Shithole state does shithole thing

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
You also have to realize that alcohol use is substantially higher than MJ use due to the legality of it which makes getting a large sample size more difficult. as well as the perceptions of MJ vs alcohol.
The wider/greater use of alcohol than MJ isn't just because of the legal issues. There's a lot more to it.
... states that have legalized it, MJ related accidents, deaths, etc have increased substantially, but prior to the legalization the "perception" of MJ was that it was "safer" and people don't cause accidents from smoking MJ etc. Which is getting proven untrue. It's really a debate that has no definitive answer either direction.
More use of most anything will have more correlation of death and accidents, but causation isn't necessarily established thereby.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
The wider/greater use of alcohol than MJ isn't just because of the legal issues. There's a lot more to it.
of course, supply, accessibility, cost, etc. to name a few.. but those are all tied to legalization as well. If all things where equal, MJ use would be substantially higher than alcohol because of the current perception of MJ vs alcohol.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I'm sorry, but the /s shouldn't have been needed if you weren't so serious and defensive about MJ. :D :D

I'm sorry, but if you want to use sarcasm, throw the /s on the end. Two characters is not life changing for you.

It's a on going debate that has yet to be fully answered (medically) which is better/worse, what different effects they have on the body etc. Has nothing to do with stereotypes, fueled propaganda, or lies. Some of us actually speak from life experience with both substances, which I am guessing is the same for you, but with different experiences that fuel your need to make a distinction between alcohol and MJ, where with me.. not so much.

Research on MJ was stunted when we went full retard 80 years ago. There's clear differences between the two.

As for the WebMD article.. 43 people may not seem like much, but it was to point out that anger and such also happens with MJ. You also have to realize that alcohol use is substantially higher than MJ use due to the legality of it which makes getting a large sample size more difficult. as well as the perceptions of MJ vs alcohol. Because of the "perception" of MJ vs Alcohol, as more states legalize it, and finally when the federal government legalize it (it will happen), that will change and more people will partake in MJ use. But so will the "perception". Example, in states that have legalized it, MJ related accidents, deaths, etc have increased substantially, but prior to the legalization the "perception" of MJ was that it was "safer" and people don't cause accidents from smoking MJ etc. Which is getting proven untrue. It's really a debate that has no definitive answer either direction.

The debate on safety will continue, only now can we start to really make progress, again, because the last 80 years has been nothing but lies and propaganda. That's it.

43 is a terrible sample size, and if you actually read the article you will see that problems occur in people that already have mental health issues, and the same could be said for alcohol.

In terms of accidents in states that's it been legalized, theres not enough to determine if it's MJ or because people are going there. There's no immediate intoxication test for MJ like Ethanol. Field sobriety tests can be failed for many different drug.

If you think I'm being defensive, you're entitled to your opinion and I can disagree. I would offer than I object to propaganda fueling opinions. Society is just coming out of their authoritarian MJ penalty craze. Lots of info inbound as we can now start to openly discuss it.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
... states that have legalized it, MJ related accidents, deaths, etc have increased substantially, but prior to the legalization the "perception" of MJ was that it was "safer" and people don't cause accidents from smoking MJ etc. Which is getting proven untrue. It's really a debate that has no definitive answer either direction.
More use of most anything will have more correlation of death and accidents, but causation isn't necessarily established thereby.
of course, supply, accessibility, cost, etc. to name a few.. but those are all tied to legalization as well.
Well, I don't understand why you are equating the 2 to such a degree. They are very different. It's not like a person will go, I have pot, I'm smoking... or maybe I'll drink tonight, 6 one 1/2 dozen the other. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Pohemi

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
I'm sorry, but if you want to use sarcasm, throw the /s on the end. Two characters is not life changing for you.

Uh, no. Go grow a sense of humor.

Research on MJ was stunted when we went full retard 80 years ago. There's clear differences between the two.

If you say so.. see below

The debate on safety will continue, only now can we start to really make progress, again, because the last 80 years has been nothing but lies and propaganda. That's it.

43 is a terrible sample size, and if you actually read the article you will see that problems occur in people that already have mental health issues, and the same could be said for alcohol.

In terms of accidents in states that's it been legalized, theres not enough to determine if it's MJ or because people are going there. There's no immediate intoxication test for MJ like Ethanol. Field sobriety tests can be failed for many different drug.

If you think I'm being defensive, you're entitled to your opinion and I can disagree. I would offer than I object to propaganda fueling opinions. Society is just coming out of their authoritarian MJ penalty craze. Lots of info inbound as we can now start to openly discuss it.

