Senior intelligence briefers: President is endangering American security due to being a moron

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Guys people in the Intelligence agency are saying that they are adding video & animation to briefings to keep the Presidents attention.
THEY ARE ADDING VIDEO & ANIMATION TO KEEP THE PRESIDENTS ATTENTION
THEY ARE ADDING VIDEO & ANNIMATION TO KEEP THE PRESIDENTS ATTENTION

So to be clear you are saying that people in the Intelligence agency are saying that they are adding video & animation to briefings to keep the President's attention?

;)

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
So to be clear you are saying that people in the Intelligence agency are saying that they are adding video & animation to briefings to keep the President's attention?

;)

I believe that was the general gist of it.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
This. I suspect thousands of Americans are going to be killed and billions of dollars spent down the road because of stupid, purposefully ignorant "decisions" this fool has made. Somehow in a tiny but very vocal segment of the right, that is nowhere near as important as the fact that a 17 YO anchor baby (to use their terms) of a known terrorist was killed because he was in the same vicinity as his father. Terrorists hide among civilians-does that make them forever immune?

Frankly I can't imagine Trump caring one bit in he was in the same situation as Obama in authorizing that drone strike. Heck, if it was Trump that did that strike he would have been bragging at his pep rallies about also taking out future generations of terrorists.
In my "hot air" mode, I've said many times that I'd seen Trump for what he was -- in part, as the Apprentice Charlatan, in greater part for his Birther promotion. I knew him well by the time of the first school terror hoax of late 2015.

But I could never have imagined the outrages we've experienced in the last two years. Two more of this will still be underestimated.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I don't think we can count the times Trump talks or tweets the exact same thing he's seen on Fox News. The world's largest intelligence agencies at his disposal yet trusts talking idiots on like Hannity.

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
I don't think we can count the times Trump talks or tweets the exact same thing he's seen on Fox News. The world's largest intelligence agencies at his disposal yet trusts talking idiots on like Hannity.

That's the hard part about it for me. I know people like Trump. They will just blindly parrot anything they heard on Fox News without putting in any of their own thought. That's bad ... and that's our president. Notice how @Texashiker abandoned thread? I know some other posters were wondering why @Vic and I even engaged him. Isn't it so much nicer without him though?

Clarification edit: I don't mean I don't want to hear opposing viewpoints. I'd certainly appreciate them being made in good faith though.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
That's the hard part about it for me. I know people like Trump. They will just blindly parrot anything they heard on Fox News without putting in any of their own thought. That's bad ... and that's our president. Notice how @Texashiker abandoned thread? I know some other posters were wondering why @Vic and I even engaged him. Isn't it so much nicer without him though?

I'm still a relative newcomer to P&N, but I have observed that the Righties like Tex, TajMahal etc. never have any useful policy proposals; don't engage in rational dialog; and merely declare their fealty to the Trumpie Right.

This has led me to conclude that the Core Base -- thumping their chests about their patriotism and wrapping themselves in the flag -- really hate America for what it is, or how it has evolved politically since Civil Rights or even Roosevelt. "Rusky-loving, corruption-indifferent, xenophobic America-haters."

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
I'm still a relative newcomer to P&N, but I have observed that the Righties like Tex, TajMahal etc. never have any useful policy proposals; don't engage in rational dialog; and merely declare their fealty to the Trumpie Right.

This has led me to conclude that the Core Base -- thumping their chests about their patriotism and wrapping themselves in the flag -- really hate America for what it is, or how it has evolved politically since Civil Rights or even Roosevelt. "Rusky-loving, corruption-indifferent, xenophobic America-haters."

I'm mostly a lurker overall as well. However, I don't think that is quite fair. AT P&N is definitely liberally biased overall. The few conservative stalwarts left will fight for any reason for the sake of fighting. Turns out, they are pretty much exclusively trolls. There are good conservatives though. My parents have both been straight R voters their entire lives ... and they hate Trump as much as I do. People like a few uncles of mine ... you're absolutely right. I'm not sure that they are representative of the core base, but rather the radical faithful.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I'm mostly a lurker overall as well. However, I don't think that is quite fair. AT P&N is definitely liberally biased overall. The few conservative stalwarts left will fight for any reason for the sake of fighting. Turns out, they are pretty much exclusively trolls. There are good conservatives though. My parents have both been straight R voters their entire lives ... and they hate Trump as much as I do. People like a few uncles of mine ... you're absolutely right. I'm not sure that they are representative of the core base, but rather the radical faithful.
There are different cohorts and overlaps in the Base.

