Shaman or Warrior

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tHa ShIzNiT

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2000
I was just doing arenas last night with my gnome warrior, who has pretty good gear, as good as you can get before arena stuff. Anyways, my partner is a druid...and pretty much if there is a rogue or shaman on the other team its a guaranteed victory. If there is a warlock or paladin its almost a guaranteed loss. That will tell you how bad shaman and rogues are in arena.

One cool think about shaman though...Elemental spec in AV. Wow, what amazing damage you can do with that. 4-5k chain lightning spiking to multiple people...and just constant lightning bolts. However, they are pretty much useless in any other PVP instance.

tHa ShIzNiT

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Anubis
prob roll the war so i can smash people, i really wish taurrens had a stomp gnome ability, man do gnomes suck

The Tauren HP racial will be the best warrior racial after they nerf escape artist to 1:45 mins in the next patch. My tauren warrior had 10k HP as soon as I hit 70 with just greens on...thats insane.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: tHa ShIzNiT
prob roll the war so i can smash people, i really wish taurrens had a stomp gnome ability, man do gnomes suck

The Tauren HP racial will be the best warrior racial after they nerf escape artist to 1:45 mins in the next patch. My tauren warrior had 10k HP as soon as I hit 70 with just greens on...thats insane.

id make one however i cant stand how slowed down everything feels because of their size

tHa ShIzNiT

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2000
Yeah I could never allow myself to settle for the 2nd best race, it would just eat at me as I leveled. But if you can, you should probably go Orc. The thing I don't like about the orc +AP racial is that you already have 1 or 2 trinkets with that same effect...and it becomes a chore to hit them both (or all 3) all the time. The innate stun resist is a plus though (however with second wind, I welcome all stuns with my other warriors).

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Yeah I could never allow myself to settle for the 2nd best race, it would just eat at me as I leveled. But if you can, you should probably go Orc. The thing I don't like about the orc +AP racial is that you already have 1 or 2 trinkets with that same effect...and it becomes a chore to hit them both (or all 3) all the time. The innate stun resist is a plus though (however with second wind, I welcome all stuns with my other warriors).

yea my bro complained about the stun resist hurting their tallent,

the thig about the AP racial is it doe snot take a trinket slot, it essentially is a free trinket, always felt i was getting shafted when i put my PVP trinket on and had to take up a use trinket for it

i bind everything, never had an issue with the orc racial on my lock

and you can macro 2 or more trinkets to the same key

on my priest it was Trinket + inner focus + devouring plague
on the lock it was just Trinket + racial,
on the rogue si used to bind a AP trinket and or haste trinket depending on what i was useing with BF and AR

BF + AR+ Abacus = fun especially with a mogoose proc with S&D up

well before they nerfed haste anyway

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
As a person with 7 70's, who previously had 12 60's...I would say roll a warrior. This is purely for pvp or dps purposes though, I don't enjoy tanking. They are probably the most powerful class right now if you have decent gear and skill. I have 2 70 warriors, gnome and tauren (these are the best races - gnome is amazing for pvp), and I have barely tanked at all, never had a tanking spec.

I only play the game for pvp right now, as pve requires more time than I have nowadays...I used to raid as a hunter and a dps warrior though.

Anyways, coming from someone who has played the fuck outta this game, roll warrior and just pvp...that is the combination for maximum enjoyment in WoW.

LOL warriors are broken.

Any halfway decent druid in bear and cat form can absolutely ruin a warrior in pvp gear.

Just dont stun them too often because second wind is a lame ass bitch.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: slag
As a person with 7 70's, who previously had 12 60's...I would say roll a warrior. This is purely for pvp or dps purposes though, I don't enjoy tanking. They are probably the most powerful class right now if you have decent gear and skill. I have 2 70 warriors, gnome and tauren (these are the best races - gnome is amazing for pvp), and I have barely tanked at all, never had a tanking spec.

I only play the game for pvp right now, as pve requires more time than I have nowadays...I used to raid as a hunter and a dps warrior though.

Anyways, coming from someone who has played the fuck outta this game, roll warrior and just pvp...that is the combination for maximum enjoyment in WoW.

