Same-sex sodomy now legal in Texas (and elsewhere)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Shantanu
Originally posted by: Electric Amish
Cool! It's about time.

amish

Bust out the KY Jelly Amish! It's time to head on down to Texas! :beer::D

Yeah, that was exactly my point.
rolleye.gif

I just don't see how anyone has the right to tell someone what's right and wrong sexually between consenting adults.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
police officers entered Lawrence's apartment in Houston while investigating what turned out to be a false report of a disturbance with a gun. The officers found the two men engaged in anal sex.

:Q

:D

I didn't realize that some states illegalized homosex. Interesting...

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: nick1985
this country is getting too liberal.

<---- me wants to move to ausyland

You think it is OK for the Government to be in bed with you behind you closed private door? Interesting. Don't see how that is Liberal or Conservative, it is PRIVATE only.

Let's put a Government paid thug in this guy's bedroom and see what happens.

Edit: Thought I was in Politics and News, that is better place to find all this.

Well we all are getting screwed by the IRS so....

Anyways, It's retarded that they made laws that they can't enforce. If two adults want to engage in any bodily fluid transfer activities, let them. I for one love watching lesbians :p (|) Now it's legal, and i can video tape it and not worry about getting in trouble with the law. HAHA

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Shantanu
"Holy dog sh|t! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck d|cks? " :D

"Are you a peter puffer?"

- M4H

AstIsis

Jan 18, 2003
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: nick1985
this country is getting too liberal.

<---- me wants to move to ausyland

You think it is OK for the Government to be in bed with you behind you closed private door? Interesting. Don't see how that is Liberal or Conservative, it is PRIVATE only.

Let's put a Government paid thug in this guy's bedroom and see what happens.

The answer to that would be....what usually happens there......nothing!

Well...unless he fancies guys..hehe
;)

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
The ruling will invalidate sodomy laws that exist in 13 states. Besides Texas, the other states are Alabama, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Utah and Virginia.
Anybody know how many of those states' laws also applied to heterosexual sodomy?

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
as well it should be. what people do sexually in the privacy of their own homes should be no business of the government.

I still think its sick, but its the choice of the individuals and they need the right to make that choice. Just like with abortion.

fizmeister

Oct 29, 2002
Originally posted by: Winchester
Fvck this, damn liberals, man I hate East Texas,

Notice, almost all of those states are southern states,

Time to move to Australia/New Zealand, or go back to the Republic of Texas.

Oh, quit your whining. Any parts of Texas that aren't Austin, Houston, Dallas and San Antonio are worthless, anyway.

Novgrod

Golden Member
Mar 3, 2001
interestingly enough, it's a pretty conservative decision not because conservatives are big fans of buggary, but because they always promise to support individual rights & privacy.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
as well it should be. what people do sexually in the privacy of their own homes should be no business of the government.

I still think its sick, but its the choice of the individuals and they need the right to make that choice. Just like with abortion.
If I lived in Texas I'd be looking over my shoulder right about now :Q

FeathersMcGraw

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Novgrod
interestingly enough, it's a pretty conservative decision not because conservatives are big fans of buggary, but because they always promise to support individual rights & privacy.

My sarcasm detector just exploded in a shower of sparks.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb

<rimshot> :Q:Q:Q

I think that if your neighbors can hear what you're doing behind your closed door, it becomes a matter of public concern.

That goes for homos, heteros, and solos.

gordy

Jan 26, 2003
Originally posted by:

I just don't see how anyone has the right to tell someone what's right and wrong sexually between consenting adults.

i guess that goes for sister, brother, parents, hell your own kids if their over 21!

woohoo!

rolleye.gif

animals and minors are next...

Shantanu

Banned
Feb 6, 2001
Good. It should never have been illegal.

Bad Skoorb. Bad. Just because it's legal now, doesn't mean that you should start experimenting. Think about the Mrs.! :Q

AstIsis

Jan 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Stark

<rimshot> :Q:Q:Q

I think that if your neighbors can hear what you're doing behind your closed door, it becomes a matter of public concern.

That goes for homos, heteros, and solos.

The real question is not so much can you hear them..but can you see them too.
:p

Live pourn.

gigapet

Lifer
Aug 9, 2001
i dont really care what people do in there bedrooms and the government certainly should not care/question/inquire either.