Scott Williams suspended by NBA for game 7.. The fix continues..

Crimson

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
The NBA has decided to "upgrade" the foul against Scott Williams for his block against Iverson in game 6 to a 2nd degree flagarant foul.. thus causing him to be suspended for Game 7 against the 76ers in Phily. Further proof the NBA can't _STAND_ the possibility of the Bucks in the Finals against the LA Lakers, and they will do just about anything to keep them from winning. The 76ers can't win without the officials and NBA on their side. The officials tried to even give back a 33 point lead in the 4th Quarter last night.. calling a foul for anyone even looking at Iverson..

I was at Game 6 in Milwaukee, if Iverson is not _THE_ most wussy player in the NBA I don't know who is.. The guy would go flying is someone just touched him. The 76ers will probably win Game 7 in Phily, but it probably won't be because they outplayed the Bucks, it will probably be because the NBA wants them to win..

Mark

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< The NBA has decided to &quot;upgrade&quot; the foul against Scott Williams for his block against Iverson in game 6 to a 2nd degree flagarant foul.. thus causing him to be suspended for Game 7 against the 76ers in Phily. Further proof the NBA can't _STAND_ the possibility of the Bucks in the Finals against the LA Lakers, and they will do just about anything to keep them from winning. The 76ers can't win without the officials and NBA on their side. The officials tried to even give back a 33 point lead in the 4th Quarter last night.. calling a foul for anyone even looking at Iverson..

I was at Game 6 in Milwaukee, if Iverson is not _THE_ most wussy player in the NBA I don't know who is.. The guy would go flying is someone just touched him. The 76ers will probably win Game 7 in Phily, but it probably won't be because they outplayed the Bucks, it will probably be because the NBA wants them to win..
>>

Umm, did you even see the play? If you did, you wouldn't argue the fact that he was suspended. And I guess Ray Allen would continue his conspiracy theory after that win yesterday:confused:

samarth

Apr 21, 2000

<< The NBA has decided to &quot;upgrade&quot; the foul against Scott Williams for his block against Iverson in game 6 to a 2nd degree flagarant foul.. thus causing him to be suspended for Game 7 against the 76ers in Phily. Further proof the NBA can't _STAND_ the possibility of the Bucks in the Finals against the LA Lakers, and they will do just about anything to keep them from winning. The 76ers can't win without the officials and NBA on their side. The officials tried to even give back a 33 point lead in the 4th Quarter last night.. calling a foul for anyone even looking at Iverson..
>>

I dont know why the NBA would do that. According to Ray Allen the NBA wants to see more games because they get more money out of it if the series lasts longer. I personally think that the Bucks would give the Lakers a hard time rather than the 76ers.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

<< I dont know why the NBA would do that. According to Ray Allen the NBA wants to see more games because they get more money out of it if the series lasts longer. I personally think that the Bucks would give the Lakers a hard time rather than the 76ers. >>

Actually, that myth is not true. NBC and the advertisers work out a fixed agreement beforehand so whether they play 4 or 7 games, they still get the same ammount of money.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
Who cares. I sort of hope philly wins so shaq can show AI what an mvp really is.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

<< Who cares. I sort of hope philly wins so shaq can show AI what an mvp really is. >>

Oh please, Shaq has absolutely no skill, if it wasn't for the fact that he's like 7'1&quot; and 350+ pounds of mostly muscle, he wouldn't be able to score at all.

Mark

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999

<<

<< Who cares. I sort of hope philly wins so shaq can show AI what an mvp really is. >>

Oh please, Shaq has absolutely no skill, if it wasn't for the fact that he's like 7'1&quot; and 350+ pounds of mostly muscle, he wouldn't be able to score at all.
>>

And if AI was 7'1 330, he would be able to score? How would you know?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

<<

<<

>>

And if AI was 7'1 330, he would be able to score? How would you know?
>>

Look where shaq scores from! He can't score outside 5 feet of the basket. Hell, i could own some skinny @$$ center if i had Shaq's physical features!

jjm

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I also heard that the NBA is planning to bring Elvis to the finals. They have been hiding him for years just for this event. And next year they will bring the aliens they've been sheltering in Kobe's house. And the following year...

Oh brother. The wimpy excuses are starting already.

