Samsung 19" Syncmaster 950P Monitor for $298.52 - Is this a good monitor?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Movado

Oct 10, 1999
DiRF,

I just made a reimbursement request at pointclick with Onvia. I think if you check again, you'll find it. It's listed as "Onvia/avenue a" under the merchant list.

--Movado

Gustavus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
bill_n_opus
Thanks. I didn't realize that OneEighty was pointing to my post. Glad to know it is still available though. I spend hours in front of my 955DF every day and like it very much.

LFK

Jun 27, 2000
Okay, it's down to the 955DF and the LG Electronics 995E. Both can be had for about the same price from Onvia. I don't care about specs, but I do care about focus and brightness.

LFK

wkc

Jun 7, 2000
DiRF,

Onvia does not show up on PointClick every hour of the day, but often enough, though. I think you need to click on the Onvia link to have a valid Pointclick referral. You can check the rules on Pointclick, I am sure.

billandopus

Platinum Member
Dec 29, 1999
No sweat Gustavus.

For all that want to know, I love my Samsung 950p. It replaced a Viewsonic g773 usb and the only thing that I miss from the Viewsonic, which was good to me, is the usb port. That would be cool to have. As trivial as it seems, I love the power button on the 950p. Beautiful soft touch whereas the Viewsonic had this kind of harder push power button. And the picture is fine too. Best of all is the price.

However, if the price of the 955 is still current with the rebate from Samsung then i'd go for the 955 and the flat screen instead. At this point it's all about price since both monitors are great. One thing though, my 950p is rather deep which may or may not present a prob for some. Just a precaution, but i'm sure that pretty much all 19 inchers have the same general dimensions saving the short neck versions, if there are any out there.

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
Just want to let you guys know that the 955DF is backordered at Onvia. I'll wait though cuz 260 for a 19" is simply amazing.

gonif1

Feb 22, 2000
(edit)
I can't get the Onvia coupon to work....

Nevermind... bug in IE4, for some reason it's having a problem on secure sites. Used Netscrape and was able to go thru Pointclick AND use the coupon. $319.89 shipped, minus $32 pointclick, minus $30 rebate = $259.89....

sweet !...... :)

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
Does the pointclick show on that taskbar at the top? I went through pointclick to onvia (i think) and when i bought the monitor i didn't see any credit on the taskbar. I assumed that they just credit me after i forward the confirmation letter. Am I right or did i miss something?

gonif1

Feb 22, 2000
My Pointclick account shows the credit as "received", meaning that they are waiting to process the confirmation e-mail that I forwarded to them. I expect that the charge should be "approved" shortly.

MintBoy

Oct 10, 1999
Anyone know when onvia is going to be getting more of these monitors ? I'd like to order one but I'm not going to if they will not be getting more for over another month.

mosdef

Banned
May 14, 2000
I also just ordered a 955DF with those deals that render talked about. Do you know when I can expect to receive the monitor?

gonif1

Feb 22, 2000
Onvia told me repeatedly that despite the "out of stock" status on the website, they in fact DO have them in stock. Unfortunately, I've fallen prey to this situation at Onvia in the past, so I hope they're not BS'ing me.

I ordered one based on their verbal assurance that it's available.

MintBoy

Oct 10, 1999
I hope they are in stock too. If I don't get an email saying my order was shipped within a few days then I'll make a phone call. Has anyone ordered the 955df since this was posted in the Hot Deals forum ? Did you get yours/was it shipped yet ?

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
rickn,
How do you find how many Ingram has in stock? I went to their home page and I didn't see any links... do you have to be reseller?

nuttervm

Golden Member
Nov 13, 1999
i realize i'm a tad late here, but i'd like to put in a little plug for my 950p. i love it. great quality, great price. you cant go wrong by getting one

gonif1

Feb 22, 2000
Here's an update on the Onvia stock status for this monitor. There is a discrepancy between their in-house inventory and their distributor inventory #'s. The actual manufacturers part # is PG19JSBL, which is the # Onvia has been using for reference, but for some reason, the distributors have the monitor listed as a #955DF

Check your order status at the Onvia site. If it is listed as "backordered", call Onvia, and tell them to check availability under the #955DF.

I did this, and was told that my monitor would ship out today.