LOL warriors are broken.

Any halfway decent druid in bear and cat form can absolutely ruin a warrior in pvp gear.

decently geared drids are a pain mainily because they play like pussys, snare and run and heal and repeat

tho warriors arnt total IMBA 1v1 i used to kill them with my lock and SP all the time

the lock could just drain tank them the SP just out lasted them, get VT + SWP+ DP + VE up and toss in a MB or MF every now and then keeping your bubble up everything was fine

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

LOL warriors are broken.

decently geared drids are a pain mainily because they play like pussys, snare and run and heal and repeat

tho warriors arnt total IMBA 1v1 i used to kill them with my lock and SP all the time

the lock could just drain tank them the SP just out lasted them, get VT + SWP+ DP + VE up and toss in a MB or MF every now and then keeping your bubble up everything was fine

I don't think its that druids play like pussys, but its all we have against warriors.

Lets see. Cant feral charge, bash, or maim because thats 30% health right there.

Like you said, my normal mode against warriors is cast natures grasp, rejuvenation and then feral charge into the warrior if he is at full health. hang around in bear form for a bit, hoping for some 1k+ mangle or maul crits and then get him to half life before I have to bash and then pop out, root, heal, and go cat or bear. I can beat warriors probably 85% of the time unless they are epic'd out or have a lot of PVP gear with resilience.

I have almost 22k armor in bear form and havent been into kara yet.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

LOL warriors are broken.

I don't think its that druids play like pussys, but its all we have against warriors.

Lets see. Cant feral charge, bash, or maim because thats 30% health right there.

Like you said, my normal mode against warriors is cast natures grasp, rejuvenation and then feral charge into the warrior if he is at full health. hang around in bear form for a bit, hoping for some 1k+ mangle or maul crits and then get him to half life before I have to bash and then pop out, root, heal, and go cat or bear. I can beat warriors probably 85% of the time unless they are epic'd out or have a lot of PVP gear with resilience.

my buddy who just has kara and some SSc gear has 15K health and 30K armor in bear and is uncrittable in PVE

jhbball

Platinum Member
Mar 20, 2002
Well, after playing a warrior for two years, I'd have to recommend it. Why? 1) It's fun to tank. 2) Warriors dominate PVP with a capable team < 3v3/5v5 teams were both top ten on our battlegroup, so I would know

Obviously, they make a poor solo class, but if you have people to play with, they're amazingly fun.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

LOL warriors are broken.

my buddy who just has kara and some SSc gear has 15K health and 30K armor in bear and is uncrittable in PVE

I'm getting there. I cant wait to get into Kara. I'm sitting at 431 defense so yeah, I'm uncrittable right now as well or very close to it. I have 12k health.

Have to run black morass and then I'm kara bound.. woo woo.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: crimson117
Roll a warrior, plan to tank.

All your old roles are DPS.

Personally I have a 70 mage, 70 rogue, so now I'm working on a belf prot paladin for a change of pace (lvl 43 atm).

Also leveling up a huntress to enjoy the low level quests again as a dps :)

the main reason i dont want to roll a Warrior is because i dont want to tank, i also dont want to heal, i healed in a naxx guild at 60 on the priest, dont really wanna go that role again

Then don't roll a warrior or pally or druid. Most Shaman players are usually craptastic at healing. If you want to be dps then roll a mage, warlock, rogue or hunter as no one will ever ask you to tank or heal with one of those classes. If all you are going to do is PVP then don't worry about anything and play what you like instead when it comes to PVP.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Drift3r
Then don't roll a warrior or pally or druid. Most Shaman players are usually craptastic at healing. If you want to be dps then roll a mage, warlock, rogue or hunter as no one will ever ask you to tank or heal with one of those classes. If all you are going to do is PVP then don't worry about anything and play what you like instead when it comes to PVP.

This is typically because of build/gear too. This is why they added Mental Quickness into the Shaman Enhancement tree, because enhancement Shamans had such bad healing that it was pretty pitiful to even try. I mean, even without the bonus, I still would off-heal if necessary in instances and stuff.