sex with under aged children is alright with the Jewish Talmud ?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Excellent and informative post, thanks. BTW I disagree that William hates Jews, I've always found him to be pretty open minded and reasonable.

I totally agree with what you just said about William. I have read all his posts and agree that he is open minded and reasonable!

Let me just state that I did say that William hates Jews. I wish to say that I do not believe that to be the case. I am sorry William!!

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
So what? Did he sing, throw acid in his daughters face? What?

Fuck off, i hate Hindus trying to justify their superiority whether they are Brits or not

Inbred lovely human, that Gurkha will beat the living shit out of you with his eyes closed you limp-dick pussy. That's the point.

This is unacceptable language, even for P&N.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Lol religion....Hindus are just as retarded as the rest of the story tellers.

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
Not to mention too clean and too prosperous!

Perhaps you don't understand what "untouchable" means. Let me educate you: an untouchable is by definition a non-Hindu. So, you are an untouchable. And untouchables are dirty mentally as well as physically and that is why we Hindus don't mingle with them unless forced to.

Did you know that when the British scum used to barge into Brahmins' houses and then left in pre-independence India, the ENTIRE house would be washed to maintain cleanliness? Read up on 'SAUCHA'; 'purity of the mind and body' which is one of the tenets of Yoga. That is why it is laughable that untouchables in the west, flesh-eating barbarians and all, claim to be doing "yoga". You are better off fetching my shoes and some garlic naan! On the double mleccha!

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
:D I've had lovers who've had WAY more than a hundred lovers, of both sexes, although none to my knowledge were prostitutes. Never bothered me a bit.

LOL.. thanks for proving my point; untouchables and their filthy lifestyle/habits. sigh...

Arranged marriage FTW! :)

However, look around you at the forbidden temples. Hindus invented sexual promiscuity.

"forbidden" temples? WTF is that? No such thing in Hinduism. And, I assume you are referring to Khajuraho near New Delhi? Again, you exemplify why we keep aloof from untouchables. The sexual acts depicted on the outside of the temple are there for a reason; one that is a bit too complex for the likes of you to understand.

Go ahead and keep killing homosexuals though.. and as your ancestors committed genocide through inquisition for those who rejected your corpse-worshiping cult, keep at it. It's all for teh lulz..

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
I doubt he has the guts to share his hindi-fascist beliefs with his acquaintances and colleagues. Most people wouldn't want to do business with or work with someone with bizarre and malicious beliefs. I'm sure he just tries keep it to talk about "exotic cars" as they roll their eyes.

well, if it isn't the untouchable SHITfohawk blabbering again.

Idiot, Hindi is a language; Hindu is a person who follows Hinduism. LERN TU SPEL!

SHITfohawk, instead of constantly blabbering, try to read a book and educate yourself; although that is a tall order for a mleccha like you.

May 11, 2008
I dont beleive the OP is anti-semitic. However Routon hates Jews and anything having to do with Jewish people.

I think your true nature shows a bit to much. When people give critique, they are automatically anti semitic. I am getting tired of this. In the recent past good honest Jews have been mistreated by other Jews simply because they have been labeled anti semitic. Why do you treat everybody so harsh, you trust no one ? Then this shows you fear your own fate by your own text is it not ? You fear your own expelling once again ?

The same usage occurs in the passage in Talmud Avodah Zarah 37a. The Talmud states that at the age of three a girl is capable of participating in a sexual act. However, that act is not permissible. See also Jerusalem Talmud Ketuvot 1:2 (4b).

Capable of a sexual act. But not permissible. The question is on what grounds ? The same questions arise about text that laying down with young boys is not the same as laying down with men since young boys are technically not men and thus a rule of god is not broken. This to me gives the impression that in the past a lot of dirty things happened.

I have the same questions as Routan. The impression that i get, is that the Talmud is a "how to avoid the raft of god by circumventing strict rules and laws" kind of book, it is filled with solutions how to avoid rules and not break them. Finding such passages in a text that is meant to solve disputes shocked me. Especially if i would take the ancient history serious and for real. Which i do not but i do also not fully ignore it.

