"Security Appears Outside of Infinity Ward Offices"

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
This is the never-ending cycle of studio/creators make publisher successful --> publisher gives them the boot because they turn to greedy d-bags and try to exploit the studio/game design --> publisher subsequently hits tough times since they fired their talent.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
This is the never-ending cycle of studio/creators make publisher successful --> publisher gives them the boot because they turn to greedy d-bags and try to exploit the studio/game design --> publisher subsequently hits tough times since they fired their talent.

What does talent have to do with Infinity Ward?

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006

Not really, no. The studio were owed royalties (that are to be paid this Monday if still employed), were told they won't get the royalties, raised a stink about "give us the money you promised us, the money we're owed, assholes" and the publisher was like no, fuck you, you're fired so we don't have to pay you.

WaitingForNehalem

Platinum Member
Aug 24, 2008
:rolleyes:

0.5 / 10

MW2 frustrates me as much as anyone else, but claiming IW lacks talent is ludicrous.

How does a 5 hour campaign that is half cut-scenes take talent? People constantly bash Crysis but praise this game for its "amazing" campaign just because it's more popular.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
How does a 5 hour campaign that is half cut-scenes take talent? People constantly bash Crysis but praise this game for its "amazing" campaign just because it's more popular.

IW got to the point of making a 5 hour game by being assimilated by the machine that is Activision.
Once they had something good, it got turned into something bad.

What's really going to drive you mad is working out how they managed to spend $40m developing said 5 hour game in only 2 years ($20m/yr).

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
IW got to the point of making a 5 hour game by being assimilated by the machine that is Activision.

What's really going to drive you mad is working out how they managed to spend $40m developing said 5 hour game in only 2 years ($20m/yr).

They spent $40m on MW2? WTF?! It doesn't even use a new engine!

Pia

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2008

I have never bought a COD game. Played COD4 demo and that's it.

Now, with my non-fan status established, let me say there is nothing wrong with a game being five hours long. In fact, if the devs have exactly five hours worth of good content to offer, then that's exactly how long I want the game to be. More time to do something else. Or if the game is excellent - and it's much more likely to be if they did not pad it with crap - I can play it again.

I read Tomonobu Itagaki said he would have wanted to make Ninja Gaiden a two-hour game with the same budget he was forced to use to make it a ten-hour one. It's a pretty good bet those two hours would have been awesome.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004

Absolutely, crysis is an amazing game, its a shame some people think of it simply as a graphical benchmark or all graphics no gameplay, its actually really good. Modern warfare 2's campaign was described by some as "epic" i call bullshit on that, it was the standard campaign built for a mostly multiplayer game, nothing out of the ordinary or epic about it.

ussfletcher

Platinum Member
Apr 16, 2005
Not really, no. The studio were owed royalties (that are to be paid this Monday if still employed), were told they won't get the royalties, raised a stink about "give us the money you promised us, the money we're owed, assholes" and the publisher was like no, fuck you, you're fired so we don't have to pay you.

If that is true, couldn't they easily sue Activision for far more than they were promised?

Edit: Oops, wrong evil corporation!

Last edited: