Shooting at University of Washington (UPDATE: far-leftist shot)

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Seattle is 'liberal.' The rest of Washington state is not. Not that it should matter. The law is the law, right? It's not really 'law and order' to go to a large public gathering with the intent to be involved in violence, is it? I'd like to believe that something both liberals and conservatives would agree with. Or is that somehow okay because he was hunting leftists?

BTW: read the article, the perps are Seattle residents. Ravenna, it said, which is a fairly upscale neighborhood just north of the U district.

Last edited:
Reactions: jackstar7

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Hahahaa, that's a good one! Just like how @buckshot24 is a democrat, @Doc Savage Fan apparently didn't vote for Trump and @Svnla (the third-world Asian immigrant) is supposedly white.

Lol, seems like you've been triggered by a gif of a Nazi being punched (I didn't celebrate anything) but here in this thread you were 'hoping' a liberal was shot. Classic.

I could find plenty of posts of mine opposing protectionist labor policies, including ones long before the 2016 election season.

a known Nazi got punched, everyone should celebrate.
a Trumper shoots another Trumper and your dumbass assumption was the exact opposite of reality.

unless you are just comparing liberals to Nazi's in which case you are still a raging dumbass.

The person shot was not a "Trumper". Where did I make that assumption? All I said was that I hoped the person shot was a liberal, on the grounds that liberals on this forum celebrate violence against those they disagree with. It's completely irrelevant even if this absolutely was pre-meditated attempted murder, the fact remains that a liberal was shot, and many liberals on this forum should be fine with violence wished against their political enemies.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
The person shot was not a "Trumper". Where did I make that assumption? All I said was that I hoped the person shot was a liberal, on the grounds that liberals on this forum celebrate violence against those they disagree with. It's completely irrelevant even if this absolutely was pre-meditated attempted murder, the fact remains that a liberal was shot, and many liberals on this forum should be fine with violence wished against their political enemies.
Your openness about your own hypocrisy doesn't mean it's looked on any more favorably.

Kudos on your trolling. This was cybrsage-level pedantry and baiting and more pedantry.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Seattle is 'liberal.' The rest of Washington state is not. Not that it should matter. The law is the law, right? It's not really 'law and order' to go to a large public gathering with the intent to be involved in violence, is it? I'd like to believe that something both liberals and conservatives would agree with. Or is that somehow okay because he was hunting leftists?

BTW: read the article, the perps are Seattle residents. Ravenna, it said, which is a fairly upscale neighborhood just north of the U district.

If the court finds that they were in violation of their state's laws, then that's that. As long as all the evidence is heard, I don't really care.

Your openness about your own hypocrisy doesn't mean it's looked on any more favorably.

Kudos on your trolling. This was cybrsage-level pedantry and baiting and more pedantry.

What am I being hypocritical about? Specifically, which two views have I extolled that you find at odds with each other? I hope you realize that I created this thread specifically to demonstrate leftist hypocrisy; according to many here, it is acceptable to commit violent assault against another according to their political beliefs, but apparently only when a leftist does it to a fascist. I believe all people should be able to speak without threat of violence, and I have never said anything to the contrary. I don't support people being shot for being liberal, but I do support faux-liberals being forced to own up to their own hypocrisy.

Last edited:

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
What am I being hypocritical about? Specifically, which two views have I extolled that you find at odds with each other? I hope you realize that I created this thread specifically to demonstrate leftist hypocrisy; according to many here, it is acceptable to commit violent assault against another according to their political beliefs, but apparently only when a leftist does it to a fascist. I believe all people should be able to speak without threat of violence, and I have never said anything to the contrary. I don't support people being shot for being liberal, but I do support faux-liberals being forced to own up to their own hypocrisy.
"All I said was that I hoped the person shot was a liberal, on the grounds that liberals on this forum celebrate violence against those they disagree with."
Your poor grammar aside, this is clear hypocrisy. You pretend that it has some origin in "sticking it to those lefties," but your pedantry won't save you from the crap you are pouring out into that keyboard.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
"All I said was that I hoped the person shot was a liberal, on the grounds that liberals on this forum celebrate violence against those they disagree with."
Your poor grammar aside, this is clear hypocrisy. You pretend that it has some origin in "sticking it to those lefties," but your pedantry won't save you from the crap you are pouring out into that keyboard.

Funny then how no one called me a hypocrite back in January when I made this thread. Maybe it was because I was exposing liberal hypocrisy? A few months pass and then everyone pretends to forget the context.

(In fairness you didn't participate in either thread celebrating violence against a person expressing opinions, and iirc you've made posts specifically disagreeing with the sentiment of other liberals on this forum, so I don't take issue with you here.)

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I hope you realize that I created this thread specifically to demonstrate leftist hypocrisy; according to many here, it is acceptable to commit violent assault against another according to their political beliefs, but apparently only when a leftist does it to a fascist.

For someone who values free speech, you should be one confused little bunny. Fascism, as well as the most famous example of it, sought to crush diversity and free speech. If you don't think that ought to be opposed, and yet you value free speech, maybe you should consider how much you value it and what you would be willing to do to defend it.

What are you going to do next, call out police forces around the world for using force to enforce the peace? Oh, the hypocrisy!

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
For someone who values free speech, you should be one confused little bunny. Fascism, as well as the most famous example of it, sought to crush diversity and free speech. If you don't think that ought to be opposed, and yet you value free speech, maybe you should consider how much you value it and what you would be willing to do to defend it.

What are you going to do next, call out police forces around the world for using force to enforce the peace? Oh, the hypocrisy!

Tell that to the fascists in the ACLU, or the fascists on the Supreme Court, who for several decades have upheld and defended fascist speech as being covered by the First Amendment.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Tell that to the fascists in the ACLU, or the fascists on the Supreme Court, who for several decades have upheld and defended fascist speech as being covered by the First Amendment.

I asked for your opinion, not for theirs. As far as I'm aware, the supreme court defends their interpretation of existing laws rather than deciding what laws they would like to have.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
yup. kill all extremists.

Let's start with you.

I asked for your opinion, not for theirs.

Pretty sure you already had my opinion, you didn't really give me anything to respond to outside of a silly rhetorical question. If you're literally asking me "what would be willing to do to defend it", then good question. Hypothetically I'd like to think a fair amount, but I'm not going to play internet tough-guy when I haven't been in a situation where I felt free speech was particularly threatened. Are you ANTIFA? Do you defend your country against fascism?

EDIT: The Supreme Court's interpretation of a law (including the constitution) can go a long way. The interpretation of protected speech has changed over the centuries, and I prefer its current interpretation to that of the first half of the 20th century.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
If you're literally asking me "what would be willing to do to defend it", then good question. Hypothetically I'd like to think a fair amount

You got quite far with that hypothetical scenario. Good job! Maybe you should have a think about that before you criticise others for it, partly because fascists don't go from a scattering of powerless outliers and kooks with no means to Hugo Boss uniforms in one step.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I could find plenty of posts of mine opposing protectionist labor policies, including ones long before the 2016 election season.

well, as long as you have "grounds to say it," I guess it's OK, then.