or need. When I'm looking for a specific item I usually hit pricegrabber or Amazon or just Google it.

I am subscribed at FW and got Fatcash one time, but haven't been there in months and months.

Can you use those sites to find deals on something you want or are they just to show you a bunch of hot deals? My impression was the latter.

18. Engineer

Engineer Elite Member

The problem with truely hot deals is that they rarely last past a few hours of posting at SD or FW. If you're looking for something, it doesn't hurt to search either of the Hot Deals forums (SD or FW) and sometimes you save money. If you have more time and want/need something, simply scope out the site(s) for a week or two and sometimes you can get great deals (I love getting paid to take stuff, especially when I want/need it :D )

19. Engineer

Engineer Elite Member

Just like that, people at SD tinkering with Papa John's codes and winning free pizza right and left....:D

Not a way to keep the 55 pounds off that I lost last year! :eek:

20. iamme

iamme Lifer

both sites, but if i had to stick with one, it would be SD because of the seemingly larger user base.

21. Bignate603

Bignate603 Lifer

I think his opinion might be Gottadeal because he helped found it.

22. TridenT

TridenT Lifer

23. JTsyo

JTsyo Lifer

Let's see what google fight has to say. Fatwallet by 210k.

24. DLeRium

DLeRium Lifer

FW is a bigger board according to big boards.

Ok I take that back because that was years ago when AT was like top 15 on that site. Not anymore.

25. Maleficus

Maleficus Diamond Member

I browse live feeds of both, but fatwallet usually gets more original deals than SD, although they both crosspost to one another so, doesn't matter which one you use.