Shooting at University of Washington (UPDATE: far-leftist shot)

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Identity of victim not confirmed yet, but apparently it was at a Milo Yianoppopsdfsdof event with ANTIFA counter-protestors.

Can't wait to revel in photos of the assault once they're available! Hopefully it was a liberal that got shot. Scroll down on the police Twitter to see some of the weapons confiscated from violent leftist thugs.

Link to story:

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/man-shot-during-uw-event-for-milo-yiannopoulos/486520649
https://twitter.com/SeattlePD?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

EDIT: Shooter appears to be a Trump supporter, shot after being hit by at least one ANTIFA guy, turned himself into custody.

Anyone want to make and spam gifs of the video of the shooting? Let's all laugh at the "victim". (warning: video shows man getting shot)

https://vid.me/V3JL

EDIT #2/#3: My bad on the earlier title, apparently this was a Trump supporter after all.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/uw-shooting/

Last edited:
Reactions: Phynaz

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
I understand pathetic troll behaviour, but this one sets a pretty good bar.

How is this troll behavior? There have been several recent incidents of leftist thugs committing vandalism and assault, and we just had a thread where a good portion of the forum is apparently supportive. I don't believe in unprovoked violence, which is why I hope it was a leftist (almost always the instigators) that was shot. I should remind you that the form of radical leftism that ANTIFA promotes is just as morally bankrupt as Nazism.

Sure is quiet in this thread. I guess mob violence is only cool when it's against people you don't agree with. :confused:

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
How is this troll behavior? There have been several recent incidents of leftist thugs committing vandalism and assault, and we just had a thread where a good portion of the forum is apparently supportive. I don't believe in unprovoked violence, which is why I hope it was a leftist (almost always the instigators) that was shot. I should remind you that the form of radical leftism that ANTIFA promotes is just as morally bankrupt as Nazism.

Sure is quiet in this thread. I guess mob violence is only cool when it's against people you don't agree with. :confused:

No, stupid troll thread is stupid.

Reactions: WelshBloke

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
I believe it's stupid to hope that someone who has died is of a particular political leaning.

He hasn't died yet and is at a hospital. I didn't wish death on him. The fact remains that someone was shot at an ANTIFA protest where weapons were confiscated, however, so whoever it was that was shot, I hope it was ANTIFA.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

Your really stretching again.

A lot.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Your really stretching again.

A lot.

Assault is only justified when it's against people you don't like, huh?

There's some indication that the guy that punched Richard Spencer actually had a pipe or wrench up his sleeve (there's a photo of a masked guy with an object sticking out of his sleeve of the same color as the blur shown in the gif), btw. Would that change things for you if it turned out it wasn't just a fist?

Maverick177

Mar 11, 2016

There's some indication that the guy that punched Richard Spencer actually had a pipe or wrench up his sleeve (there's a photo of a masked guy with an object sticking out of his sleeve of the same color as the blur shown in the gif), btw. Would that change things for you if it turned out it wasn't just a fist?

Apparently a thread made about shooting in an University is considered "trolling".

Truly amazing.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

You can cherry pick anything you want all day.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-trump-protesters-20170120-story.html

This is the typical reaction.

You could cruise a hundred sites and throw anything up.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Sociopathic post of the day for Nazi-boy?

You need to get professional/spiritual help, son.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
fwiw I grant that the full details are not yet out. There's a video of a livestream during the shooting, and while the (mostly-anti-Trump) crowd is too large to tell what is going on, I'll admit that it's possible the shooter could have been a Trump supporter. It could have even been a case of lawful self-defense, it could have been an attempted murder of a peaceful anti-Trump protestor. It was a single shot, and just moments after the crowd goes from scared to seemingly laughing again. Maybe it was just poor trigger discipline. I'll post updates as they come in.

Sociopathic post of the day for Nazi-boy?

You need to get professional/spiritual help, son.

You tell me, Stalinist-boy.

https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...et-punched-in-the-head.2497533/#post-38693611

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Cant even understand the primary post.

Milo Yianoppopsdfsdof event with ANTIFA

Translate it into English?

I don't like Greek names, you know Milo Yia-something right, the deplorable gay black-man-sexing Jewish white supremacist? He was doing one of his little tour things, and ANTIFA ("anti-fascist" group comprised mostly of dumb far-left anarchists/vandals) came out to protest while masked. Police had already confiscated weapons, and just a couple hours ago someone was shot in the middle of a protest, the shooter apparently being an Asian male in his 50s, wearing a baseball cap, jacket, and glasses.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

I don't condone violence or any kind of vigilante/extralegal justice, but I think you should consider what you're defending. These fascist clowns are intentionally spreading fear and hate and division just for money and notoriety. They're trolling for this. Surely you see that?

Reactions: wirelessenabled

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I don't condone violence or any kind of vigilante/extralegal justice, but I think you should consider what you're defending. These fascist clowns are intentionally spreading fear and hate and division just for money and notoriety. They're trolling for this. Surely you see that?

Of course he's trolling.

He didn't make the thread to be serious.

He isn't defending anything, hanging off to the side and interjecting BS has been his MO a long time now.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004

I believe anyone is entitled to express an opinion without being assaulted. I don't see that as a defense of their opinions. You apparently do.

If they are trolling just for money and notoriety, that makes them even less of a threat in my books. Why give them attention? (Answer: the public narrative benefits from unwitting idiots to smear opponents, just see David Duke paraded around in the news.)

Of course he's trolling.

He didn't make the thread to be serious.

He isn't defending anything, hanging off to the side and interjecting BS has been his MO a long time now.

The video available shows the crowd getting excitable some 20-30 seconds before the gunshots. If this was a Trump supporter subjected to unprovoked violence by ANTIFA, I am 100% serious in hoping that the person shot was an ANTIFA member, and that the shooter has his right to self-defense recognized.

EDIT: Here's a video of peaceful liberal protestors at the scene making their voices heard ;)

Last edited: