Serious problem! I'm no longer interested in videogames!!!

Dec 28, 2001
I grew up playing videogames. I was hooked - from Mario Bros. on NES to Final Fantasy Tactics on PS to Counter-Strike on PC . . ..

Now, I find that I'm losing interest in games - heck, I have KOTOR, but it just sits there, and I spend more time iwth minesweeper than it!

I don't like to think of it as "growing out of it" since I don't really have anything better to do, but a rather strange muatation of "bleh"-ness, I suppose (sorry, I've been hanging out with bad influences :) ).

Anyhoo, I hung out with people who are dropping out because they play so much damn videogames and honestly, I don't have the urge to play - I just grow bored and want to do something . . . outside!

I think I'm turning "normal" - well, "less dorky", anyways.

Help!

slycat

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
i stopped for a while...then started again. yep...its just a phase.
a newer, badder title will come along and u'll be ON again.

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
Next week you'll be outside, standing with a rock pretending it's a joystick and making beep, bling, bong noises.

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002
I went through that phase for two months...then I started playing KOTOR.

I AM A BADA$$ SITH LORD AND BASTILA IS MY BEEYATCH! BWAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
kotor is boring, I'm not a big d&d rpg fan.
get prince of perisa, great game.
or call of duty.

Dec 28, 2001
Originally posted by: slycat
i stopped for a while...then started again. yep...its just a phase.
a newer, badder title will come along and u'll be ON again.

Well, the thing is, I see a trend here - as a young'n, I used to play all the time - I noticed, with the onset of college, my videogame time has consistantly decreased over the years, resulting in my current state, which is of me playing mine-sweeper more than any other game.

This might be a sign of my decrepit old age of 22, but when I see my young whippersnapper friends (21, 20, and uh . . . 27) playing games for 40 hours straight (only taking breaks to go to the bathroom and eat), I shake my head and shake my cane at them in disbelief!

Well not really. But I sure as hell can't do that - I have trouble doing that for two hours straight let alone 40!

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I didn't play many games myself between the ages of 18 and 25. Now I'm back to being a pc/console whore and I love it.

Dec 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Bootprint
Next week you'll be outside, standing with a rock pretending it's a joystick and making beep, bling, bong noises.

What makes you think I haven't been doing that?! :D

Dec 28, 2001
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Video games these days suck? :p

16-bit was the Golden Age.

- M4H

I'm in greement with this statement - maybe the problem isn't so much me, but rathe the games themselves!