• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

scariest book you've ever read?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
If you want to get totally creeped out, read "The Hot Zone" by Richard Preston. 10,000 times scarier than anything King ever did because it was true.
What's it about?
It's about some clown who couldn't spend 2 seconds googling an answer on his own.

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
I've never read anything that really "scared" me. I guess you could say that the scene inside the hotel in, "The Shadow Over Innsmouth" by Lovecraft, kinda made me think "oh shit this is really bad and will not end well". And as many of his stories are, it didn't really end well :Q

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Exorcist. But I was about 10 and we were camping. So it was dark and scary.

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
If you want to get totally creeped out, read "The Hot Zone" by Richard Preston. 10,000 times scarier than anything King ever did because it was true.
What's it about?
It's about some clown who couldn't spend 2 seconds googling an answer on his own.
That sounds freakin scary! But maybe too unrealistic...

ASK THE COMMUNITY