Should Ron Paul drop out?

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
With Ron Paul getting about 3 percent of the Floriday vote (with half the vote counted) isn't it clear that he has virtually no real support among voters?
Three percent?
The leader of the Klan can get 3 percent in Florida.
In fact the only candidate Paul could beat in Florida would be if the head of NAMBLA ran.
So how about Ron packing up his fruitcake and leaving the field?

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
He never stood a chance to begin with, so this is no different than the situation was months ago. Odd that you're this obsessed with Paul though. Aren't you a raging Clinton hack? ;)

Feb 10, 2000
He won't pull out until the end, if he ever does. He feels (perhaps legitimately) that he has a point to prove. He never had any chance anyway - his run wasn't seriously about becoming President, was it?

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Evan Lieb
He never stood a chance to begin with, so this is no different than the situation was months ago. Odd that you're this obsessed with Paul though. Aren't you a raging Clinton hack? ;)

In techs' world, everyone but Hillary is wasting America's time by running for President. I myself am ambivalent about Hillary, and might well support her if she wins the nomination, but the tone of some of these pro-Hillary hacks really sour me on her.

Feb 6, 2007
Ron Paul has no chance. His ideas are absolutely absurd and his supporters are absolutely annoying. And yet, I love that there's someone who is generating honest to God passion amongst voters. I mean, OK, if Ron Paul were elected, I'd move to a different country, because he is literally the antithesis of what I want as a President (one of those online quizzes had Ron Paul as my lowest candidate with 56 or so disagreements), but I can still respect that there is a candidate out there that people actually like. Good for him.

No, the real question I have is why are you threatened by Paul? The only reason I can think for making this thread is because you are sick of all the Ron Paul threads on P&N (and I don't blame you), and you want to rub Paul's supporters' noses in the fact that their candidate is not as popular as your candidate. Ron Paul will never be President of the US (I don't like to speak in absolutes except for humorous effect, but come on, he will not win in his lifetime). You already know this techs. At this point, you're just trolling, trying to cause a ruckus with Ron Paul supporters and take the heat off Hillary. It's just juvenile schoolyard politics.

On a more personal note, and this is honestly not intended as a flame, when I first started posting here (I've been reading AT forums since I built my first PC back in 1999, but I joined much, much later), techs was one of the people whose opinion I generally respected. In the last few months, you've gone from being a fairly reasonable, if decidedly liberal (which is most certainly not a negative in my book) poster, to someone who incessantly spams the forums with pointless topics, random flamebait and general trolling. You've chosen your horse (Hillary; I think the horse metaphor is apropos), and your posting has devolved into propping up your candidate and putting down all others. It's disappointing to say the least. Techs, you're better than this. Don't sink to the level of the RP spammers.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Ron Paul should stay in through the convention. I want to hear his convention speech. I was disappointed that Kusinich drooped out so early for the same reason.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: ironwing
Ron Paul should stay in through the convention. I want to hear his convention speech. I was disappointed that Kusinich drooped out so early for the same reason.

Usually unless you have enough delegates you don't get to make a convention speech, or if you given the opportunity you get a 3 a.m. timeslot.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
Ron Paul has no chance. His ideas are absolutely absurd and his supporters are absolutely annoying. And yet, I love that there's someone who is generating honest to God passion amongst voters. I mean, OK, if Ron Paul were elected, I'd move to a different country, because he is literally the antithesis of what I want as a President (one of those online quizzes had Ron Paul as my lowest candidate with 56 or so disagreements), but I can still respect that there is a candidate out there that people actually like. Good for him.

No, the real question I have is why are you threatened by Paul? The only reason I can think for making this thread is because you are sick of all the Ron Paul threads on P&N (and I don't blame you), and you want to rub Paul's supporters' noses in the fact that their candidate is not as popular as your candidate. Ron Paul will never be President of the US (I don't like to speak in absolutes except for humorous effect, but come on, he will not win in his lifetime). You already know this techs. At this point, you're just trolling, trying to cause a ruckus with Ron Paul supporters and take the heat off Hillary. It's just juvenile schoolyard politics.

