Samsung 19" Syncmaster 950P Monitor for $298.52 - Is this a good monitor?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
i called onvia and they said that they just received some shipments last night and they are already fulfilling orders. Mine will also ship today and they said that I should expect them to come in late next week b/c of the holiday.

blueribb

Jun 15, 2000
I ordered the 955DF yesterday and the web site showed it was in stock. I just now received a disappointing email saying it is unavailable and the estimated date of availability is "indefinite". Hey, what the heck ? I called and was given a story and a quick brush off.

I decided to read this entire thread and someone mentioned calling back and asking for both the product and model number since it may have been inventoried wrong. Well, they found it !!!!!!!

They promised to ship it out tomorrow morning.

I think they are loosing money on this and they are trying to stop shipping until they relist at a higher price. I could be wrong though.

Glenn (TVDoc)

gonif1

Feb 22, 2000
"I think they are losing money on this and they are trying to stop shipping until they relist at a higher price. I could be wrong though."

If you check pricegrabber, you'll see the monitor listed from 6 different vendors for anywhere between $330 to $380. Hardwarebuyline actually has it listed at a cheaper price with free shipping too. "Wholesale" price is listed as $399, but who knows how these deals really work ? Perhaps Samsung is blasting these things into the market in an effort to capture some marketshare. It wouldn't suprise me if that in fact, is the case.

What makes the Onvia deal attractive is the Pointclick rebate coupled with the coupon, and it doesn't stand up to logic that Onvia is looking to raise the price on the item, since you could apply the coupon/Pointclick discout to ANY item on their site.

No, Onvia just happens to offer exceptional pricing on a LOT of their items. I bought a Plextor 12/4/32 SCSI for UNDER $200 from them, and have used their "coupon" discount for several purchases. CSR's have been exceptionally helpful and accomodating, even sending me some free inkjet cartridges when they screwed up an order.

I've had only one beef with them, and it involved a situation similar to this, where the "in stock/out of stock" status of an item got confused. They swore that distro promised them product to arrive the next day, but then wound up backordering the item because "the distributor didn't come thru". I was pissed off at them because I really NEEDED the item, but they had no problem simply cancelling the partial order, and even let me apply the $25 coupon to the balance of the order that they had already shipped to me.

All in all, I've been MORE than pleased with their pricing and CSR's, and intend to keep them as my primary source for stuff, especially when they keep shipping prices free or very low. Granted, it might not last forever, but it's better to know that you can place some faith in a company to work things out in the customer's favor most of the time.

Cochise

Dec 30, 1999
For whats it worth I e-mailed Onvia about the 955df monitor and was told that while their primary distributor was out, their secondary was not and they were fulfilling orders through them.

I took a chance and picked one of these up so hopefully they will be sending these out soon.

Anyone notice this thread has drifted slightly from its title...

MintBoy

Oct 10, 1999
I called Onvia CS around 10:00pm EST and asked if they had the 955df in stock. They had sent me an email earlier in the day saying that the monitor was on indefinite backorder. Obviously I was pissed, but a CSR did a search for it, and they had some at a distro in New Jersey which isn't too far from Buffalo, NY. Hopefully it will be here by Tuesday.

tom3

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Hi guys. i just called Onvia and told them about the #DF955 inventory number that it may be listed under. Apparently the CSR was aware of the 2 listing numbers, and after checking, he told me that they have "plenty in stock". He said mine will be shipped out either Monday or Wednesday.

tinhrdep

Jan 23, 2000
the price on the 955 monitor is no longer 344.89 but 349.98
should have order it sooner, but a few bucks wouldn't deter me from buying this monitor. great deal

dc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
price still 344.89 and it's in stock now. so it looks like they got their inventory problems fixed.

dc