Who the fuck was talking about intoxication levels and/or field sobriety tests? All you are doing is going full speed on your MJ bias train. "choo choo chugga chugga"

• Haha

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Uh, no. Go grow a sense of humor.

If you say so.. see below

Who the fuck was talking about intoxication levels and/or field sobriety tests? All you are doing is going full speed on your MJ bias train. "choo choo chugga chugga"

Oh, sorry you can't be bother to read the WebMD article you linked to. That must be a me problem too, lol.

Why so serious bruh?

Maybe you should take the humorous approach to look at drug criminalization in our country since prohibition

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001

Well, I don't understand why you are equating the 2 to such a degree. They are very different. It's not like a person will go, I have pot, I'm smoking... or maybe I'll drink tonight, 6 one 1/2 dozen the other. :rolleyes:
That's exactly what people do, specially in states that it's legal in. It's all revolves around a individual preference of what they prefer.. Some prefer pot, some prefer alcohol, some don't care either way, and some like both at the same time. This is like arguing if you like steak or chicken.

Last edited:

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Oh, sorry you can't be bother to read the WebMD article you linked to. That must be a me problem too, lol.

Why so serious bruh?

Maybe you should take the humorous approach to look at drug criminalization in our country since prohibition
I read it. Not sure what you are trying to argue, or are you trying to claim that the same thing isn't true for people who drink alcohol?

This has nothing to do with drug criminalization. I get it, you are pissed that MJ is illegal in most states and you don't believe it should be.. etc (News flash, I don't think so either).. But this discussion has nothing to do with what they did or didn't do where the laws are concerned.

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I read it. Not sure what you are trying to argue, or are you trying to claim that the same thing isn't true for people who drink alcohol?

I've stated my stance. If you don't want to read it, that's fine.

This has nothing to do with drug criminalization. I get it, you are pissed that MJ is illegal in most states and you don't believe it should be.. etc (News flash, I don't think so either).. But this discussion has nothing to do with what they did or didn't do where the laws are concerned...

Red herring. I'm not upset, I'm telling how it does matter, and why the WebMD article is just the tip of the iceberg, as research has been hinder and manipulated for 80 years.

I'm discussing what is, which it seemed like you wanted to. But maybe that's just in the compartmentalized idea that drugs influence people differently. And somehow, MJ and ethanol are the same, which I disagree on. My anecdotes and experience is far greater than a 43 person sample.

How many times have you been partying and the stoners get in a fight and ruin the party. 0 times for me. Drunks tho? They can ruin a party pretty damn quick.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
I've stated my stance. If you don't want to read it, that's fine.
OMFG!! you stated mental issues.. Nothing in that article is MJ specific and can be transposed right over alcohol.. so get over yourself.

Red herring. I'm not upset, I'm telling how it does matter, and why the WebMD article is just the tip of the iceberg, as research has been hinder and manipulated for 80 years.

I'm discussing what is, which it seemed like you wanted to. But maybe that's just in the compartmentalized idea that drugs influence people differently. And somehow, MJ and ethanol are the same, which I disagree on. My anecdotes and experience is far greater than a 43 person sample.

How many times have you been partying and the stoners get in a fight and ruin the party. 0 times for me. Drunks tho? They can ruin a party pretty damn quick.
Horse shit! NO drug is 100% the same, but as I said posts ago, you are trying to get down the the deep science.. Which never my intention.. you are dragging this into a discussion beyond what was ever intended, and you are continuing to do so, ignoring much of what I have said. But as I previous said, we have different experiences. But because YOU never experienced it, you are purposely discounting a sample size of 43 people as if it's a fluke, because it doesn't align with your belief. Then you have my experiences that differs from yours.. that is called bias. I have never had a party ruined or a fight break out at one that had alcohol. But I am not naïve to think it doesn't happen, and sure as hell wouldn't discount or ignore findings due to the sample size. I have had a few ruined by the police because of noise levels, but that is another story. I have seen a couple that was MJ that was ruined because of the MJ.. .one was the night of my senior prom.. I have watched co-workers and employees come unglued at work because of MJ.. again, different experiences.. But I am not going to sit and be naïve and think that since I experienced it, it must happen at every job and every party.

Last edited:
  • Haha

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
OMFG!! you stated mental issues.. Nothing in that article is MJ specific and can be transposed right over alcohol.. so get over yourself.