Still -- given what I knew about Trump years ago, I cannot imagine a rational American citizen voting for him. I can't wrap my brain around it. I could pontificate for hours about likely mindsets that would grasp for a Trump presidency, but after reviewing the campaign history, it just seems that some group of people wanted to turn our elections into a WWWF Smackdown. It's as though the reality-TV has blended with reality, and I'm not the crazy person.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Obama administration allows US citizens to be killed by drone strike, nobody bats and eye. One of the people was a 17 year old minor.

"President [Trump] is endangering American security" and everyone loses their mind.

Duh-version

flag-on-the-play-whataboutism-what-about-your-inability-to-actually-argue-the-point-sparky.jpg

Reactions: interchange

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
There are different cohorts and overlaps in the Base.

Still -- given what I knew about Trump years ago, I cannot imagine a rational American citizen voting for him. I can't wrap my brain around it. I could pontificate for hours about likely mindsets that would grasp for a Trump presidency, but after reviewing the campaign history, it just seems that some group of people wanted to turn our elections into a WWWF Smackdown. It's as though the reality-TV has blended with reality, and I'm not the crazy person.

Yeh, well, fuck your feelings, asshole. We's blind stupid mad for reasons we don't understand & need to vent, So Trump! He tells it like it is! He is our voice! Hail Trump!

Like you, I had little inkling that they were quite so nuts over in conservative land.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Has Trump authorized the military to kill US citizens wihout due process, including a 17 year old?

the dude swore allegiance to Al Qaeda and plotted to murder Americans. He was Al Qaeda's Goebbels. I know you don't know anything about requirements for citizenship in the US, for naturalized citizens, but you can't renounce your citizenship, swear allegiance to another nation, plot to murder the citizens of the US, and expect the same rights of Due Process. You just can't. I wonder if we should put our apparently "special" birthright citizens--the type of ignorant assholes like you that feel nothing but undeserved pride--through the same process of naturalization? You would probably fail, tbh. My GF, a naturalized citizen that deserves her citizenship far, far, far more than you ever would, had to swear to "Take up arms against any enemy nation to the US and to not engage in warfare against her citizens."

All that being said, Drone strikes in that manner are not a black and white issue--I agree that it is complicated and I have never been comfortable with it. But don't try to pretend your attempt to characterize a sworn traitor terrorist as some "innocent 17 year old" as anything but disingenuous. You know, I know, and everyone else fucking knows that if Dubs or Orange Julius had dropped that bomb on that terrorist Goebbels, you would be running out into the fields and firing yer guns into the air, ululating some Lynyrd Skynyrd nonsense and jacking your cock with the free hand at the same time.

You just can't let it go because you hate Obama for being black, and the US for electing a black man. You do. Everyone fucking knows it. You can't fucking get over it. You sincerely believe he's a muslim traitor or some nonsense.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Guys people in the Intelligence agency are saying that they are adding video & animation to briefings to keep the Presidents attention.
THEY ARE ADDING VIDEO & ANNIMATION TO KEEP THE PRESIDENTS ATTENTION

'Murica.

khon

Golden Member
Jun 8, 2010
What I do not know, was the girl the target of the drone strike? Because her dad was a target.

Or, was she at the wrong place at the wrong time?

There is a big difference between doing something on purpose, and by accident.

Most of the "collateral damage" from the drone strikes is somewhere in between on purpose and by accident. It's not done on purpose, in the sense that the civilians aren't the target. However, it's also not an accident, since it is usually known that civilians are in the area before ordering the strike.

Not sure if there is a word for this middle ground, where you would prefer not killing civilians, but you choose to do so anyway.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Most of the "collateral damage" from the drone strikes is somewhere in between on purpose and by accident. It's not done on purpose, in the sense that the civilians aren't the target. However, it's also not an accident, since it is usually known that civilians are in the area before ordering the strike.

Not sure if there is a word for this middle ground, where you would prefer not killing civilians, but you choose to do so anyway.

You can use the same terminology as die hard gun nutters, acceptable losses. It's foolish to think TH is genuine in his concern about this though, it's only a "Thanks Obama" moment for him.

Feb 4, 2009
You can use the same terminology as die hard gun nutters, acceptable losses. It's foolish to think TH is genuine in his concern about this though, it's only a "Thanks Obama" moment for him.

I can only imagine the outrage TH would have if Obama let an American escape who had sworn off their American Citizenship and took a oath to the Taliban and that guy then killed somebody.
I know TH would not be saying “well he is a citizen and deserves a trail...”