Question Second SSD

Shades

Jul 1, 2021
Ok first off i know nothing about setting this up, or even if i've made the right moves so far lol, i thought i could just plug the second SSD into the slot and all would be well, apparently not, so the top AHCI 480GB is my drive, but even though the NVME 1TB drive is showing up here, it's not visible as a useable drive in the file manager. I was trying/hoping to make the NVME TB drive the "slave" to my present drive. Help with solving this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
IMG_7825.JPG

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
In Win10, right-click on the "Start Menu Flag" in the lower-left corner, and select "Disk Management". You need to initialize (GPT), and create/format a volume (NTFS) on the disk in order for a fresh new internal HDD/SSD to show up in Windows File Explorer as a drive letter.

Shades

Jul 1, 2021
Hi Larry, thanks for that, in the specify volume size panel, i have a high figure of 953852mb, and a low of 8mb, i'm not sure as to which end, high or low i should be setting the volume size at to allow the full space of the SSD to be available as free storage, thanks again :)