Just accept that what you have seen at the roman catholic church about priests abusing children has happened as well with rabbi and children in ancient times. As can also be found in Muslim societies.
Even in recent times. And the Talmud explains how to deal with it. It does not mean that all Jewish people are perverts. It means that the Jewish people should make a decision about what rules to follow. And the uprise of not working ultra orthodox Jews who may very well follow the Talmud by the letter placing a burden on hardworking honest wonderful Jews which are just as any other human: common sense, hard work, love and compassion rules over them. Religious fundamental idiots can be found in every religion. These people do not belong in a happy society for they are here to destroy it.

May 11, 2008
Whether or not you are anti-semitic, you are knowingly or unknowingly repeating anti-semitic tropes here. Anti-semites routinely distort, misinterpret or take Talmudic passages out of context. Your OP has been debunked already by Jediyoda. This article addresses pretty thoroughly various accusations about the Talmud, including the one described in your OP. In sum, it is taken out of context and does not mean what you think it means.

http://www.adl.org/presrele/asus_12/the_talmud.pdf

That said, I am not a fan of any religion and place little stock in ancient texts, be it the Talmud, the Koran or the New Testament. Needless to say, attitudes and views of those times were not in alignmenth modern values and would be considered distinctly politically incorrect, if not barbaric, today.

PS: oh right, you are not fond of the ADL. That and your OP are pretty good clues as to what websites you've been frequenting.

- wolf

Enlighten me. I do not care about the hate of other people. I have no interests in such websites. It is however clear that you seem to claim that i have seen certain websites. Which i do not. But i think it is fair that you state those websites your self just to clarify the situation. Otherwise it once again explains more about you then me. To be honest, i worry, that is all i do in this particular thread.

May 11, 2008
I totally agree with what you just said about William. I have read all his posts and agree that he is open minded and reasonable!

Let me just state that I did say that William hates Jews. I wish to say that I do not believe that to be the case. I am sorry William!!

Granted.
I apologize if i give the wrong idea. The only thing i can write is :
As fear can come from within, also the enemy can sometimes be found coming from within...
Karma is complex. It is similar as weighted input. What is the threshold ?
A non agrarian may no longer remember what sowing and reaping is all about.

May 11, 2008
Perhaps you don't understand what "untouchable" means. Let me educate you: an untouchable is by definition a non-Hindu. So, you are an untouchable. And untouchables are dirty mentally as well as physically and that is why we Hindus don't mingle with them unless forced to.

Did you know that when the British scum used to barge into Brahmins' houses and then left in pre-independence India, the ENTIRE house would be washed to maintain cleanliness? Read up on 'SAUCHA'; 'purity of the mind and body' which is one of the tenets of Yoga. That is why it is laughable that untouchables in the west, flesh-eating barbarians and all, claim to be doing "yoga". You are better off fetching my shoes and some garlic naan! On the double mleccha!

For someone claiming to be better then others, you sure have a limited mindset. It will be your downfall. On average, nobody is superior over the other. Only in a given situation you for a short time may be victorious. After that your moment has passed. And another will take your place. it is life and part of evolution. But i do agree that lifetime one couple relationships are the best for humanity to reduces the spread of infectious diseases which cause later on in life devastating diseases.
Arranged marriages however, are a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
Arranged marriages however, are a recipe for disaster.

Is that why India, with a population of more than 1.2 BILLION people, has a divorce rate of less than 1%?

And, the US, with a population of just over 300 MILLION (1/4th of India's), has a divorce rate of around 50%?

Arranged marriage is never "forced". Forced marriage is not an 'arranged' marriage. There are eight types of marriages in Hindu culture. Forced marriage is not one of them.

Brahma Vivaha, the highest, is arranged due to the due diligence that goes behind finding the right groom for the daughter. You know what the lowest form of marraige is? PaiSAchA Vivaha (marriage for lower life forms) which involves intoxication of the bride - pick up at a bar??) LOL...

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com
Yes, the Talmud states clearly that all of the following behaviors are acceptable -
* for a Jewish person to kill a Gentile
* for a Jewish person to rob from a Gentile
* for a Jewish person to otherwise swindle a Gentile
* for a Jewish person to sexually assault a Gentile
* for a Jewish person to otherwise assault a Gentile

However, these are not the only passages of the Talmud.

