Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Grim and Somber

• RealVision

• Total voters

DeadlyTitan

Oct 20, 2017
So i have been searching soo hard to find the best ENB for skyrim and finally filtered down to 6 ENB's and i am unable to decide between them. Maybe you guys can help me out?
  1. Tetrachromatic
  2. Nlva
  3. Vividian
  4. Rudy
  5. The Grim and Somber
  6. RealVision
My requirements are simple, performance is not an issue for me since i have a GTX 1088 Ti so i want the best looks. Something close to Skyrim natural color pallet, something that is not too vivid and bright and something that is int cartoony or fantasy looking.
I just want something that enhances Skyrim's natural look. without deviating much from its natural color pallet.

DeadlyTitan

Oct 20, 2017
I've been digging around for a long time and still cant figure out what ENB means.

If you already dont know then Here are the details.

ENB is just a name for the series of mods made by Boris Vorontsov[www.enbdev.com] for PC games, that basically just messes around with post processing and such to make games look amazing. ENBs can be heavy and light and take a toll on your performance making you loose anywhere from 5 FPS to 35 FPS.

As for the name, ENB was a name for one of the character that Boris supposed was his muse, from an old anime.
Or so they say :)

Reactions: shortylickens

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I've been digging around for a long time and still cant figure out what ENB means.
At one time I knew what it stood for, but now if you see "ENB" it just means a texture/graphics replacer/overhaul.

Makes stuff look pretty.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

ENB is just a name for the series of mods made by Boris Vorontsov[www.enbdev.com] for PC games, that basically just messes around with post processing and such to make games look amazing. ENBs can be heavy and light and take a toll on your performance making you loose anywhere from 5 FPS to 35 FPS.

As for the name, ENB was a name for one of the character that Boris supposed was his muse, from an old anime.

SWEET!

Blowjob for you!

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001

If ENB is a series of mods made by one person, then why is the question asking for 'the best ENB'?

DeadlyTitan

Oct 20, 2017
Okay ENB is a series of modifications that can change how the game looks. It got several hundred profiles created by several other modders which drastically change how it behaves and looks and in essence these profiles serve as its own mods.

Scooby Doo

Golden Member
Sep 1, 2006
If nothing else, ENB also is very useful for high-res textures. It moves the texture memory to a seperate program (the ENB), keep the old 32bit skyrim from crashing.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Pretty much sums it up, except for the performance. Some ENB's are just a couple FPS loss, others are 80-90% loss (not just 35 FPS). It really just depends on what is being done, as some people put in all kinds of changes to the post-processing.

DeadlyTitan

Oct 20, 2017
Just posting it here in case someone else wants to know. I went for the Rudy ENB + NLVA, and i have to say its awesome. Just the right amount of stuff, not too bright not too vivid, not too fantasy like and not too deviating from the skyrim's original color pallet. It keeps things natural and looks great just what i was looking for.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Never really downloaded ENB, but I loved vivid weathers, real waters 2, static mesh 4k, and floral overhaul. Was also running SKI IU5.1 w/ beta SKSE64.

I was running nearly 150 mods and hardly any issues. I'd get the occasional crash but that's it.This is Skyrim SE. Could never do the same with Original Skyrim. It wiould crash all the time, and lag like crazy.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

DeadlyTitan

Oct 20, 2017
Never really downloaded ENB, but I loved vivid weathers, real waters 2, static mesh 4k, and floral overhaul. Was also running SKI IU5.1 w/ beta SKSE64.

I was running nearly 150 mods and hardly any issues. I'd get the occasional crash but that's it.This is Skyrim SE. Could never do the same with Original Skyrim. It wiould crash all the time, and lag like crazy.

NLVA is essentially Vivid weathers with Natural lightning mod combined.I am now at 200 mods (and still adding) and still running very stable no crashes getting 40 ~ 60 FPS. Also running real waters 2, static mesh 4k, and floral overhaul and a bunch of other 4k mods.

The reason i chose Skyrim legendary instead of skyrim SE is cause of availability of mods as of currently. There are still in the process of porting old mods to SE and i will maybe play it in 3 years ? when they are done porting mods.