On a more personal note, and this is honestly not intended as a flame, when I first started posting here (I've been reading AT forums since I built my first PC back in 1999, but I joined much, much later), techs was one of the people whose opinion I generally respected. In the last few months, you've gone from being a fairly reasonable, if decidedly liberal (which is most certainly not a negative in my book) poster, to someone who incessantly spams the forums with pointless topics, random flamebait and general trolling. You've chosen your horse (Hillary; I think the horse metaphor is apropos), and your posting has devolved into propping up your candidate and putting down all others. It's disappointing to say the least. Techs, you're better than this. Don't sink to the level of the RP spammers.

an interesting read...........

I am interested in the way or reasons people support and mock him. Is he Jesus or the Devil. I don't pay much attention to Paul, himself, however, because he can't break out of a Kucinich situation. I have spent a lifetime voting for folk that never had a chance because I won't vote for the lesser of two evils so I know all about what it feels like to be one of the few informed Illuminati among millions of morons. It's an arrogance and elitism that gets kind of old after a while. Lucky for me so far, my man is a major player this time.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
We started with twelve candidates and by next week there will be three. Ron Paul is still standing because of his support. Otherwise he wouldn't still be in.
Ron Paul isn't going anywhere and anyone who doesn't like it had better get used to the idea. If Paul doesn't get in office then no Republican will. You think Paul supporters don't have any power then chew on that. :D

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Perry404
We started with twelve candidates and by next week there will be three. Ron Paul is still standing because of his support. Otherwise he wouldn't still be in.
Ron Paul isn't going anywhere and anyone who doesn't like it had better get used to the idea. If Paul doesn't get in office then no Republican will. You think Paul supporters don't have any power then chew on that. :D

Now I'm fantasizing about a bar fight with all the Paul folks in sequined cowboy outfits on one side and all the Kucinich supporters in face studs and Birkenstocks on the other. I think Gilly's could probably hold both groups with room to spare for choreographed fight-dance scenes.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Perry404

There is little uglier than idealism turned bitter. Ron Paul is running, not your ego.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: techs
With Ron Paul getting about 3 percent of the Floriday vote (with half the vote counted) isn't it clear that he has virtually no real support among voters?
Three percent?
The leader of the Klan can get 3 percent in Florida.
In fact the only candidate Paul could beat in Florida would be if the head of NAMBLA ran.
So how about Ron packing up his fruitcake and leaving the field?

One of the few threads I have ever given a 5 star rating too!

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Don Vito Corleone
He won't pull out until the end, if he ever does. He feels (perhaps legitimately) that he has a point to prove. He never had any chance anyway - his run wasn't seriously about becoming President, was it?

whose run??? For what? President?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy

excellent post!!

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: ironwing
I highly doubt they let him speak at the convention. To many of his ideas go against Republican themes. Can't be the party of national defense when you have a guy making a speech that we should bring all our troops home.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
i agree, RuPaul will not be speaking or involved at the Repub convention
it is going to be a McLame love fest

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda

Do you speak English? What the hell is your problem?

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda

Do you speak English? What the hell is your problem?

He's a troll with extremely poor communication skills, that is what his problem is :p

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
It is a damn shame that the Democrats aren't seeing the gift that Ron Paul is handing them.

He is exposing to a lot of people the ills of the Republican party. But much more than that, if he runs as a 3rd party candidate he will all but hand the Democrats the election.

What more could the Democrats ask for? Hell, you guys couldn't beat Bush the second time around. Think about that. It's not like the Democrats are doing well at the plate, and here comes a guy who could literally hand you all an election in 2008. And you want him to drop out now? Jesus, you Democrats aren't very bright.

And to those who are bad-mouthing Paul, let me remind you that it has been all of us who have been blasting Republicans for overspending, it has been all of us who have have blasted the Bush admin for invading Iraq, it has been all of us who have blasted away at the Patriot Act, and it has been all of us who have been disgusted at the aggressiveness toward Iran.

He has been right there with us, fighting his own party even.

He is also the ONLY candidate who has the guts to talk about the failures of the war on drugs.

So, some of his ideas seem loony. So what? I think UHC is loony. I think being in Iraq for 100 years is loony. I think a 23% national sales tax is loony. I think ignoring a 9 trillion dollar deficit is loony.

The guy deserves some respect, a lot more than many of you give him.

And you Democrats that think he should drop out now aren't loony, you're just plain dumb.