Second hand smoke :(

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Argh, you can't get away from the damn stuff:| Walking back to my dorm from class and get stuck in a crowd...and of course a few people are puffing away spreading their toxious fumes through the air. As I meander my way past them, I walk down the steps to the tunnel and get hit with a wall of smoke from the dude in front of me which cause me to hack my brains out. Continuing on my way back to my dorm, I see about 4 pretty chicks sitting on a bench just puffing away. So cute, yet so unattractive in the fact that they smoke. Ack!!

Now my damn clothes smell like that sh!t. Argh, make it stop!! I say we ban smoking all together in public, or at least make smokers sit in little 9x9 room with one small little ventilation duct for circulation if they feel the need to "light up." Then they'll know how it feels to be bombarded with the stuff...

I'd hate to be a little kid that grew up in a house where either their mom or dad (or maybe both) smoked. I guess I was lucky to have parents that didn't smoke or drink.

Total Refected Power

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
When I was a kid both my parents smoked. A product of their generation. Just about everyone who grew up in the 1950's did. The smell really didn't bother me as a kid. What bothered me as I got older was how nervous my dad would be if he didn't have cigarettes in the house. And that cough he had was scary. As an adult I can't stand the smell. Thankfully, both my parents quit long ago.

aUt0eXebat

Banned
Oct 9, 2000
smoking should be banned. but then once that happens they will find a way to keep smoking, like when beer was banned in the early 1900's, they made home made beer

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Well then they'd have to stay indoors eh? :)

What I really like is when I go to a bar and come back simply humming of tobacco. Nothing so nice.

Regine

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2000
I think they're voting on banning smoking in all public areas here tomorrow. It's still kinda bad on campus though :(
At least you can't smoke in restaurants here anymore.

FrogDog

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
The only thing that sucks more than second hand smoke are the people that have to smoke around you...Just go some where with no body around, or other smokers around and smoke...

GT1999

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I can't stand smoking. I'm glad I chose to stay home and commute to a junior college, this way I can still live at home, tuition is so much less and no smoke. ;) The college I'm going to is actually a very good one for the area so I'm happy.

The only thing I miss (since I've been to dorms many many times for friend's parties) is being around a close group of friends. As you can tell it also has its downs. :(

dl

Banned
Oct 29, 1999
1 thing that sucks more then 2nd hand smoking is 2nd hand pot...

Used to room with a pothead...now my short term memory capacity is non-existent :|

what were we talking about now? :p

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Smoking wouldn't bother me at all if you could plop a fishbowl over every smokers head and glue it there. But it does affect me, far too often I might add. Doing nicotene in public should be illegal and cigarettes should be taxed until it's just to painful for most people to continue doing the drug (but not high enough where black markets develop).

Education should include an informative campaign, as it almost does now. Stop smoking programs should be tax deductible. ;)

If cigarettes were a new product today, the FDA would never allow them to be marketed and sold. But it's a "tradition" and we don't muck with those now do we? :|

HKSturboKID

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2000
I hate it when I am waiting at the BUS stop and people in front of you start smoking and the wind blow to your directions. someday..I'll just stand all the way in front and light up a cigar and let the wind blow back at them.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
The outside is for everyone I'm afraid. I don't smoke, and I'd rather not be around people that do. But if I'm outside, I'm not about to tell the guy next to me to put it out. I'm just happy that a lot of places ban smoking outright. But I don't think it's right forbidding smoking everywhere, or making it as unpleasant as possible for a smoker.

edit: Second hand high from pot is a myth...

"Claiming you hung out with drug users and got a contact high: Test centers claim they've placed subjects in small unventilated rooms so thick with marijuana smoke that protective goggles had to be worn. Even three hours later, the subjects tested negative for drug use."
ABCNews Article on Pee Peddler

Wedesdo

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
just what does weed smell like?

i went into our school restroom one day, and smelled a distinctive burnt smell - unlike anything i smelled before.

is that it?

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
It's kind of hard to describe a smell with words. Does FuseTalk support Scratch'n'Sniff? ;)

Napalm381

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< toxious fumes >>

toxic+noxious=toxious? I kinda like that...

<< smoking should be banned. but then once that happens they will find a way to keep smoking, like when beer was banned in the early 1900's, they made home made beer >>

No sh!t sherlock. Banning things DOESNT work. It hasn't worked with weed, it didn't work with alcohol, and it wouldn't work with cigs. &quot;Banning&quot; them will merely cause smuggling to go WAY up, and also the government would lose a major source of revenue. I agree, it's disgusting, but keeping it legal makes a lot more sense.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< toxic+noxious=toxious? I kinda like that... >>

That's my little Bushism for the day :p

dl

Banned
Oct 29, 1999
not sure if I'm explaining this correctly...but my memory tells me that pot has a smoother sweet-sour kinda smell....take that for what it's worth from a 2nd hand pot smoke victim :D