Short People, unite!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: chr6
Originally posted by: djheater
I'm 6' even, dated a girl who was 4'11.5" :) That was fun.

me too :)

heh i did the oppisite.

im 5'6.5 and dated a girl who was 6'2. hugging her was great! my face would end up in her funbags! wich were nice and big.

CTrain

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
Originally posted by: CTrain
Originally posted by: Jeff7
Short....heh, when I was in 8th grade, I was still shorter than a lot of the 5th graders, and I'm the tallest in my family.

That said, when and if I ever do date anyone, I hope they don't mind the height thing. I know thaty it doesn't really concern me.

I don't know how old you are but the reality is that girls do not like short guys....its a FACT.
Yes, some girls have no problem going out with short guys but in general girls do not like short guys.

Height was never a factor for me when dating, at all. I dated guys shorter than me, my height, taller than me, it had no bearing on it at all. I have plenty of friends who are short and married and they never had problems getting dates. I imagine most women are less shallow than you think they are.

You're the exception, not the norm.
I said in general, girls do not like short guys.....I didn't say all.

I'm a short guy, I lived it.
You're a girl, you can't say what it feels like to be a short guy.
Its like me telling a black guy theres no racism in the US, its simply not true.

Sure, it doesn't bother me as much anymore cause I choose to ignore it.
Just like if a black person chose to overcome the racism, that person can do anything.
I just don't let my shortness bother me but it doesn't mean that problem doesn't exist.
The FACT is girl do not like short guys in general.

Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: rivan
Originally posted by: LordMaul
Boo-feckin-hoo. Try being on the other end of the spectrum... 6'6.5" or so and you're always "That big dude" or "the huge mother####er," etc. etc.

(Not that I really care, but hey, if the "short SOBs" get to bitch, then dammit so do I. ;))

I'm 6'5" - I share your pain.

Short people, imagine a world where owning a large SUV isn't a matter of choice, but the only car in which you can only marginally compromise your posture. Imagine a world where your choice in homes is sometimes curtailed by your height, since older homes often had sub 6'6" stairwell ceilings, basements and doorways. Imagine a world where tables are often too short for you (your knees touch the underside of the tabletop) and where it takes conscious effort to NOT physically intimidate the people you're first meeting. Boo hoo you say? It doesn't usually play in your favor in lots of situations - just as many, I'd wager, as the number of situations where it does.

Do you see us starting threads to bitch about it?

*taps sarcasm meter*

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
5'10" here. Sometimes I wish I was 6'1" or 6'2" but never have any problems with my height.