Much of the Talmud pertains to business law, e.g. the Sanhedrin section. In fact, if you take the time to read it, you will find that it is very similar to a business school or law textbook - because the Talmud was THE original business & law textbook used by Jewish rabbi's & Jewish people. The Talmud told them how to conduct themselves in business transactions.

Full contents of the Talmud, the Rabbi Epstein translation, @

http://www.come-and-hear.com/tcontents.html

so... you're saying, it's like the ferengi book of rules of acquisitions?

May 11, 2008
Is that why India, with a population of more than 1.2 BILLION people, has a divorce rate of less than 1%?

And, the US, with a population of just over 300 MILLION (1/4th of India's), has a divorce rate of around 50%?

It all depends on how happy marriages are. And how the culture is towards divorce. That has nothing to do with happiness in a marriage alone. You may want to compare western divorce rates from now and 50 years ago. When India reaches the state of the western mindset, developed and becoming arrogant and decadent, you will see the same. People are the same everywhere. No matter where you go on the planet... No matter when you look or where you look. Every time it is the same.

Arranged marriage is never "forced". Forced marriage is not an 'arranged' marriage. There are eight types of marriages in Hindu culture. Forced marriage is not one of them.

Brahma Vivaha, the highest, is arranged due to the due diligence that goes behind finding the right groom for the daughter. You know what the lowest form of marraige is? PaiSAchA Vivaha (marriage for lower life forms) which involves intoxication of the bride - pick up at a bar??) LOL...

If it is not forced then that is a big plus.
Which comes to my next question : Can the future bride and groom decline if they feel it will not work out for them ? How many times is it possible to decline before either family is disgraced ? Can you elaborate on this ?
Can you specify how much freedom there is ? I am interested and open to different customs then my own.

Last edited:

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Inbred lovely human, that Gurkha will beat the living shit out of you with his eyes closed you limp-dick pussy. That's the point.

Well I doubt you are a Ghurka, even more I doubt you are someone to be feared. What I know is you are a mouthy little bitch and mouthy little bitches like you are rather pathetic.

Almost all of the Indian Nationals and Americans of Indian hereitage that I've run across are pretty decent people, I'm sure they wouldn't condone the bullshit you are spewing.

You should be careful, the idiots here might mistakeningly tske you for the typical Indian Hindu and that'd be a shame

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002

This is unacceptable language, even for P&N.

Perknose
Forum Director

Finally.

I wonder if he was vacationed. This guy has been out of control for a while, including obvious racial attacks on posters (like redunderyourbed for example).

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
It all depends on how happy marriages are. And how the culture is towards divorce. That has nothing to do with happiness in a marriage alone. You may want to compare western divorce rates from now and 50 years ago. When India reaches the state of the western mindset, developed and becoming arrogant and decadent, you will see the same. People are the same everywhere. No matter where you go on the planet... No matter when you look or where you look. Every time it is the same.

That is something I don't agree with at all. Perhaps, in ambition, desires, and wants people may seem similar but that is where similarity stops. It is the cultural ethos, innate qualities, and proclivities that makes a man successful materially, physically, and mentally. Although one could argue that material wealth is somewhat inversely proportional to spiritual wealth, the overwhelming desire of humanity today is to gain wealth materially; hence, we have a rat race for limited resources with a bulk of the population ending up as have-nots. It is a sad fact that history forgets about those who suffer and only elevates those who succeed as a symbol of culture and achievement.

With regards to "mindset", the cultural and social mores of the society determine the mental and emotional strengths of the individual to some extent. America 50 years ago was much more prudish and that is why divorce rates would have been far lower. However, it is not from some elevated understanding of relationships and preservation of the sanctity of marriage that kept people together. In India, especially in Hindu culture, marriage is a very important sacrament (called 'samskar' in Sanskrit) in a person's life. It is one's duty in life to get married and procreate to give an opportunity for another soul (jIvA) to progress in this cycle of birth and death. In order for that to happen successfully, the marriage and relationship between the spouses have to be strong. Although it may be subliminal in most Indians' minds, marriage is still looked upon as a divine union.

