Should their parents be charged also?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Okay a step in the right direction. People involved in the chain of custody of guns involved in murders, all should be held accountable. Prolife want to go after doctors and the Uber driver, let Newsom go after family members and gun shops.

Reactions: Pohemi

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
what in the article leads to that conclusion

Someone got a prison sentence of 3 years for doing a bad thing. My conclusion is that is good. My other conclusion is that maybe it should be harsher. Can you explain what you disagree with? I'm confused.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Someone got a prison sentence of 3 years for doing a bad thing. My conclusion is that is good. My other conclusion is that maybe it should be harsher. Can you explain what you disagree with? I'm confused.
No, you’re not confused, I was lol. I’m not sure where my mind was but I apologize.

I agree on both points. And IMO He should get the same sentence as the kid. There’s just no reasonable excuse for what the father did. That kid was certainly unhinged.

I mean, if someone dies during a bank robbery you’re part of,even accidentally and you didn’t pull the trigger, can’t you be charged as well?

as a father, it’s my job to keep my kids same from harm and to keep others safe from my potentially dangerous kids. Some kids just aren’t ready for weapons at a young age, and some won’t be ready for a long time, or ever.

Reactions: Pohemi

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
I agree on both points. And IMO He should get the same sentence as the kid. There’s just no reasonable excuse for what the father did. That kid was certainly unhinged.
Unlike the parents of the most recent school shooter. Their lawyer is trying to get the case against them thrown out. Just quality parents there. Wonder if they actually hired a lawyer instead of the public defender for their son?