Should Assault Rifles used by Armies/ Terrorists be restricted in the USA?

Should Assault Rifles used by armies and terrorists be restricted?

• Yes

• No

• Restricted to young people under a certain age

Results are only viewable after voting.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Well what do you think about restricting assault rifles like AR-15 and the like which were designed for war time use?

Discuss and Vote as you like.

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
ALL semi-automatics should be banned. Handguns, shotguns, long guns. No grandfathering, no special tax stamps, no exceptions. They have no reason to be owned by citizens, same as automatic weapons. Screw the "but what is an assault weapon?" stupidity from the gun lobby. That goes away. You want to defend yourself with a revolver? Blow your brains out with a shotgun? Shoot up your former place of employment with lever action rifle? You go right ahead.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
How about outlawing terrorists? Oh, wait...
Armies? The military should have all weapons required for the job, so the answer to that is no.

Reactions: IJTSSG

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
ALL semi-automatics should be banned. Handguns, shotguns, long guns. No grandfathering, no special tax stamps, no exceptions. They have no reason to be owned by citizens, same as automatic weapons. Screw the "but what is an assault weapon?" stupidity from the gun lobby. That goes away. You want to defend yourself with a revolver? Blow your brains out with a shotgun? Shoot up your former place of employment with lever action rifle? You go right ahead.

I hope that nocturnal emission didn't stain your sheets, dumb ass.

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
First you need to have an exact definition of what is an "assault rifle".

If I swing the flint lock rifle I inherited from my grandfather and hit you in the head, you have been assaulted. That weapon becomes an assault rifle. lol

BTW, the correct answer is, any weapon that can sustain rapid,continuous automatic fire, by holding the trigger down. None of the legally owned firearms are in that category, only military ones.

<<<<- USMC rifle expert veteran.

Last edited:

Ventanni

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2011
Even though I don't own or care to own a gun, I do support the second amendment fully. At the same time, there's no reason anyone needs to own a AR15-like semi-automatic rifle.

Ventanni

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2011

This isn't directed at you,but I've heard that statement many times from people. It's exactly the statement that irritates the problem and empowers those who want to repeal the second amendment, because it signifies a lack of ownership on part of gun supporters. And when you don't manage your own stuff, you just invite others to come in and do that for you.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004

No we just need to shut it down until we figure out what’s going on.
jnHWXN4.gif

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
I believe weapons such as the ar-15 should require extra background checks and a longer waiting period as they are capable of inflicting mass harm very quickly. Magazine sizes should also be reduced and high capacity mags/drums should be regulated just like a weapon. I would even go so far as to require a $200 tax stamp on each one of them with paperwork and if anyone other than the permit holder is in possession of one it should be a felony.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I'm not for a full on ban, but i'd like to see them become such a pain in the ass to obtain that it discourages most people. And lotsa special rules concerning storage and transportation of them.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
thread title is misleading
weapons used by armies/terrorists are full auto/select fire
these cannot be bought over the counter
therefore they are already banned/regulated

have a nice day

And the gun terminology masturbation begins. Good luck with that.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
So you don't object to murder, you just want to take away their favourite toys?

We should ban all human to human contact of any form since it can lead to murder. In at most 100 years all problems plaguing humanity will be solved!

Kneedragger

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2013
thread title is misleading
weapons used by armies/terrorists are full auto/select fire
these cannot be bought over the counter
therefore they are already banned/regulated

have a nice day

I agree. Machine guns have been banned in the US for a while. An AR15 is a civilian firearm that isn't full auto or even burst fire. Those modification WOULD make them a machine gun basically. And those modifications can be made to almost any semi-auto firearm with the right tools. It is a rifle that shoots a very common caliber that is used in all kinds of firearms.

Reactions: OutHouse

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

Time to donate to the NRA?

mdram

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2014
the steps to follow to ban weapons
1. assault weapons
2. semi auto
3. bolt/lever/pump
4. single shot
5. anything that remains
6. knives (unless your a chef then you get an exemption)

dint believe me?
just look at the UK
http://surrenderyourknife.co.uk/

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004
Even though I don't own or care to own a gun, I do support the second amendment fully. At the same time, there's no reason anyone needs to own a AR15-like semi-automatic rifle.
It's called the Bill of Rights not the Bill of Needs. That argument is so silly to me. This is America and YOU don't get to tell ME what I need or should want. I don't tell you how many showers a day you need to take do I? [government] You don't need to call your SO 3 times a day so you can only call them once. [/government] You live your life and I'll live mine.