Sharon: Israel will never leave the West Bank

• Thread starter Deleted member 4644
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4644

http://www.palestine-pmc.com/details.asp?cat=6&id=95

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common...y_page/0,5478,16348082%255E663,00.html

Sharon is a BRILLIANT man.

He is a hardline right-winger.... he made a lot of settlers and religious Jews angry withdrawing from Gaza -- but he had a plan.

Show the world how hard withdrawl from Gaza is. Show the left-wing in Israel how he almost started a civil war over a mere 8000 settlers. Prove to the world that Israel will never remove the tens of thousands of other settlers outside of the 1967 borders.

I believe that was his plan, and it's working perfectly.

PS: I am not saying I necessarily disagree with his plan... but I think its VERY tricksey...

PS: His no second disengagement statements are NOT being picked up by the Western media at this time..............

T3C

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: LordSegan

PS: His no second disengagement statements are NOT being picked up by the Western media at this time..............

Let us know when they do.

Whaspe

Jan 1, 2005
With the Gaza strip empty will we finally see the creation of a "real" Palestinian state? Is Israel still technically responsible for the land and if not who is? Just curious, as this definitely represents a olive branch from the Israeli's. It also bothers me that these wacko's are allowed to continue organized resistance.

mOeeOm

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2004
Originally posted by: Whaspe
With the Gaza strip empty will we finally see the creation of a "real" Palestinian state? Is Israel still technically responsible for the land and if not who is? Just curious, as this definitely represents a olive branch from the Israeli's. It also bothers me that these wacko's are allowed to continue organized resistance.

Silly wackos, they should stop being pissed off that the Jews took over their land and kill their children.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: mOeeOm

Silly wackos, they should stop being pissed off that the Jews took over their land and kill their children.
Just because their grandparent attempted to committ genocide and failed/got their tails handed to them, they should keep trying.

D

Deleted member 4644

Originally posted by: EagleKeeper

Just because their grandparent attempted to committ genocide and failed/got their tails handed to them, they should keep trying.

ha ha...

It's a little more complicated than that on both sides......... In my opnion there is enough blame to go around

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: LordSegan
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper

ha ha...

It's a little more complicated than that on both sides......... In my opnion there is enough blame to go around

Complicated is something you only see if you have a brain.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
i just hope making that part of "isreal" doesn't mean "kicking out all the arabs that live there"

Buck Armstrong

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2004

Show me how its their land, and/or that the other side doesn't specifically target women and children on a much more regular basis.

If you really see this issue in black and white, you're simply an IDIOT. There's plenty of blame on both sides, but hey, fvck the only democracy in the entire God-forsaken region, let's side with the fanatic religious extremists just because its trendy. Too bad the Nazis didn't finish the job, right?

Tool.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Why does any culture/country/people have any land? Because they were strong enough to kick out everyone else who wanted to live there. Istanbul used to be the center of the Eastern Roman Empire until the Muslims kicked the Romans out. Spain belonged to the Moors at one point until they were driven out. Hell, if it weren't for Charles Martel, Europe would have had an Islamic Middle Ages. Why does the US belong to the descendants of European colonists? Because they kicked out/exterminated/relocated the native American population. This is human nature, and will never change.

I have no sympathy for the Palestinians. None whatsoever. They can die off for all I care.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Sharon is smart, no doubt about that and like people feared, Isarel leaving gaza is only the begining of not peace but a tighter grip.

No end in sight.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
this bit is interestingly arrogant, nothing unusual though
Sharon said Rice was "expressing the hope, which we share, that after the implementation of the disengagement plan, the momentum will continue and conditions for progress according to the road map will be created." He said that Rice made it unequivocally clear that the next step must be for the Palestinian Authority to stop terrorism and dismantle the terrorist organizations, especially Hamas.

Sharon said it would be impossible to move along the road map until the Palestinians carry out their commitments. "I have no intention of conceding on them one iota," he said.

3chordcharlie

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
I have no sympathy for the Palestinians. None whatsoever. They can die off for all I care.

Based on your history lesson, so can Jews, Canadians, Hindus, the French, and of course Americans too, right?

Forsythe

Platinum Member
May 2, 2004
They should leave the westbank as soon as possible. But ofcourse, they won't. Sharon had a plan, and it's gonna fall to his side. Because now you americans will support him by saying you did pull out. And european leaders will be too concerned with their economical issues to make a clear statement, because that might mean loss of trade.

And the illegally occupied country that the west bank is, will remain occupied by an invader.
Notice, no countries in the world recognize the west bank as israeli territory.

I wonder what the american reaction would have been if it was a major muslim state invading a smaller jewish state. Would there have been a military intervention?

Sep 12, 2004
If Israel has no plans to leave the West Bank, how does it explain this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8931552/

SANUR, West Bank - Thousands of troops stormed the main bastions of resistance to the evacuation of two West Bank settlements Tuesday, clearing out hundreds of extremists opposed to Israel?s first dismantling of West Bank settlements.

Security forces had said they expected the evacuation of Sanur and Homesh to be the most violent phase of the Israeli pullout from the Gaza Strip and four northern West Bank settlements, but resistance was surprisingly mild.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: TastesLikeChicken

SANUR, West Bank - Thousands of troops stormed the main bastions of resistance to the evacuation of two West Bank settlements Tuesday, clearing out hundreds of extremists opposed to Israel?s first dismantling of West Bank settlements.

Security forces had said they expected the evacuation of Sanur and Homesh to be the most violent phase of the Israeli pullout from the Gaza Strip and four northern West Bank settlements, but resistance was surprisingly mild.

tlc.. you forgot to read the article again

Whaspe

Jan 1, 2005

So you would encourage First Nations peoples to group together shouting death to the immigrants and killing your family while you're out for a day? As long as Hamas is allowed to operate the Palestinians are shooting themselves in the foot.

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003

If I recall correctly, they're only leaving small parts of the occupied territory in the West Bank, not all of it. They're still keeping most of it. Unless, of course, they've made some change to their plans in the past two weeks that I haven't heard of.

Whaspe

Jan 1, 2005
Why does any culture/country/people have any land? Because they were strong enough to kick out everyone else who wanted to live there. Istanbul used to be the center of the Eastern Roman Empire until the Muslims kicked the Romans out. Spain belonged to the Moors at one point until they were driven out. Hell, if it weren't for Charles Martel, Europe would have had an Islamic Middle Ages. Why does the US belong to the descendants of European colonists? Because they kicked out/exterminated/relocated the native American population. This is human nature, and will never change.

That's sad... why no sympathy? Both Arabs and Israeli's hate them... that's got to be tough.

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Czar

I read it. It's more a beef with the OP in that I find it a wee misleading.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001

Guess that means you would have had no sympathy for the Jews in World War 2 either

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Czar

I read it. It's more a beef with the OP in that I find it a wee misleading.
what about the OP did you find misleading?

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
He gave up Gaza for two reasons. Number one: Big global PR move. Number two: The Palestinians are doubling their numbers every generation, and the Israelis couldn't control that many people if they tried. I'm sure NONE of it was from the kindness of that stone heart.

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: judasmachine
He gave up Gaza for two reasons. Number one: Big global PR move. Number two: The Palestinians are doubling their numbers every generation, and the Israelis couldn't control that many people if they tried.

true. it is a small price to get at the main prize: west bank w/ jerusalem. There were so few Israeli settlers in Gaza anyway.