Slickdeals Vs. Fatwallet

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Both are good. I started deal hunting using FW but have gradually come to use SD more exclusively as they get the BIG deals first and seem to have a bigger community with more of a chance to get deal help, though FW is more friendly most of the time. FW does have fatcash, which I use when available, but Live cashback seems to work a little better/faster and I usually check their stores first. Don't really like the new layout on FW either, but that's no biggie since I use the old display. Bottom line, SD is "better" but SD+FW is advised especially around holidays.

cheezy321

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2003
Slickdeals

Basically the only reason I use it is you can sort by category "apparel, video, games, systems, etc" very easily at the bottom. Pretty much the best part of slickdeals.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Gah, RossMAN sent me an email advocating SD. I guess the poll is over now, huh?

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
Gah, RossMAN sent me an email advocating SD. I guess the poll is over now, huh?

until he posts his opinion means nothing

wiredspider

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2001
Been using FW for a while and I prefer it over SD. Plus I got a bunch of free tees from FW this year.

Xpred

Aug 31, 2005
I use SD a lot. It has a very clean and easy to use interface. I prefer the forums over FW for some odd reason. Although, I found FW first, I now use SD more. FW is good for the cashback, but SD seems to just be "slicker" to use. I use both always if I am trying to find a very hard-to-find deal.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Slickdeals. Easily the best deals site of them all. I use fatty only for cashback.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Crono
Slickdeals. Easily the best deals site of them all. I use fatty only for cashback.

I agree, slickdeals. Tim, owner of Fattywallet is a tool. A few years ago he ran a game and I won a tshirt. whoopdeedoo, right? But he never sent it, and I inquired about it a few times and still... he never sent it.

As for cashback, I use ebates. Ebates beats fatty cashback.

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
I figure if it is good enought, it will be posted on anandtech hot deals.

I look there all the time, I never do either of the sites mentioned.

Jawo

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
I use hate the FW design.....so I tend to use SD much more. The B&M coupons page is killer, I have saved like $30 on misc stuff I needed. I've tried to stay away recently since I bought way too much stuff on all of the holiday "deals"

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Started out on FW, tried to remain loyal to a single site, but SD simply has better deals and gets the big ones before anyone else it seems. FW is good for an obscure deal that somebody stumbles upon here and there, but take it from someone who was happy just going to FW a few times a day for many months.. SD is superior.