Which article? The one you posted titled "Marijuana and Alcohol: Can Weed Make You Angry" ? That one has nothing MJ specific in it?

Horse shit! NO drug is 100% the same, but as I said posts ago, you are trying to get down the the deep science.. Which never my intention.. you are dragging this into a discussion beyond what was ever intended, and you are continuing to do so, ignoring much of what I have said. But as I previous said, we have different experiences. But because YOU never experienced it, you are purposely discounting a sample size of 43 people as if it's a fluke, because it doesn't align with your belief. Then you have my experiences that differs from yours.. that is called bias. I have never had a party ruined or a fight break out at one that had alcohol. But I am not naïve to think it doesn't happen, and sure as hell wouldn't discount or ignore findings due to the sample size. I have had a few ruined by the police because of noise levels, but that is another story. I have seen a couple that was MJ that was ruined because of the MJ.. .one was the night of my senior prom.. I have watched co-workers and employees come unglued at work because of MJ.. again, different experiences.. But I am not going to sit and be naïve and think that since I experienced it, it must happen at every job and every party.

Whatever dude. The two things are obviously different. Maybe just use the /s next time.

Reactions: repoman0

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Which article? The one you posted titled "Marijuana and Alcohol: Can Weed Make You Angry" ? That one has nothing MJ specific in it?
Are you trying to be like someonesmind where you are making up shit and manipulating it?

Whatever dude. The two things are obviously different. Maybe just use the /s next time.

You know, I am not 100% sure, but you are sounding like a GQP conservative who refused to to acknowledge anything that doesn't align with your views. (Your manipulation above supports it). (No /s because I am not using sarcasm)

Last edited:
  • Haha

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
That's exactly what people do, specially in states that it's legal in. It's all revolves around a individual preference of what they prefer.. Some prefer pot, some prefer alcohol, some don't care either way, and some like both at the same time. This is like arguing if you like steak or chicken.
That's where we very much disagree.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
This drug discussion, MJ vs alcohol, the MJ laws... I don't get this. Isn't that very OT here? I thought this thread was about the governor of Missouri putting the kabosh on all gun control, what to me looks like a heinous, inhuman, ill-considered political stunt.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Are you trying to be like someonesmind where you are making up shit and manipulating it?

Wow, it was your supplied link to support your assertion, which you've also tried to pass off as casual humor, and blamed me for not getting it....on the internet...lol.

You know, I am not 100% sure, but you are sounding like a GQP conservative who refused to to acknowledge anything that doesn't align with your views. (Your manipulation above supports it). (No /s because I am not using sarcasm)

I'm sure if you go back and read what I've posted, you can wrap you head around why this is not even close. In fact, I've said otherwise.

Since your down to just personal attacks, I guess we're done here.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
This drug discussion, MJ vs alcohol, the MJ laws... I don't get this. Isn't that very OT here? I thought this thread was about the governor of Missouri putting the kabosh on all gun control, what to me looks like a heinous, inhuman, ill-considered political stunt.

Totally diversionary.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Wow, it was your supplied link to support your assertion, which you've also tried to pass off as casual humor, and blamed me for not getting it....on the internet...lol.
Check the title of the link I supplied, Check what you said, it was about MJ, and I didn't say it didn't have anything to do with MJ.. (you completely manipulated and twisted the title, and what I said.. just like someonesmind does) I said it could be transposed over alcohol in response to you. Because you are busy trying to discount what he article says. YOU are twisting shit up.. AND no, I didn't pass the link off as Humor.. back the fuck up and comprehend the conversation you fucking troll. I specifically pointed out the humor, The very first was where I said "The Smell, that's the only difference" which is what made you jump on your troll cycle and take this discussion down this hole. All because you want to get down to the technical science level that weed and alcohol are different.. which is only at the techniqually science level.. Yes, I did say "I don't recall a mean stoner" that was humor, as the perception is that they don't get mean. But you had to continue your trolling, wanting me to retract my claim, as that makes weed and alcohol different.. So I showed you that guess what, stoners also get mean and angry, so I didn't retract my statement. Now, if you walked up to a guy in a store, you wouldn't be able to tell if they have been smoking weed, or drinking alcohol... (which is what my humor response was related to, but you couldn't comprehend that because it didn't have a /s after it. and here we are).

I'm sure if you go back and read what I've posted, you can wrap you head around why this is not even close. In fact, I've said otherwise.

