Saving Private Ryan

Chunkee

Lifer
Jul 28, 2002
Such a fine film on all realms, even on TNT kind of chopped up. It should be shown on another very important holiday....Memorial Day.

JC

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
It's great. Never has a movie drawn out so much hatred in me as in the scene where the soldier lets his buddy get killed near the end

Gusty987

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Goosemaster
It's great. Never has a movie drawn out so much hatred in me as in the scene where the soldier lets his buddy get killed near the end

I have the same reaction. *SPOILER* Is the nazi that kills the jewish guy the same guy that Opum let go after they stormed the machine gun nest?

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
i loved the first 2/3 of Saving Private Ryan. Well, the first 1/2 hour was the most disturbing thing i have ever seen in a movie. besides that... the last 1/3 of the movie was just way to hollywood, sugar sweet cliched.

but the first 2/3rd kicked azz big time

Feb 17, 2005
Originally posted by: Gusty987

I have the same reaction. *SPOILER* Is the nazi that kills the jewish guy the same guy that Opum let go after they stormed the machine gun nest?

yes sir, he really got fubar'd on their second encounter.

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: wafflesandsyrup

It's not the same guy! It looks a lot like him, but it's not. The guy they let go at the nest is the guy that shoots the Lt. at the end.

Feb 17, 2005
Originally posted by: JoeKing

It's not the same guy! It looks a lot like him, but it's not. The guy they let go at the nest is the guy that shoots the Lt. at the end.

whoops i read it wrong. edit: now im confused.

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: JoeKing

I thought it's the same guy, that's why he let Opum go when he saw him weeping on the stairs...

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Anybody else find the scene at the beginning where they torch a German bunker and while the German's are climbing out of the bunker on fire, an American soldier yells, "Don't shoot them. Let them burn." disturbing?

Feb 17, 2005
Originally posted by: chuckywang
Anybody else find the scene at the beginning where they torch a German bunker and while the German's are climbing out of the bunker on fire, an American soldier yells, "Don't shoot them. Let them burn." ?

so what am i suppose to find about the scene at the beginning where they torch a German bunker and while the German's are climbing out of the bunker on fire, an American soldier yells, "Don't shoot them. Let them burn."??????

YetioDoom

Platinum Member
Dec 12, 2001
Originally posted by: chuckywang
Anybody else find the scene at the beginning where they torch a German bunker and while the German's are climbing out of the bunker on fire, an American soldier yells, "Don't shoot them. Let them burn." ?

Found it.

angstsoldat

Jun 30, 2005
Band of Brothers is still the best movie set ever made imo but Saving Private Ryan is great as well.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Biggest joke in cimena history was SPR not winning best picture, honorable mention to Hanks not winning best actor the same year.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage
Biggest joke in cimena history was SPR not winning best picture, honorable mention to Hanks not winning best actor the same year.

You can thank Harvey Weinstein at Miramax and an easily wooed Academy for that.

I stopped watching the Oscars after that.

Feb 17, 2005
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage
nm

but that guy could have just been at the scene of losing wade and at the end when he shoots tom and the other extra guy who rolled into the river.

edit: you son of a bish!

akubi

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005

yes, if i remember correctly.

they really should've killed him the first time.

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
Originally posted by: akubi

yes, if i remember correctly.

they really should've killed him the first time.

been a while since I seen it. What was the situation where a soldier let his buddy get killed? I don't really remember it.