Yes, the social stigma associated with divorce keeps certain couples, who are otherwise unhappy, together, but they don't form the majority. With Indians aping the western culture more nowadays, divorce, in big cities, is a viable option but still leads to discord among the families etc. It is impossible to legitimately claim that 99% of the marriages in India are successful due to the social stigma of divorce. Yes, a small percentage of that perhaps. However, it is the cultural ethos that emphasizes the importance of marriage that keeps people together.

With India's rapid modernization, divorce rates should be skyrocketing. It isn't. It is increasing, but nowhere near the rate that some had predicted.

If it is not forced then that is a big plus.
Which comes to my next question : Can the future bride and groom decline if they feel it will not work out for them ? How many times is it possible to decline before either family is disgraced ? Can you elaborate on this ?
Can you specify how much freedom there is ? I am interested and open to different customs then my own.

With most arranged marriages, the bride actually gets the say in whether she wants to go ahead or not. The groom too can decide but the way it works is like this:

An interested groom's parents would do some due diligence to see if their son can get an acceptable bride. By that, it is meant whether the bride is similarly educated, her background, her affiliations, and her lifestyle habits as well as her religious/philosophical beliefs/background etc. Once they narrow down the choices to a handful, they will visit the bride and her family together (groom and parents). At that point, they will be introduced to each other and usually the bride gives a nod as to "this is possible" or "no way". If she is affirmative, the groom and bride will meet several times to get to know each other. Nowadays, this is called "hybrid marriage" where the introductions are arranged but the potential couple get to know each other for a few months before actually tying the knot. Once their compatibility is decided, they go ahead or they call it off. The decision is left to the bride and groom.

Marriages are for the long term so important qualities like education, profession, religious/philosophical background, and background of the family as well as lifestyle habits (vegetarianism, abstinence from alcohol/tobacco/drugs etc.) are more important than ephemeral qualities like romance and physical features. Although the latter two are important for initial chemistry between the individuals, it does NOT determine the success of the relationship. That is why arranged marriages are so successful.

In the olden days, say in the 19th and early 20th century, societal norms were much more rigid and women were not given much freedom in Hindu society. This is a direct result of the barbaric invasions by the Muslims who not only stole the material wealth from India, but took thousands of women as slaves in their harem. Coincidentally, this was one of the reasons many families got their daughters married off (or committed) at a very early age. Women were ill-treated and were not allowed to remarry if they were widowed. The woman barely had any say in whom she wanted to marry. In fact, I have heard of cases where the woman doesn't even get to see the future-husband and the parents answer in the affirmative for her! This, of course, is NOT the norm and it has been paraded as such by anti-Indians and anti-Hindus world over. The West is primarily responsible for this negative image of arranged marriage being "forced".

Today, most families, hybrid marriages are the norm. Even regular arranged marriages are NEVER forced and the bride is given the choice. In ancient India, every time a woman was to be married, they had an occasion called Syvamvar where a bunch of potential suitors would meet the bride and she will choose the one she likes best! Such was the freedom of women in ancient India!

In some villages around India, women are still kept down and marriages are sometimes forced. Of course this is not a good thing and must be changed but change, especially in India, is highly lethargic. And, in Indian marriages, two families are getting married, not two individuals! So, think about it like this:

You have a village with say 20 families and two prominent families get into an arrangement to get their son and daughter married. Suddenly, it is discovered that the daughter was in love with someone else and elopes with him. The promises the daughter's family made to the groom's will now not be kept and there will be terrible shame brought on their family. Nobody will offer their sons or daughters to that bride's siblings thereby ostracizing their family. In small villages, everybody knows each other. This leads to extreme alienation and can lead to suicide or something worse. In India a couple of centuries ago, if a woman remarried after being widowed even, her siblings would never get proposals and her family would be kept in the dark about any important functions in the village. In order to avoid such alienation, the parents forced their daughters to remain widowed or marry the said individual depending on the situation.

Remember, Indian ethos is more about the society's wellbeing as opposed to the individual's. Hindu ethos is about self-abnegation instead of self-aggrandizement. These have unintended consequences of course and those are the ills of Hindu society. Thy greatness of it is that Hindu society has always been in flux, changing with the times. Such freedom is afforded by the religious tenets that are not set in stone or are not didactic in nature. People who conflate social norms with religious norms are the first ones to blame Hinduism for India's problems. They don't see that it is only because of Hinduism that the social values are constantly changing for the better.

