Senior intelligence briefers: President is endangering American security due to being a moron

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Yay, now Trump's incompetence can be used for plausible deniability..
Ah, I see your appeal to Trump now. We wouldn't have to worry about that with him - we know it would have been on purpose.

Deflector shields on full power.

We know President Obama made a conscience decision to kill a US citizen. Then, when sued for details of the killing, fought to keep the info secret.

Did President Trump make a conscience decision to kill the girl? Probably not.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Let's break it down:

President Obama ok'ed the military killing a US citizen without due process.

Did our military know the girl was there during the 2017 strike? Was she the target?

Because al-Awlaki was the target of a drone strike.

It is terrible that a child was killed, and it is even worse our own military killed a US citizen.

Heh. Al Awlaki was an Al Qaeda operative engaged in insurrection against the Yemeni govt who we supported. He fled the US to escape prosecution & to engage in such activity. He could have walked into the American Embassy to claim his rights as a citizen at any time. He chose to set himself outside the law of both the US & Yemen.

He received the same consideration as Americans who fought for the Axis in WW2 & Rebels who fought the Union in the Civil War.

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016

We know President Obama made a conscience decision to kill a US citizen. Then, when sued for details of the killing, fought to release the information.

The irons are ironing ironly in ironland. Every post you have made in this thread was deflection. I've not defended Obama's actions, because I think he screwed up. He at least screwed up while paying attention. Trump screws up because he willfully ignores the information being given to him. One is a mistake, the other is playing with fire. I missed the part where the details of Trump's fuck up were willingly distributed.

You're deflecting in extremely bad faith. Unbelievably bad faith.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
He received the same consideration as Americans who fought for the Axis in WW2 & Rebels who fought the Union in the Civil War.

From what I understand, Al Awlaki never took up arms against the United States.

All he did was talk, and he was killed for it.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

We know President Obama made a conscience decision to kill a US citizen. Then, when sued for details of the killing, fought to release the information.

First, you're the one deflecting the thread topic with this off-topic whataboutism.

And second, we don't know those things. And even if we did, you only pretend to care about them for purely partisan reasons, and not because of anyone's rights.
Trump could personally and without any due process gun down a US citizen on 5th Ave, and you'd probably be the one here to post, Whatabout Obama and al-Awlaki?

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
First, you're the one deflecting the thread topic with this off-topic whataboutism.

It is selective outage on part of the trump haters in this community. Everything Trump does is bad.... every... little... thing.

Yet, when Obama allowed a US citizen to be killed, that is fine and dandy because of this or that.

In short:

Obama = no wrong.

Trump = everything wrong.

Reactions: 96Firebird

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
It is selective outage on part of the trump haters in this community. Everything Trump does is bad.... every... little... thing.

Yet, when Obama allowed a US citizen to be killed, that is fine and dandy because of this or that.

In short:

Obama = no wrong.

Can you even read?

Topic: Trump ignores intelligence briefings

TH: But Obama screwed up!

Me: Yes, Obama screwed up.. but that's not the topic. The topic is Trump willfully ignoring intelligence briefings and making decisions without information available to him.

TH: Oh I get it, Obama is infallible but everything Trump does is wrong.

Me: Bro...

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

In short:

Obama = no wrong.

Trump Sux as President. He excels at con artistry & you're one of his marks.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

In short:

Obama = no wrong.

The projection is strong in this one.

Obama isn't President any more. Get over it.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Texas hiker is fucking dumb. Stop responding to him. He will detail threads with his total lack of understanding. He doesn’t know anything about anything.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
But does he know he's engaging in projection, whataboutism, and false equivalency? Is he making a conscience [sic] decision to derail this thread? There is a big difference between doing something on purpose, and by accident. Or so I'm told. I read it, and I have no opinion. He said, she said... etc.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well what with Trump lying at a record pace and then either doubling down on the lies or contradicting himself as he sees fit, it's come to the point where every time I see Trump's sour face spewing his tall tale of the moment out of that pouty potty mouth of his it's as if he was personally drilling into my molars hoping to find the mother of all nerve bundles and then incessantly stabbing at it over and over again.

Yep, it's gotten that bad with that self admitted twat twiddler. His stupidity knows no bounds.

Feb 4, 2009
Guys people in the Intelligence agency are saying that they are adding video & animation to briefings to keep the Presidents attention.
THEY ARE ADDING VIDEO & ANIMATION TO KEEP THE PRESIDENTS ATTENTION
THEY ARE ADDING VIDEO & ANNIMATION TO KEEP THE PRESIDENTS ATTENTION

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Let's break it down:

President Obama ok'ed the military killing a US citizen without due process.

Did our military know the girl was there during the 2017 strike? Was she the target?

Because al-Awlaki was the target of a drone strike.

It is terrible that a child was killed, and it is even worse our own military killed a US citizen.

I love how Bush brought in the law allowing this to happen and when Obama did it it is a scandal. I did not agree with killing al awlaki. However, it was legal.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Guys people in the Intelligence agency are saying that they are adding video & animation to briefings to keep the Presidents attention.

I suggest roadrunner cartoons.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000

Looks like KJU was right - dotard indeed.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I cannot believe how many posts on this thread have focused on this inane conniption fit about some drone strike that killed a teenager under Obama's watch.

This suggests why it is worthless to attempt dialog with Trump-tards until they seek help from mental health professionals. They're not interested in real dialog, anyway . . . . Take a hike!

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Speaking of Morons..

The moron-in-chief gives us this nonsense: "I accomplished the military". WTF? The only things he's accomplished relating to the military are lie and dodge.

Bill Maher summed up it up perfectly the other night when saying "I can't tell where the lies end and the dementia begins."

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Obama administration allows US citizens to be killed by drone strike, nobody bats and eye. One of the people was a 17 year old minor.

"President [Trump] is endangering American security" and everyone loses their mind.

Which type of logical fallacy is this??

Is there a difference between a Straw-man or Red Herring? Anyone care to explain?

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I cannot believe how many posts on this thread have focused on this inane conniption fit about some drone strike that killed a teenager under Obama's watch.

This suggests why it is worthless to attempt dialog with Trump-tards until they seek help from mental health professionals. They're not interested in real dialog, anyway . . . . Take a hike!

This. I suspect thousands of Americans are going to be killed and billions of dollars spent down the road because of stupid, purposefully ignorant "decisions" this fool has made. Somehow in a tiny but very vocal segment of the right, that is nowhere near as important as the fact that a 17 YO anchor baby (to use their terms) of a known terrorist was killed because he was in the same vicinity as his father. Terrorists hide among civilians-does that make them forever immune?

Frankly I can't imagine Trump caring one bit in he was in the same situation as Obama in authorizing that drone strike. Heck, if it was Trump that did that strike he would have been bragging at his pep rallies about also taking out future generations of terrorists.