September 11, 2007

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
To our Soldiers and Marines who are now serving with their boots on the ground in Iraq, Afghanistan and 18 other nations around the world in support of the Global War on Terror.

You are the ones who bear the burden when our nation calls. May you come home soon and may you come home safe.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
I remember looking out at the sky and seeing no planes over head. The only day in my life that has ever happened.

I think everyone was in a daze. It probably had the same effect on us that Pearl Harbor, JFK had on our parents and grandparents.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
I'm sure all of us will remember that day and what we were doing when we first heard the news. I was getting dressed for work listening to the radio. Unfortunately "work" for me during those days was located on the 31st floor of a 35 story building. It was odd not to see FedEx planes flying by every 60 seconds.

BrownTown

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2005
I remember it was announced at our schools normal assembly time and they said "the trade center was hit by a plane", this was before anyone knew it was intentional, in my mind I was thinking the Chattanooga trade center where i live, not the world trade center in New York. Then when we left from assembly there were ~200 people gathered around 1 small TV and I wondered what was up, when I went in it was just in time to see the second tower collapse on live TV, class started 5 minutes later so I had to go to class and jsut spent the whole day wanting to know what had happened, but did not have a chance to get to a TV or computer until 3:00PM, then pretty much watched TV until I left school at 5:00PM and learned about what all had happened, and only then did I learn about the pentagon and flight 93.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
At my GFs house and she was getting ready for work and woke me up to tell me a plane crashed into the WTC.

I looked at it and thought "What kind of idiot manages to hit a fricken tower".
I rolled over half asleep listening and finally woke up thinking to myself. Either it is an accident or a terrorist attack. Then i saw the second plane veer in on the camera for 2 seconds and boom. Yelled out "They hit the other tower". At that point it was clearly not a mistake. Driving home from her place listening to the radio was crazy. When I got home dad showed up 30 mins later and said "They got us good didnt they?" At this point news of the pentagon being hit were coming over the wire. Called my mom who was at our cabin getting ready for work and told her to turn on the news.

Then i looked out my window and saw the flood of foreign carriers lining up to land at MSP as they forced everybody down and every once in awhile could see a pair of F-16s in a pattern apparently protecting the Twin Cities. Though not sure where they came from as I dont believe the MN national guard units at MSP have planes. They could have been from the ND air national guard in Fargo.

Anyways quite a day, a day Ill never forget, and a day i hope never happens again to our country.

dualsmp

Golden Member
Aug 16, 2003
I don't support the global war on terror, and don't believe the official story about 9/11.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14727720

Do you believe any of the conspiracy theories suggesting the U.S. government was somehow involved in 9/11?

Yes. The government has left many questions unanswered about that day.
67%

No. These theories are absurd and disrespectful -- especially to those who lost their lives on 9/11.
28%

I'm not sure.
5.3%

ScottMac

Moderator<br>Networking<br>Elite member
Mar 19, 2001
I was working the Networld+Interop show in Atlanta. It opened that Tuesday.

As I was leaving the hotel, someone said "a plane justhit the WTC" ... I said "well, one hit the Empire State Building in the thirties ... it happens".

When I got to the Convention Center, the NOC had a projection TV set up (normally to show stats) with CNN showing the image of the burning tower ... and then the second plane hit.

By noon, several of the major exhibitors had decided to not open their booths and take their staff home. They closed and cleared the convention center for the day, because they were afraid of an attack on CNN (CNN is across the street from the convention center and the terrorist's best friend and pipeline; probably one of the safest places, certainly in Atlanta)

I had to stay for the duration of the show because I was one of the people working with the N+I team, and I was part of the tear-down crew for our booth.

Me and one of the marketing guys managed to score a Chrysler land-yacht minivan for the cruise back to Chicago (the country was still a big "no-fly" zone ...

Sep 12, 2004
I had taken the day off and was heading out early in the morning to go surfing to catch the tail-end of a hurricane swell. My wife called and said a plane had hit the WTC and wanted to know if I'd heard anything else about it. I switched to the radio and they were talking about the 2nd building being hit. At the time nobody had any real idea that an attack was in progress so I continued to Patrick AFB and parked at the Officer's Club.

Surf was nice; a very clean and glassy 2 - 4 swell. The weird thing was that I saw a lot of sharks in the water that day. Sharks weren't unusual at the O-Club but so many of them at one time were. No doubt just a strange coincidence.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: dualsmp
I don't support the global war on terror, and don't believe the official story about 9/11.

Do you believe any of the conspiracy theories suggesting the U.S. government was somehow involved in 9/11?

67%

No. These theories are absurd and disrespectful -- especially to those who lost their lives on 9/11.
28%

I'm not sure.
5.3%

"Not a scientific survey."

You forgot the fine print that automatically discredits your easily exploitable online poll.

But keep on believing what you want, it's your right.

dualsmp

Golden Member
Aug 16, 2003
Originally posted by: Sinsear

67%

28%

I'm not sure.
5.3%

You forgot the fine print that automatically discredits your easily exploitable online poll.

Ohh you want scientific? Here you go..

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1354

Zogby Poll: 51% of Americans Want Congress to Probe Bush/Cheney Regarding 9/11 Attacks; Over 30% Seek Immediate Impeachment

67% also fault 9/11 Commission for not investigating anomalous collapse of World Trade Center 7

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007

67%

28%

I'm not sure.
5.3%

Zogby Poll: 51% of Americans Want Congress to Probe Bush/Cheney Regarding 9/11 Attacks; Over 30% Seek Immediate Impeachment

67% also fault 9/11 Commission for not investigating anomalous collapse of World Trade Center 7

The Zogby poll was conceived and commissioned by 911truth.org and paid for with generous assistance from individual project donors and Visibility911.com.

Automatically discredited. I don't care what they say; that's about as good as me throwing up some numbers or news piece from Fox News or Jihadwatch. Nice try.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002

67%

28%

I'm not sure.
5.3%

The Zogby poll was conceived and commissioned by 911truth.org and paid for with generous assistance from individual project donors and Visibility911.com.

Automatically discredited. I don't care what they say; that's about as good as me throwing up some numbers or news piece from Fox News or Jihadwatch. Nice try.

owned.

dualsmp

Golden Member
Aug 16, 2003

67%

28%

I'm not sure.
5.3%

Ohh, so now Zogby is with the jihadists.. This IS a scientific survey. Or is Zogby now on the payroll and fudging the numbers?

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

67%

28%

I'm not sure.
5.3%

Ohh, so now Zogby is with the jihadists.. This IS a scientific survey. Or is Zogby now on the payroll and fudging the numbers?

Actually, it really depends on the actual text of the questions, and the sample of people surveyed.

I have seen many "scientific" surveys with loaded questions in my day. I worked as a questionnaire programmer for Braun Research who did a lot of work for Gallup and Princeton Survey.

dualsmp

Golden Member
Aug 16, 2003
Originally posted by: bamacre
Actually, it really depends on the actual text of the questions, and the sample of people surveyed.

I have seen many "scientific" surveys with loaded questions in my day. I worked as a questionnaire programmer for Braun Research who did a lot of work for Gallup and Princeton Survey.

Well we have a scientific poll that shows 51% wanting Bush/Cheney investigated, and unscientific internet poll showing 67% saying there are many unanswered questions about 9/11 attacks. Is this just all pie in the sky?

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002

Well we have a scientific poll that shows 51% wanting Bush/Cheney investigated, and unscientific internet poll showing 67% saying there are many unanswered questions about 9/11 attacks. Is this just all pie in the sky?

Just because 51% want them investigated does NOT mean 51% believe those retard conspiricies.

dualsmp

Golden Member
Aug 16, 2003
Originally posted by: nick1985

Just because 51% want them investigated does NOT mean 51% believe those retard conspiricies.

