senior member/elite member

blade

1957 - 2008<br>Elite Moderator Emeritus<br>Troll H
Oct 9, 1999
To be &quot;senior member&quot; u must donate $1000 to &quot;blade's Hawaiian vacation fund&quot;. Your contributions are most appreciated.
To be &quot;Elite&quot; u must be buds with paulson.

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
Oh no, not again! :D To be senior, you need 200 posts. To be elite, you have to be above and beyond the normal poster, and be able to corral trained monkeys at the drop of a hat. But there is only one Den Mother, and she is the one who keeps us in line. ;)

TechnicalXTC

Banned
Mar 23, 2000
acejj26, due to the idiotic amount of posts many people make around here in the name of post count, the number of posts required for senior membership has been permanently removed. From this point forward, senior members shall be appointed based on their ability to: 1. Make coherent posts that take more than 1 minute to create; 2. >Quality< of posts; 3. The unselfish desire to actually help somebody with a problem and not spend their entire exsistence at AnandTech here in the off-topic forum. Thank you. Have a nice day. (8^D)

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
A new feature has just been added to the forum software. It now automatically denies Senior status to members who are too lazy to use the search function.

Russ, NCNE

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
3. The unselfish desire to actually help somebody with a problem and not spend their entire exsistence at AnandTech here in the off-topic forum.

Hey TechXTC, thats not fair! I would help others, but unless it is how to turn a computer on, or how to run a scandisk, I would not be much help, trust me! ;) Oh yes, and if I hear one more time, &quot;A computer illiterate at a Computer Forum, oh thats funny!&quot; I am going to scream! :D

blade

1957 - 2008<br>Elite Moderator Emeritus<br>Troll H
Oct 9, 1999
<< I am going to scream! >>

Here, let me help ya.

aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

waaaaaaa waaaaa (theme from the good, the bad and da ugly)

TechnicalXTC

Banned
Mar 23, 2000
GirlFriday, I did say: >The unselfish desire to actually help somebody with a problem< I know if you had the knowledge, you would be one of the most helpful members here. From what I gather, it's your nature to be helpful. Besides you're also not one of those people who post just to read themselves post. ;)

kabelogo

Banned
Dec 1, 1999
i would post to read my own posts but i can't even read. at least not well enough to enjoy what i've written.

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
I spend much of my existence here in the Off Topic Forum under the illusion that I may be able &quot;to actually help somebody with a problem,&quot; and the sniping of hardware freaks doesn't mean much to me anymore. This is not the first time that the implication has been made that the only worthwhile contributions to this board come from &quot;techs,&quot; and I am sick of hearing it. If you don't appreciate OT, TechnicalXTC, you can go overclock yourself.

kabelogo

Banned
Dec 1, 1999
wombat woman, i wholeheartedly agree with you. I find more enjoyment by some of the people in off topic that could care less for hardware and such.

but you know, geeks have to have their perks.:)

Jan 30, 2000
I may only POST in the Off-Topic forum, but I regularly read the other forums in order to add to my computer knowledge. I also try to learn as much as I can from what my husband does with his computer.

TechnicalXTC

Banned
Mar 23, 2000
WombatWoman, you're so full of yourself, you're overflowing with narcissism. I've watched you transform from a friendly, witty, enjoyable poster...to a sarcastic, self-serving pontificator of annoyingly verbose drivel, that has all your little monkeys falling all over themselves to kiss your ass, whenever you post. No doubt your bitterness is a result of being forced, by many members, to relinquish your elite title. A title that you not only didn't deserve, but other members who were more deserving were passed over for. Yes, you have a terminal illness and yes, you have nothing better to do, but why do you have to do it at a PC TECHNOLOGY forum? There are so many other places you could be posting. Yes, I will take your advice and never, ever post in off-topic again. That you can count on. Yes, I expect a rash of flames from your flying monkeys and I?ll no doubt be banned for speaking my mind about you, but one would have to actually care about not being able to post here to be affected. I think my .95 a day post count speaks for that. I wish you no ill-will and hope your stay at AnandTech?s off-topic forum is a pleasant one. Now, would be the time where you come soaring back using every bit of your college and professional education to try and belittle me, but even with my tenth grade education, I can see right through your charade. Have a nice day and please take this as constructive criticism.

kabelogo

Banned
Dec 1, 1999
I wish i was a flying monkey, that way i would not have to climb the trees to get to the good banannas. Also, I could go vaudeville and entertain a lot of people. That would be fun.

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
I would help other people, but what did they ever do for me! But seriously, I can't tear my self away from OT. What other forums? :p

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
Wow, I am so annoyed, I feel like some pissant little girl from Kansas just dropped a house on me.

Why is it, I wonder, that nasty tirades so often include the phrase &quot;I wish you no ill will?&quot;

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Please read the following statement:

&quot;self-serving pontificator of annoyingly verbose drivel&quot;

And compare it to the post from which it came.

Russ, NCNE

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
Pontificators driveling verbs upon poor defenseless green old ladies!
Ohhhhh, whatta world, whatta world! :p

MSBHVN

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 1999
Ron aka TechnicalXTC,

I have to say that I think you're out of line with your last post. Although, you have been reading around here for a bit, you haven't the right nor the grounds to speak to WombatWoman that way. I understand work has been tough lately and I know how short-fused you can be, however, that's no excuse for saying the things you just did.

WW can be quite entertaining and is very well-loved at this forum. I feel you need to rethink what you posted and ensure that it is how you want to see yourself portrayed here. Especially, to ensure that you actually meant those things and that it wasn't just a temper tantrum. ;)

Please take her advice and stay out of OT, if you don't like what's being posted. OT can be frustrating at times I guess, but don't take it so seriously man. It's all in the name of fun. :)