Show off your desk thread

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Trygve

Golden Member
Aug 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Mik3y
trygve, u are uber ripped man!

Originally posted by: FuZoR
and trygve.. damn your huge!!

Thanks! I'm actually feeling kinda tubby at the moment and I thought that picture made me look fat, so I'm glad to hear I still look halfway passable. I was in California for a while and was too cheap to pony up the $15/day they wanted to let me use the gym at the hotel--especially since I was typically booked up from 8:00AM through 10:00PM, leaving me not much time to work out before the gym closed. (And I'm often bad about eating too much of the wrong things while on the road.)

Fortunately for me, I'm going to be working through Thanksgiving and the weekend, so I won't have to face any overly tempting foods. :)

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by: Amol
Originally posted by: xEDIT409
Dorm Desk

apparentally, someone likes to brush their teeth at their desk?

nah, jk jk . . . tis such a nice toothbrush, you roommate would probably jack it if you left it in the bathroom? hahah

Originally posted by: aphex
Almost fergot,

aphex's desk

I TOO WANT THAT LAMP!

IKEA?

And you somehow missed all of the other bathroom items on top of the desk?? I'm sure his dorm room doesn't have its own bathroom.

Mik3y

Banned
Mar 2, 2004
trygve, can i hire you as my personal body guard? :p i may need you for the black friday sale tomorrow morning. ;)

Trygve

Golden Member
Aug 1, 2001
trygve, can i hire you as my personal body guard? :p i may need you for the black friday sale tomorrow morning. ;)

Sure--but I still have to figure out my schedule for tomorrow. (Think I might visit Microcenter first before they open at 6:00AM.) I have to admit that holiday shopping is a lot easier and more fun when it seems like you're a foot taller than the crowds. :)

(Oh, I pronounce it like "TREEG-vah")

NL5

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Trygve

Sure--but I still have to figure out my schedule for tomorrow. (Think I might visit Microcenter first before they open at 6:00AM.) I have to admit that holiday shopping is a lot easier and more fun when it seems like you're a foot taller than the crowds. :)

Is that your birth name? Sounds Scandanavian of some sort?

Swede here - with a name like Gunnar, it's kind of a dead giveaway.

Trygve

Golden Member
Aug 1, 2001
Originally posted by: NL5
Originally posted by: Trygve

Is that your birth name? Sounds Scandanavian of some sort?

Swede here - with a name like Gunnar, it's kind of a dead giveaway.

Yep--it's Scandinavian and, strangely enough, it's the name that's been given to the oldest male child in every *other* generation in my family tree, probably going back to Viking times. I guess that makes more sense in that context, because back then people were X-son-of-Y, so my ancestors would alternate the Xs and Ys until a modern-style last name got tacked on.

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
It is amazing how small a 16 channel mixer has gotten. I used to have one in an Anvil flight case, 175lbs to haul around.

kyparrish

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2003
Originally posted by: CFster
Sweet Lord, anybody check out Trygve's site?

The stuff this guy's got...

Off the site...

Stats:
Rooms: 23
Square feet: 8400
Windows: 106
Disk Space: 8.6tb
Dialup lines: 25

:shocked:

Trygve = :thumbsup:

NL5

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003
Originally posted by: TwiceOver
It is amazing how small a 16 channel mixer has gotten. I used to have one in an Anvil flight case, 175lbs to haul around.

Some have. My 24 is almost 4 feet x 3 feet by about a foot. It must wiegh over a hundred pounds I'm guessing.

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
Originally posted by: kyparrish
Originally posted by: CFster
Sweet Lord, anybody check out Trygve's site?

The stuff this guy's got...

Off the site...

Stats:
Rooms: 23
Square feet: 8400
Windows: 106
Disk Space: 8.6tb
Dialup lines: 25

:shocked:

Trygve = :thumbsup:

i would be content with his gl2, the tv, and the three lcd displays. *sadface*
looking like franz would be neat too i guess.

mechBgon

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Oct 31, 1999
my desk I recently scored a rejected computer chair from the office (elevation thing doesn't work), that was a nice upgrade :)

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
I won't call you ghetto but frankly I can't see it being comfortable using either of those computers.

Btw here's mine.