Edit: fixed typo

webnewland

Golden Member
Apr 21, 2001
That foul by scott williams deserves suspension. Iverson does flop a bit too much, but I can hardly blame NBA for buck's problems. I'd personally like to see Milwaukee play lakers because Milwaukee is more exciting. But complaining about things isn't going to do anything. Officiating the eastern conference finals has been good and all the calls should be made is made. Allen complains about all the 3 points opportunities 76ers got, him self got a 3 point and 4 point opportunity in less than a minute in game 5, and both were pretty weak fouls. They should just play and worry about the plays themselves instead of the officials.

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000

<< Oh please, Shaq has absolutely no skill, if it wasn't for the fact that he's like 7'1&quot; and 350+ pounds of mostly muscle, he wouldn't be able to score at all. >>

Yes, and if Jordan was 5'3&quot; and didn't have hops, he wouldn't be anywhere near the man he was.

jjm

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Oh, by the way, Williams blew it because he was stupid enough to do it right in front of a camera where the replay shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that he purposely put up his elbow to hit Iverson in the neck/head. He even lunged with his elbow when Iverson was getting too far away. That's just stupid. Even the idiot announcers thought Williams should have been thrown out of the game right then.

I think Williams got off pretty easy. He clearly intended to injure. That was a vicious and inexcusable attack. Gee, maybe Iverson should press charges.

Anyone who defends him clearly advocates violence and cheap shots. That replay is crystal clear.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Man did you see that play? Plus he has had flagrant fouls in every series this year. There is no doubt he intentionaly tried to hurt Iverson.

Johnlee

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
LOL @ Goldenbear!

<< if Iverson is not _THE_ most wussy player in the NBA I don't know who is >>

Uh..yeah right, dude is like 5'10&quot; ON THIS TIPPY TOES and works the crap outta mofos twice his size, get's knocked to the floor more than a whore in Mike Tyson's hotel room, and is the freakin MVP of the league.

You can run with your conspiracy theory idea, but don't diss AI in the process.

btw-I couldn't actually care less, I'm a Lakers fan and we're gonna beat the crap outta whomever comes up.

j@cko

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2000
U know what you are Crimson? I think you are just a crying out loser!
Did you see that hit? U probably did, but still you need your eyes to be checked.
That was a hard and intentional elbowing.
Ya, ya I know what you are gonna say, Iverson is a wussy. Well, I really think you should be honest to yourself. Just watch how he was pushed around and stil playing without complaining. Um.. unlike Robinson.... big whiner. Talk about whiner, and wusse. He's the really who should be pointed at. geez...

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

<< Yes, and if Jordan was 5'3&quot; and didn't have hops, he wouldn't be anywhere near the man he was.[/b] >>

Oh please, that's completely different, jordan played with guys who had the similar builds as he did. It's not like jordan used brute strength to overcome the guys defending him. His fadeaway jumper was pure SKILL. SHAQ on the otherhand uses his weight and strenght to totally back down on his opponent.

Johnlee

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
Phokus-did you watch Shaq run the floor in game 4 of the SA series? He was the POINTFREAKINMAN. A 7 foot point man dude.

Shaq has no skills? Er...have you seen him dribble man? He's got mad handles. He has a drop-step that leaves smaller, faster players falling outta their shoes.

Besides, he can RAP!

BUWAHAHAHA!

Feb 7, 2000
last year in game 5 of port v lakers series pippen through a punch at laker reserve john salley and wasnt suspended...

the league made a bad descision by suspending williams. i dotn think the league is being consistent, and i also dont think the foul was worthy of a suspension.

it certainly appears as if the league wants philly v LA

mithrandir2001

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
If the Bucks are so convinced of some NBA conspiracy, maybe they shouldn't push the limit and commit technical fouls. The hit on Iverson was more than just a little pushy-shovey...there was clear intent to injure. This isn't hockey, boys.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

<< Phokus-did you watch Shaq run the floor in game 4 of the SA series? He was the POINTFREAKINMAN. A 7 foot point man dude.

Shaq has no skills? Er...have you seen him dribble man? He's got mad handles. He has a drop-step that leaves smaller, faster players falling outta their shoes.

Besides, he can RAP!

BUWAHAHAHA!
>>

I dunno about that, but his drop step would certainly flatten anyone who isn't a center or power forward ;)