Skin Tag Removal

NAC4EV

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2015
I have this skin tag on my groin and when I wear certain types of underwear it is irritated.

Rather than seeing my family Doctor to have it removed:; Are there any home products that will do the same thing???

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
No. I looked this up years ago when I had a bunch of skin tags under both arms.
Theres plenty of products for warts and such, but nothing safe for skin tags.

If you were a manly son of a bitch you could cut them off yourself, but I dont recommend that.
Go to a doctor, let him/her freeze them and maybe give you a shot of painkillers, and then he/she will snip them off with a razor sharp toenail clipper.
Its safe and painless.

Also, my doctor told me they form faster if you've got germs on your skin. So afterwards, switch to anti-biotic soap for your skin tag regions. It helped me. No tags in 11 years.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
I removed one from my neck and had my brother removed one from my back.

Snip, snip...done. Wish I did it years earlier.

Last edited:

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I removed one from my neck and had my brother remove one from my back.

Snip, snip...done. Wish I did it years earlier.

I had my wife snip one from my neck and it came back. Went to the Dermatologist and had it done and it has remained gone for several years now.

NAC4EV

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2015
I am curious if the Ligation process is a good option.

[Removing the skin tag by tying it off with surgical thread in order to cut off its blood flow].

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
My wife works in a doc office and removes these for people. The advantage of a doctor's office is they can at least numb the area slightly to help with the pain. Typically, she just uses scissors or a scalpel. I assume she cuts it off and holds it above her head after doing some kind of Indian victory scream.

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
I had never heard of "skin tag" before until today. In fact, I had no idea what they were called, except I noticed one on my wife around her neck area, and I've seen a few on my pops. I don't have any, but I'd probably go to the Dr. to have it removed. Wouldn't try it myself I don't think.

BW86

Lifer
Jul 20, 2004
My buddy had a big one on his arm that we snipped off with nail clippers. He said it was painless. My dog also had a REALLY big one that we got rid of by tying a piece of string around it. It fell off after a week.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I bought some clotting powder at walmart yesterday, and was looking to see if there was anything else interesting to put in my trauma kit. Didn't see much, but I did notice a product that claimed to get rid of skin tags. Don't know what's in it, but it exists. If you're too squeamish for a knife, you might want to look into it.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I bought some clotting powder at walmart yesterday, and was looking to see if there was anything else interesting to put in my trauma kit. Didn't see much, but I did notice a product that claimed to get rid of skin tags. Don't know what's in it, but it exists. If you're too squeamish for a knife, you might want to look into it.

many first aid experts today are saying clotting powder is actually not so great.
Bandages with clotting goop on them are considered much better.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
many first aid experts today are saying clotting powder is actually not so great.
Bandages with clotting goop on them are considered much better.
Maybe. I'm guessing it's due the difficulty of removal. I have it for the emergenciest of emergencies where my only goal is getting to the ER before I bleed to death. If it causes some pain and hassle later, that's just the price of admission. So far, I have that, a RATS tourniquet, and an Israeli bandage, all in a m16 magazine pouch. I have a bit more room left, so I'm leaning towards a couple things for bad, but not life threatening wounds. Maybe some gauze wrap, tampons, and no stick pads.

wirelessenabled

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
I had a skin tag in my groin as well. Finally made an appointment with a Dermatologist to have it removed. The thing fell off a week before the appt! Oh well, found out I did not have a cancer problems so worth it.