To recap, nowadays, there is tremendous freedom in marriage, as there was in ancient India. Hybrid marriage is the norm and although divorce is completely legal and an option, it is only an option in case of extreme abuse or serious infidelity among couples even today. It is never an option to abuse the system and the social norms in India make sure that that is the case. Divorce is extremely low because of the Hindu ethos that is prevalent in Indian society.

With regards to people abusing Hindu values and Indian society, let me explain with an analogy of how the West and Islamic societies, or anyone antagonistic towards Hindus, belittles India.

Imagine a Muslim imam denigrating freedom and democracy modeled after Western societies citing pornography as the result. By constantly using examples of pornography, the imam keeps telling his followers that freedom and democracy are "evil" and Muslim society will end up muddled in pornography if allowed the same freedoms! Pornography is an unintended consequence of social freedom. It cannot be used to justify the ills the freedom of democracy and shoot them down! Freedom and democracy are not 'bad' because they allow pornography. Essentially, the imam would be ignoring all the positive aspects of freedom and democracy and instead focuses only on the negative things like pornography to push his point.

That is what the West has done about Hindu and Indian society. They look at some unintended consequence like caste based abuse or forced marriage etc. to keep harping that Hindu society is "bad" or regressive! They ignore the countless positive aspects of Hinduism and Hindu values that have given rise to the most lofty philosophical thought in the history of mankind. Such are the tactics of fundamentalist Abrahamics and communists who now join hands with them in India to deride Hindus. Caste based abuse or forced marriage does not describe Hindu society. Nor does it invalidate it in any manner whatsoever. A lot of damage has been done already with the British rewriting Indian history and skewing historical facts and presenting a very biased and outright false account of Indian culture. It is sad that their racist and utterly false accounts of Indian society are still paraded as facts in the West.

In conclusion, arranged marriage is a very positive thing that gives both the bride and groom enough knowledge about the person, family, and their respective backgrounds before considering a lifelong partnership with them. Even a small bank loan requires due diligence on the part of both the lender and borrower yet westerners find it strange that Indians conduct due diligence for finding a suitable life-partner for their children? Arranged marriage is just due diligence. Simplest way to understand it.

Last edited:

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Caste sytem and arranged marriages are antithetical to freedom and equality of opportunity. You can call those principles whatever you want, but they are the foundation of modernity and advancements in the human condition.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

Cherry picking statistics? How about this: The divorce rate in the Philippines is 0% exactly.

Sounds pretty good huh? :hmm:

You need some perspective, son.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I have read a little bit before but not much just enough to get some idea, it almost seems that everything is treated as a financial issue that can be bought. As long as you have enough money, you can get away with everything. Is it true the Talmud has arisen from the texts of the Pharisees ? One of the 3 major (religious) political and social directions in ancient Judaism ?

ROTHSCHILD- ethics

RocksteadyDotNet

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2008
LOL at the idiots in this thread. Why arn't people allowed to criticise Jews?

Stating facts about the Jewish religion = Anti semitic
Spew hatred and lies towards Palistinians = Patriotic Israeli.

Muslims and Jews both have backwards, shithole religions. Why do you need to fight about which one is worse?

Note: Christianity is no better.

routan

Sep 12, 2010
LOL at the idiots in this thread. Why arn't people allowed to criticise Jews?

Stating facts about the Jewish religion = Anti semitic
Spew hatred and lies towards Palistinians = Patriotic Israeli.

Muslims and Jews both have backwards, shithole religions. Why do you need to fight about which one is worse?

Note: Christianity is no better.

Anyone who criticises Jews and Israel is a Nazi, a Jew-hater, a terrorist and/or a terrorist sympathiser.

Anyone who spews hatred and lies towards any and all Muslims, encourages and/or participates in the murder and rape of Muslims, pillage of Muslim countries is a patriotic American and/or a patriotic Israeli.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Thread has gotten out of control from the original subject

Common Courtesy
AT Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.