Should he have been expelled (Left gun in car parked near school grounds.)

Jan 2, 2010
Basically a high school junior goes hunting before school, and afterwards doesn't have time to go home and drop his hunting rifle off. So he parks his vehical on the street off of the campus thinking it should be fine since he didn't park on campus with the guns. The police doing random inspections of vehicals find his gun and he gets expelled by the school district board. He appeals to the county school board and wins and they throw out the expulsion.

Personally I think he should have been expelled. It sets a dangerous precedent that students can take guns when they go to school. Schools are suppose to free from guns. Dumb county officials, I hope the school board fights this and wins and he gets expelled for good.

Link to article:

http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=73798&catid=2

Thread title fixed to make it more accurate and less trollish. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:

bobsmith1492

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2004
Should the 3rd grader with a butter knife in his lunch bucket be expelled? Knives are just as deadly as guns, plus it was actually in the school.

My dad used to keep his shotgun in his locker so he could go squirrel hunting on the walk home from school. My how things have changed...

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
basically a high school junior goes hunting before school, and afterwards doesn't have time to go home and drop his hunting rifle off. So he parks his vehical on the street off of the campus thinking it should be fine since he didn't park on campus with the guns. The police doing random inspections of vehicals find his gun and he gets expelled by the school district board. He appeals to the county school board and wins and they throw out the expulsion.

Personally i think he should have been expelled. It sets a dangerous precedent that students can take guns when they go to school. Schools are suppose to free from guns. Dumb county officials, i hope the school board fights this and wins and he gets expelled for good.

Link to article:

http://www.news10.net/news/story.aspx?storyid=73798&catid=2

ohnoes guns

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
If he parked off campus, and followed any other gun laws, I don't see why he should be expelled if I he didn't break any rules.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
If he parked off campus, and followed any other gun laws, I don't see why he should be expelled if I he didn't break any rules.

But he had guns, he had guns I tell you!

HE HAD GUNS THAT IS DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sea Moose

Diamond Member
May 12, 2009
Yeah times have changed.

I am trying to get a 20k loan and the bank is making us jump through fire hoops and running gaunlets full of crocodiles.

My dad was telling the bank man that in his day if he needed a loan he would say

"i need 800k to buy some cattle." Bank man would say "yeah, no worries go get the cattle and we will sort the paperwork later"

Times sure have changed

marvdmartian

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2002
If the rule is no guns on school grounds, and he parked off campus (thus, off school grounds), then he followed the letter of the law, if not the spirit. Thus, they had no grounds in expelling him, and he was right to win that challenge.

While there's a lot of irresponsible little turds out there that think you can go Rambo on someone like they do in their video games, and there's no consequences afterward (just hit the reset button), there are also young men (and women) who are taught responsible hunting and firearm ownership at an early age, and whom I would trust more with a firearm than probably half the people here at ATOT. Most states, I'd bet, require a hunter's safety course for people hunting at <18 years of age, which is more than you could probably say for most of the hunters that are >18 y/o.

Of course, all this requires a school board that can actually take each individual case and THINK about the circumstances involved, instead of just taking the easy way out and rubber stamping every one of them, for the sole purpose of covering their ass. :rolleyes:

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Other than the fact that the kid is a racist, piece of shit, he didn't have the guns on school grounds. So, no foul.
But, isn't there a law about having guns within 1000' of a school?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I'm opposed to guns being free for all, but considering this was a hunting riffle and not a concealed weapon, and it was not even brought in the building, I don't agree with him being in trouble. If he had a proper trigger lock installed and had the key on him then even better. He was safe and there is no reason why he should of been expelled.

Now if he brought the gun in the school, that could be a different story. But, don't most people these days carry hand guns anyway? so what's the big deal with a hunting riffle?

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Good decision, he shouldn't be expelled being for mindful of the school rules and taking extra steps to follow them.

And why would the board fight it when they're the ones who overturned the expulsion?

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
If someone is intent on bringing a gun to school to shoot someone, do you really think that the "no guns on campus" law will stop them?

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Where do you get that?

He absolutely shouldn't have been expelled, and the administrators involved in expulsion should be bitch slapped :^S
From the local article I read a couple of days ago.

EDIT:
Found it.
http://www.sacbee.com/384/story/2469453.html

&#8226; In May 2008, he was assigned Saturday school after he used racial slurs to disrupt a showing of "To Kill a Mockingbird," repeatedly saying the "N" word.
&#8226; And last March, he was suspended for four days for calling a teacher's assistant a "stupid Mexican."

Last edited:

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
From the local article I read a couple of days ago.

EDIT:
Found it.
http://www.sacbee.com/384/story/2469453.html

• In May 2008, he was assigned Saturday school after he used racial slurs to disrupt a showing of "To Kill a Mockingbird," repeatedly saying the "N" word.
• And last March, he was suspended for four days for calling a teacher's assistant a "stupid Mexican."

Ah, ok. Well he's a dickhead, but he still shouldn't have been expelled :^D