Show off your desk thread

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by: Trygve
Originally posted by: Mo0o
Trygve, how hot is it in your computer room? Does the AC do a good job of keeping the temps down?

Don't have AC. if you mean the server room (Pic1

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!! FURBY OF TERROR!! Its eyes follow me wherever I go!!!!!

Trygve

Golden Member
Aug 1, 2001
Originally posted by: mobobuff
Originally posted by: Mo0o
Trygve, how hot is it in your computer room? Does the AC do a good job of keeping the temps down?
Don't have AC. if you mean the server room (Pic1
Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!! FURBY OF TERROR!! Its eyes follow me wherever I go!!!!!

Oh, that's just the beginning. Further to the left, there's the Furbeowulf parallel computing cluster. :)

benliong

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2000
Love those glass desks you guys have. Is there a way to buy materials and build them by myself?

Zee

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: FrustratedUser
Originally posted by: Nik

I refuse to believe that the ridiculous desk image posted by Trygve is actually his and will continue to refuse to believe until I see a new image of him sitting at the desk holding a sign that says "Yes, Nik, this is my desk."

Here you go.

(It's not a particularly *good* picture, but it is a picture.)

Nik = Own3d!!!

ROFLMAO

Talk about putting your e-foot into your e-mouth

JImmyK

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Nik

I refuse to believe that the ridiculous desk image posted by Trygve is actually his and will continue to refuse to believe until I see a new image of him sitting at the desk holding a sign that says "Yes, Nik, this is my desk."

Here you go.

(It's not a particularly *good* picture, but it is a picture.)

HAHAHAHA OMG!!! Best ownage I have seen all YEAR!! Trygve you rock!!

Vega

Oct 9, 1999
Here is a link to Amazon.com's review of Trygve's movie "Dragon and the Hawk".

Link

Here is my personal favorite-

LOW INTENSITY, SNORE PACKED ACTION!!!, April 7, 2002
Reviewer: "bombzout" (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews

Ok, this one time, I watched this show on TV where two guys from Kentucky were having a mouth-harp duel, and it was the lamest thing I ever saw.
Until I saw this.

The plot and action sequences were so engrossing that ten minutes into the film, I found myself distracted by an interesting piece of lint mined from my belly-button.
After about twenty minutes, my attention was wrenched from my lint activities by the dying wail of a fly on the TV screen committing suicide (very haunting).
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy a bad, campy martial arts flick, but the cheesy dialogue, flat characters and mechanical fight scenes this travesty vomits at the viewer are beyond human (and apparently fly) limits.

My advice would be to forget about purchasing this student film project.
Save your money and wrangle up some belly-button lint of your own! It's free, more entertaining, and altogether more worthy of your time, attention and contemplation than anything this cinematic sweat sock has to offer.
Probably more hygienic too.

Boot Weasel

Dec 1, 2004
Originally posted by: NL5
Hey Trygve,

Do you do all of your work freelance, or do you work for a production company?

Well...ummm..."yes."

I suppose what I do is closer to freelance: I work for a bunch of people and companies, some of which I own all or part of. (So, for example, I do a lot for Inferno Film Productions and Asgard Entertainment, but I'm also a shareholder.) The sorts of things I do are pretty random--I might be doing acting and stunts during the day and then work on editing their promotional material through the night and, of course, fixing everybody's computer problems on and off the set. (Oh, well; I suppose if I didn't get roped into fixing everybody's technical issues--whether computer, sound, or video--I'd end up doing something silly like hanging out off-camera with a bunch of nubile, young actresses between set-ups.)

A lot of what I have to do is get films ready for sale to distributors. There's a lot more involved than just shooting a movie, you've also got to produce material that will make film buyers want it (which is not the same as what you'd present to the general public) and you have to create the elements necessary for the distributors to deal with censorship and regulatory issues, produce dubbed and subtitled versions, and produce distributable versions from whatever master format(s) they need.

Then I get to play "salesman" for the results. Some films I get a piece of (in a lot of independent films, you just get a piece of the profits...assuming there ever are any) and for others I work on commission. I just got back from the American Film Market, which is the world's biggest. I've got some pictures from it in my November Blog and a more thorough writeup of February's Film Market in which I ramble on about the wonders of selling international film rights.

That's probably far, far more information than you'd actually wanted, but I think I'll go ahead and hit "reply" anyway instead of editing it down to a more reasonable size.

Me want job you have. Degree, what needed?