Should Thanksgiving be banned? (Is it just a celebration of the slaughter of the American Indians?)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KenGr

Aug 22, 2002
Would everybody feel better if we just changed US Thanksgiving to coincide with Canadian Thanksgiving? The weather is better. It would give us more shopping time before Christmas. And we could blame any ethnic insensitivity on Canada. Sounds like a winner all the way around.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
bah, more and more people call it turkey day anyways. its like me as an agnostic celebrating christmas, its gone past its original meaning:)

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
shut up liberal. how can you even compare a reservation to a concentration camp? are they slaughtered byt he millions on tehse reservations? shut up and die.

Yea, they were slaughtered before they were shoved into reservations for the most part.
rolleye.gif

Kanalua

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2001
by your logic we should not celebrate Independence Day. You may have to think...so I'll give you a moment...

got it yet?

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
If Bush were of native american descent, the Pilgrims would have been a bunch of terrorists and thugs.

(of which it would probably be the only time in his life he would be right. :D)

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith
Originally posted by: XZeroII
You act like the indians were innocent in all this. They slaughtered white-men. They raped white women and killed them and their children. They are NOT innocent in all of this.

Yes they did many things. You of course ignore the fact the white men took their land, and kicked them off of it. I believe you would not act with charity if Bin Laden had the power to round us up and put us in concentration camps. Maybe I am wrong about this?

So that makes it right?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith
You act like the indians were innocent in all this. They slaughtered white-men. They raped white women and killed them and their children. They are NOT innocent in all of this.

Yes they did many things. You of course ignore the fact the white men took their land, and kicked them off of it. I believe you would not act with charity if Bin Laden had the power to round us up and put us in concentration camps. Maybe I am wrong about this?

So that makes it right?

Right? Probably not. Justified? Quite possibly.