Go find some other thread and "own" someone...and feel powerful doing so.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

Again, I am just saying that without further knowledge of the poll's actual questions and the sample surveyed, it is impossible to say.

Even so, "want" is relative. I don't see 51% of the American people protesting our government, nor forcing them to do anything, or not do anything. It takes more than just wanting, unfortunately.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
On 9/11/2001 I was at work and the damn management by in large decided informing us was a need less drag on productivity. I returned home from work to shaken wife who was somehow thrilled to see me return safe even though I was almost a thousand miles from ground zero. Only then did I learn the full horror of that really sad day.

As I post this its in the wee hours of 9/11/2007, which I suspect will be little different from the day before or the day after. The only really noteworthy events to note in the six year anniversary is that we have a collective clueless confederacy of idiots met in Washington DC sowing the seeds for more 911's. With one set of chicken little idiots saying the sky is falling so shoot the sky, the other set of idiots trying to stop the idiots from shooting the sky, and no one working on fixing the root causes of terrorism. Meanwhile Ossama&co is enjoying the windfall of acorns while he watches our Country continue to jump off every available cliff we can find.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Lemon law
As I post this its in the wee hours of 9/11/2007, which I suspect will be little different from the day before or the day after. The only really noteworthy events to note in the six year anniversary is that we have a collective clueless confederacy of idiots met in Washington DC sowing the seeds for more 911's. With one set of chicken little idiots saying the sky is falling so shoot the sky, the other set of idiots trying to stop the idiots from shooting the sky, and no one working on fixing the root causes of terrorism. Meanwhile Ossama&co is enjoying the windfall of acorns while he watches our Country continue to jump off every available cliff we can find.

:thumbsup:

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007

67%

28%

I'm not sure.
5.3%

Never said they were; but look who paid for the poll, and how the answers are reported. I bet if I paid for it I could get the results I want too. How come 911truth.org doesn't do a breakdown and release the information from this question in the poll (give you a hint: cuz it doesn't fit their agenda):

402. There are three main schools of thought regarding the 9/11 attacks. The first theory is the official story, and maintains that 19 Arab fundamentalists executed a
surprise attack which caught US intelligence and military forces off guard. The second theory known as Let It Happen argues that certain elements in the US government
knew the attacks were coming but consciously let them proceed for various political, military and economic motives; and the third theory Made It Happen contends that
certain US government elements actively planned or assisted some aspects of the attacks. Based upon your knowledge of 9/11 events and their aftermath, which theory
are you more likely to agree with?

1006 people polled.
Official Story: 639 = 63.6%
Let it happen: 266 = 26.4%
Made it happen: 46 = 4.6%
NS: 54 = 5.4%
Let it happen

So 63% of people polled, an overwhelming majority, believe the official story.

I believe you just got owned by your own poll. Congrats.

And a steady 67-68% believe that no action should be taken against either W or Dick. Another overwhelming majority.

Edit: Poll ?'s and results

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
The people who are taking a thread like this and turning it into a rant about the war on terror or the war in Iraq should be ashamed of themselves.

There are plenty of other threads for you to voice your opinions on those subjects. This thread was clearly intended for people to ?pause and reflect? on what happened that day, not bitch and moan about what has happened since.

Six years ago today nearly three thousand innocent Americans were killed in under two hours time. Have some respect for them and their families and take you petty complaints to other threads.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
The people who are taking a thread like this and turning it into a rant about the war on terror or the war in Iraq should be ashamed of themselves.

There are plenty of other threads for you to voice your opinions on those subjects. This thread was clearly intended for people to ?pause and reflect? on what happened that day, not bitch and moan about what has happened since.

Six years ago today nearly three thousand innocent Americans were killed in under two hours time. Have some respect for them and their families and take you petty complaints to other threads.

I quite agree with you John, but the conspiracy theorist tried to hijack this with his tinfoil.