Should Thanksgiving be banned? (Is it just a celebration of the slaughter of the American Indians?)

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
If the white man hadn't "befriended" the American Indians and eventually stabbed them in the back with an outright slaughter and putting them on reservations (America's version of the Nazi concentration camps) we would't even have a Thanksgiving.

I feel that Thanksgiving is offensive and that the true nature of the early settlers should be brought to light.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
shut up liberal. how can you even compare a reservation to a concentration camp? are they slaughtered byt he millions on tehse reservations? shut up and die.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Thanksgiving was what the first pilgrim did in their first year when they first came to NA with the natives. What happened later with the natives, happened later. That's like saying we should ban xmas as well, since so many evil things have been done in the name of Jesus.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
It was a point in history when Hope was in the air. Unfortunetly those who came after the original Pilgrims chose a different path which lead to the atrocities against the Native Peoples.

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Wednesday Addams: Wait, we can not break bread with you. You have taken the land which is rightfully ours. Years from now my people will be forced to live in mobile homes on reservations. Your people will wear cardigans, and drink highballs. We will sell our bracelets by the road sides, and you will play golf. My people will have pain and degradation. Your people will have stick shifts. The gods of my tribe have spoken. They said do not trust the pilgrims. And especially do not trust Sarah Miller. For all these reasons I have decided to scalp you and burn your village to the ground.

beer

Lifer
Jun 27, 2000
Do you not read?

JEZO IS A TROLL.
HE TROLLS IN OFF TOPIC EVERY SINGLE POST
HE HAS NO USEFUL INPUT
HE IS PARODYING ALL YOU POOR P&N SOULS THAT ARE WHINY LIBERALS TOO.

IGNORE HIM.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
You act like the indians were innocent in all this. They slaughtered white-men. They raped white women and killed them and their children. They are NOT innocent in all of this.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: XZeroII
You act like the indians were innocent in all this. They slaughtered white-men. They raped white women and killed them and their children. They are NOT innocent in all of this.

Yes they did many things. You of course ignore the fact the white men took their land, and kicked them off of it. I believe you would not act with charity if Bin Laden had the power to round us up and put us in concentration camps. Maybe I am wrong about this?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
Whatever :tard;

Thanksgiving was just made up by some editor broad of some magazine in the early 1800s

Perhaps, but it's a good excuse to eat some turkey! :)

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
If the white man hadn't "befriended" the American Indians and eventually stabbed them in the back with an outright slaughter and putting them on reservations (America's version of the Nazi concentration camps) we would't even have a Thanksgiving.

I feel that Thanksgiving is offensive and that the true nature of the early settlers should be brought to light.

lol... you are the idiot should at the very least appreciate this holiday. If it wasn't for the Pilgrims getting here in the first place you wouldn't be sitting behind that computer showing the world what a fvcktard you are.

EDIT: Sorry WS, should have read more carefully.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Wheezer
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith
Oh and BTW, banning Thanksgiving is stupid.

lol...both you idiots should at the very least appreciate this holiday. If it wasn't for the Pilgrims getting here in the first place you wouldn't be sitting behind those computers showing the world what fvcktards you are.

What's your problem with what WS said in the quote?

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
I thought thanks giving nowadays was reinvented/bought out of retirement by Lincoln in order to give everyone a holiday (they badly needed) around the time of the civil war?

In that respect, it's not about native americans at all?

Cheers,

Andy

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
a ha hah ha they called jezo a liberal!
this is an invented holiday. (like all the others, it really means nothing nowadays)
who cares?

enjoy!

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Fencer128
I thought thanks giving nowadays was reinvented/bought out of retirement by Lincoln in order to give everyone a holiday (they badly needed) around the time of the civil war?

In that respect, it's not about native americans at all?

Cheers,

Andy

First- Wheezer- misunderstandings happen. No prob :D

Fencer- You and Bruno have parts of it. There was a woman who was an editor of a woman's mag. The straight dope

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: LordJezo

I agree 100%. Send me your turkey and I will dispose of it safely.

If you have any stuffing and candied sweet potatos, send those too. They went extra-fast this year.

Vadatajs

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: nick1985
shut up liberal. how can you even compare a reservation to a concentration camp? are they slaughtered byt he millions on tehse reservations? shut up and die.

I know, it's much easier to compare out WWII internment camps to concentration camps.

oh and

LOL

(at you)

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith
Originally posted by: XZeroII

Yes they did many things. You of course ignore the fact the white men took their land, and kicked them off of it. I believe you would not act with charity if Bin Laden had the power to round us up and put us in concentration camps. Maybe I am wrong about this?

Actually, the American Indian understanding of possession was different from ours, IIRC. The idea of "owning land" was foreign to them, as they saw all of it as being connected to the spiritual world. Hence, they would have, at least at the point of the pilgrims, had no attitude of offense to the newcomers.