Since your down to just personal attacks, I guess we're done here.
We where done as soon as you missed the humor in my response that made you jump on your troll cycle, and started trolling and disregarding information because of the sample size and such, because you don't believe it, and then you twisted up what I said and such (that is what GQP do) Sorry I called you out for acting in the same manner. If that's an insult to you, then change your ways. It's just how appears to me. If it's not true, then I apologize.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and ch33zw1z

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
We where done as soon as you missed the humor in my response that made you jump on your troll cycle, and started trolling and disregarding information because of the sample size and such, because you don't believe it, and then you twisted up what I said and such (that is what GQP do) Sorry I called you out for acting in the same manner. IF that's an insult to you, then change your ways.
Come on, stop the fight, guys.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Check the title of the link I supplied, Check what you said, it was about MJ, and I didn't say it didn't have anything to do with MJ.. (you completely manipulated and twisted the title, and what I said.. just like someonesmind does) I said it could be transposed over alcohol in response to you. Because you are busy trying to discount what he article says. YOU are twisting shit up.. AND no, I didn't pass the link off as Humor.. back the fuck up and comprehend the conversation you fucking troll. I specifically pointed out the humor, The very first was where I said "The Smell, that's the only difference" which is what made you jump on your troll cycle and take this discussion down this hole. All because you want to get down to the technical science level that weed and alcohol are different.. which is only at the techniqually science level.. Yes, I did say "I don't recall a mean stoner" that was humor, as the perception is that they don't get mean. But you had to continue your trolling, wanting me to retract my claim, as that makes weed and alcohol different.. So I showed you that guess what, stoners also get mean and angry, so I didn't retract my statement. Now, if you walked up to a guy in a store, you wouldn't be able to tell if they have been smoking weed, or drinking alcohol... (which is what my humor response was related to, but you couldn't comprehend that because it didn't have a /s after it. and here we are).

We where done as soon as you missed the humor in my response that made you jump on your troll cycle, and started trolling and disregarding information because of the sample size and such, because you don't believe it, and then you twisted up what I said and such (that is what GQP do) Sorry I called you out for acting in the same manner. If that's an insult to you, then change your ways. It's just how appears to me. If it's not true, then I apologize.

yawn, feel free to go back and read.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Come on, stop the fight, guys.

Hey, he's upset someone would dare challenge his authoritah on the matter. What's a troll like me to do! Well, besides point out the obvious ;P

I mean, that last response is clearly emotionally driven.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
yawn, feel free to go back and read.
You do the same, start with #67 (read what he is replying too).. and read on, it's all in black and white. I guess I should have never taken your bait and just said right off the get go, it was just humor... and left it at that. but my mind is pre-occupied with other things so I took the bait.

Last edited:

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Hey, he's upset someone would dare challenge his authoritah on the matter. What's a troll like me to do! Well, besides point out the obvious ;P

I mean, that last response is clearly emotionally driven.
Me upset? hahaahahaha. You haven't challenged nothing, everything you have said is based off YOUR experience .. Because your experience doesn't agree, and the one article I did summit, you immediate threw it aside because of the sample size, etc. Which was just to show that there are people who also get angry on MJ, just like alcohol. I even expressed that we both have different experiences, but you even ignored that. Nobody said I was an authority (nice trigger word though).

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Me upset? hahaahahaha. You haven't challenged nothing, everything you have said is based off YOUR experience .. Because your experience doesn't agree, and the one article I did summit, you immediate threw it aside because of the sample size, etc. I even expressed that we both have different experiences, but you even ignored that. Nobody said I was an authority (nice trigger word though), just as I never claimed you are an authority.

I mean, you obviously aren't reading my replies. When you feel like it, browse back thru. That's not a me problem.

I've read yours, which have become increasingly emotional.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
I mean, you obviously aren't reading my replies. When you feel like it, browse back thru. That's not a me problem.

I've read yours, which have become increasingly emotional.
I read all of your replies.. you started this whole thing going all over the place with it's different... 80 years ago.. laws.. prohibition.. you are all over the fucking place. All because I said "The smell, that's the only difference" in response to "What’s the difference between being “stoned silly” and being “drunk as Cooter Brown?” ... As I said, I should have just said it was humor, instead of taking your bait.

You are right, I am fucking emotional.. I just lost my brother to covid 6 days ago, and you baited me into an argument over something that was pure humor and taking it out of context... so you are fucking right I'm emotional. But at least with all that, I still had the sense to give you some information that supported my position about anger and MJ.. which was just one area of your all over the place arguments, and the one thing I never did, discount your experience, I have acknowledge it! So fuck off!

Last edited: