Seven devastating economic facts affecting Black Americans

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Racial loyalties are indeed strong in America.

The strongest loyalty, however, is not amongst whites. They have crossed over regularly to vote for minority candidates.

The truest loyalty is not found amongst Asians or Latinos, they have significant percentages that diverge from the majority voting choice, whatever that might be.

The strongest loyalty is of Black Americans for President Obama and the Democrat Party.

In this, they vote against their own economic interests, they vote for policies that do not reflect the social values they believe in, and they vote for a political party that has come to take them for granted.

They won't even consider the alternative.

That is a truer group loyalty than any other.

It is a group loyalty that has not served them well.

SEVEN DEVASTATING ECONOMIC FACTS AFFECTING BLACK AMERICANS

The Obama economy has been brutal on all Americans, but especially so on black Americans.

Consider the following seven economic facts:

27 percent of black Americans now live in poverty, a two percent increase since 2009.

According to last month’s Bureau of Labor Statistics report, the unemployment rate for black Americans now stands at a staggering 14.1 percent, a figure well above the already high national unemployment rate of 8.3 percent.

White Americans now have 22 times more wealth than black Americans, a figure that has nearly doubled during the recession. According to the Census, in 2010, media household net worth for whites totaled $110,729. For blacks, the figure was $4,995.

From June 2009 to June 2012, real median annual household income for blacks fell 11.1 percent from $36,567 down to $32,498. The drop for whites was 5.2 percent and 4.1 percent for Hispanics.

According to the Census, 26.4 percent of households who report receiving food stamp assistance are African American, despite the fact that black Americans constitute just 13 percent of the total population.

A study by the AARP found that home foreclosure rates for African American borrowers over the age of 50 were almost double those of whites.

High school graduation rates, which strongly influence income and job hiring, continue to vary widely by race. A recent study found the following on-time high school graduation rates: 91.8 percent of Asian students, 82 percent of whites, 65.9 percent of Hispanic students, and 63.5 percent of African American students.

Whether these depressing statistics will affect President Obama’s support among African American voters in November remains to be seen. However, a recent NBC News-Wall Street Journal poll found that Mitt Romney receives zero percent support among black voters.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
pretty much like Southern Dallas politics....these communities that are predominantly black continue to re-elect corrupted officials no matter what because of their skin color. These officials always the play the race card at the expense of their constituents.

Pretty sure that this happens in many other cities as well...

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
So when a black clicks the straight party D ticket they are voting purely for other blacks... got it. OP if blacks would only listen to you and vote R, they'd finally be voting in their best interests! That'll be a relief to them once they all read your OP. The group loyalty you think they like is the loyalty that comes from picking cotton for someone else I guess... :rolleyes: breitbartlolz

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
According to the Census, in 2010, media household net worth for whites totaled $110,729. For blacks, the figure was $4,995.

What? Thats too big of a Gap for me to believe until I see a source.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Govt doesn't create jobs, the market does and the fed distorts the market.
Every dollar invested by the govt is one less dollar that can be invested by the market.

Blacks, as a group, are kept disproportionately poor because of the monetary bureaucracy, the war on drugs, the social security tax, the minimum wage, the davis bacon act, and the welfare state, the last of which discourages many of them from working. I would expect whites, as a group, to have not more than 10x the wealth of blacks in a free society.

We should also note that 22x figure is a median, not a mean. I'm sure there is less difference in the mean of net worth, because 80% of the nba is black and because they're disproportionately entertainers to their percentage of the general population. OTOH, Allen iverson went bankrupt and 80% of the NBA smokes crack...

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
The group loyalty you think they like is the loyalty that comes from picking cotton for someone else I guess... :rolleyes: breitbartlolz

Maybe. Are you saying that Black Americans are voting for the ol' plantation Southern Democrats?

Interesting that the quoted article uses all liberal news outlet sources.

dawheat

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Racial loyalties are indeed strong in America.

The strongest loyalty, however, is not amongst whites. They have crossed over regularly to vote for minority candidates.

The truest loyalty is not found amongst Asians or Latinos, they have significant percentages that diverge from the majority voting choice, whatever that might be.

The strongest loyalty is of Black Americans for President Obama and the Democrat Party.

In this, they vote against their own economic interests, they vote for policies that do not reflect the social values they believe in, and they vote for a political party that has come to take them for granted.

They won't even consider the alternative.

That is a truer group loyalty than any other.

It is a group loyalty that has not served them well.

Their loyalty to the D party pre-dates President Obama so it's clearly not predominantly a racial bias.

Frankly if I was a Black American, I'm not sure I'd have any reason to vote R unless I was an evangelical to whom social issues trumped economic. Even if I was an evangelical, I'd find myself sick of the Republicans being the party of 'do as I say, not as I do'.

Why would you vote for a party dominated by old white guys, whose primary focus seems to be cutting the tax rate of the ultra-wealthy, who want to dismantle social programs that many rely on, who supports an ineffective drug war that disproportionally targets your demographic, and who has given your demographic very little representation in their platform.

Apr 27, 2012
Their loyalty to the D party pre-dates President Obama so it's clearly not predominantly a racial bias.

Frankly if I was a Black American, I'm not sure I'd have any reason to vote R unless I was an evangelical to whom social issues trumped economic. Even if I was an evangelical, I'd find myself sick of the Republicans being the party of 'do as I say, not as I do'.

Why would you vote for a party dominated by old white guys, whose primary focus seems to be cutting the tax rate of the ultra-wealthy, who want to dismantle social programs that many rely on, who supports an ineffective drug war that disproportionally targets your demographic, and who has given your demographic very little representation in their platform.

Social programs must be ended, I dont care if others rely on them there stealing my money. Are you talking about that same drug war supported by democrats who also refuse to send there kids to public schools so they dont have to associate with black people

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Social programs must be ended, I dont care if others rely on them there stealing my money. Are you talking about that same drug war supported by democrats who also refuse to send there kids to public schools so they dont have to associate with black people

^
Remember what I said about intellect of a rutabaga in the other thread.
This is proof.

Oh and...
LOL, wut?

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Whatever makes you feel better :D

No I feel quite sad that people like you exist.
I do have a question though, how do you continue breathing?
Is it like the old blonde joke where you listen to a tape telling you to breath in and out, or do you have flash cards or something?

Apr 27, 2012
No I feel quite sad that people like you exist.
I do have a question though, how do you continue breathing?
Is it like the old blonde joke where you listen to a tape telling you to breath in and out, or do you have flash cards or something?

You feel sad that there are people willing to defend liberty:eek:

Why do you refuse to condemn radical islamists who would kill YOU

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
You feel sad that there are people willing to defend liberty:eek:

Why do you refuse to condemn radical islamists who would kill YOU

No I feel sad that people like you have perverted the meaning of "defending liberty!!!!111one" to the point where I make fun of you.

Are you now saying that African Americans want to kill me because of who I am?

That's racist!

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
So when a black clicks the straight party D ticket they are voting purely for other blacks... got it. OP if blacks would only listen to you and vote R, they'd finally be voting in their best interests! That'll be a relief to them once they all read your OP. The group loyalty you think they like is the loyalty that comes from picking cotton for someone else I guess... :rolleyes: breitbartlolz

They shouldn't also just vote "R" across the line because that would lead to the same problem. The black community should diversify their voting choices among many political parties so as to ensure that more then just one political group has a desire to earn their votes. As for the rest of your spiel, it is nothing more then meaningless racial rhetoric of the past that has no meaning today other then to keep black voters in communities locked into one political party. A political party that doesn't have to provide better results as they just have to keep them (the black community) scared with assertions that if they don't vote for a Democrat they will be "picking cotton" regardless of the statistical and contextual facts which demonstrate the continual abysmal failure of such lock step and fear induced political rational to keep them voting the status quo.

Last edited:

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Maybe. Are you saying that Black Americans are voting for the ol' plantation Southern Democrats?

Interesting that the quoted article uses all liberal news outlet sources.

Slightly less interesting than your rant not being supported by your op ed connect the invisible dot briefart link... try a bit harder...

Last edited:

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

Yeah, all those welfare queens like AT&T, GE, Hallibuton, Exxon Mobile, etc. They're stealing my money!!!!!!!!

Do you think this stuff up on your own or does someone write it for you?

Are you talking about the same drug war that punishes crack users far more than cocaine users, even though it's the same drug?

Apr 27, 2012
Yeah, all those welfare queens like AT&T, GE, Hallibuton, Exxon Mobile, etc. They're stealing my money!!!!!!!!

If you knew anything about me you would have known that I want to end A welfare

Are you talking about the same drug war that punishes crack users far more than cocaine users, even though it's the same drug?

I am in favor of ending the war on drugs but ignorant leftists like you who believe Christians should have no freedom of speech also believe that the government should have total control of our lives

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
I am in favor of ending the war on drugs but ignorant leftists like you who believe Christians should have no freedom of speech also believe that the government should have total control of our lives

Considering that you couldn't make a coherent argument if your life depended on it, maybe the government SHOULD control YOUR life. (BTW, that's just you not the other people that post here.)

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

A) Not a leftist.
B) Considering your atrocious spelling and grammar you really shouldn't be tossing around the word "ignorant".

When did I say Christians should have no freedom of speech?

Oh that's right; you're going to tout out your little "Christians Attacked in Michigan " thread, aren't you. You lost that argument completely but you still believe you've won. Sorry, no where in that thread or any other did I say that Christians don't have freedom of speech. What I did say is that they don't have the right to provoke or incite violence. But I'm not surprised that you still fail to grasp the difference.

Please point me to where I've said that the government should have total control of our lives. It shouldn't take you too long to back up your claim. I'll be generous and give you till 11:00PM EDT to post the thread title and post # where I made the statement you claim.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009

Democrats just as much as Republicans support giving money to big corporations. In fact it is part and parcel part of their support of big government expansion of the system itself which demonstrates this as fact. Or do you believe all those government mandates and initiatives to get businesses to behave in a certain manner (be it to hire more minorities, or lend money to more minorities, or develop "eco-friendly" products) are not incentivized with tax payer dollars going to big corporations by Democrats politicians?

Sadly the real issue here is that you only focus on money you disagree with rather then money you believe is justifiable (but which other can argue against) without any understanding or conscious desire to focus on this act of providing subsidizes in general and how its often used to justify supporting other subsidized endeavors.

A war supported by big government and its supporters among the Democrat party. Of which the authority of said "War" is gained by bending and twisting the Constitution to further erode the rights of individuals which again helps the cause of those who favor big government as the solution to all our woes in life in order to push in their agenda into other spheres of politics, i.e. See the equally failed "War on Poverty".

Last edited:

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Democrats just as much as Republicans support giving money to big corporations. In fact it is part and parcel part of their support of big government expansion of the system itself which demonstrates this as fact. Or do you believe all those government mandates and initiatives to get businesses to behave in a certain manner (be it to hire more minorities, or lend money to more minorities, or develop "eco-friendly") are not incentivized with tax payer dollars going to big corporations by Democrats politicians?

Sadly the real issue here is that you only focus on money you disagree with rather then money you believe is justifiable (but which other can argue against) without any understanding or conscious desire to focus on this act of providing subsidizes in general and how its often used to justify supporting other subsidized endeavors.

A war supported by big government and its supporters among the Democrat party. Of which the authority of said "War" is gained by bending and twisting the Constitution to further erode the rights of individuals which again helps the cause of those who favor big government as the solution to all our woes in life in order to push in their agenda into other spheres of politics, i.e. See the equally failed "War on Poverty".

Actually my post to which you responded was a sarcastic reply to Incorruptible. I don't mind you responding to the post but don't act like you know what my point was or wasn't.

Apr 27, 2012
A) Not a leftist.
B) Considering your atrocious spelling and grammar you really shouldn't be tossing around the word "ignorant".

When did I say Christians should have no freedom of speech?

You said the group was inciting a riot-What that really means is Muslims cant tolerate ANY criticism or else they'll kill you.

Oh that's right; you're going to tout out your little "Christians Attacked in Michigan " thread, aren't you. You lost that argument completely but you still believe you've won. Sorry, no where in that thread or any other did I say that Christians don't have freedom of speech. What I did say is that they don't have the right to provoke or incite violence. But I'm not surprised that you still fail to grasp the difference.

Please point me to where I've said that the government should have total control of our lives. It shouldn't take you too long to back up your claim. I'll be generous and give you till 11:00PM EDT to post the thread title and post # where I made the statement you claim.

I have a hard time believing someone like you could be anywhere close to a Conservative.