Saints Row 4 has rekindled my childlike fascination with video games

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
Playing it right now, definitely Saints Row 3.5

Really fun, but yeah, absolutely zero technical advancement over 3, except for what I hear is more stable co-op.

Does anybody notice the car engine sounds are all messed up? They arent in sync with when you gas/brake. Sometimes they are sometimes now, seems to be random weirdness.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
I never got a chance to play it, though people who do seem to think it's pretty rad.

I had a similar feeling to OP in the opening hours of Borderlands 2. It's just so over the top and ridiculous. I know it doesn't have dildos, though.

AlexAL

Jan 23, 2008
Started this free weekend and finished it. Was a blast. Some really unique fun to be had in there.

CakeMonster

Golden Member
Nov 22, 2012
There are graphical improvements over SR3. Slightly better textures at least. I am currently finishing SR3 which I never actually finished before, and I notice these things quite easily now. The total of all the tweaks do make a difference.

Yreka

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2005
http://www.gametap-shop.com/buy-download-pc-games/Saints-Row-IV-2904-13.html

It was also $14.99 on Amazon a while back, apparently.

I just quoted this to generally post the other pricing going on right now, which is a bit cheaper.

Thanks! I've been playing over the weekend & I'm only at about 20%..Very cool game, it actually reminds me quite a bit of "Crackdown" series from XBOX (which I enjoyed) and not so much of the GTA Series (which I have never really liked)

Looking at my backlog and current pricing though, I'll probably hold out until spring sale(s) & hope for less than $10 (although its totally worth the 15-20$ if I had nothing else to play right now)

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I enjoyed the little I played this weekend. Will wait though for a $5-7 deal to pick it up. Have over 30 games sitting in queue right now and a baby on the way.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I enjoyed the little I played this weekend. Will wait though for a $5-7 deal to pick it up. Have over 30 games sitting in queue right now and a baby on the way.

Saints Row 4 is way more entertaining than any baby I've ever seen.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I've been out of my moms basement for 20 years and I still agree with his statement.

We don't have basements in Texas, but I've been out on my own for quite some time as well. The babies never appealed to me like Saints Row 3 & 4 do.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
well just beat gtav story, willing to jump into this game. For those who say they arent interested in the slightest in gtav, is it because it is so mainstream?

honestly the story was one of the most impressive experiences ive had in gaming, flawless to a degree. It is a play on pop culture obviously, but when it hits a punch line its a knock out. you just dont get complicated gaming with this much fit and finish anymore.

saints row will be enjoyable i imagine, for similar chaotic sandboxy reasons....but i dont see how one could praise saints row and not even want to try gtav?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
well just beat gtav story, willing to jump into this game. For those who say they arent interested in the slightest in gtav, is it because it is so mainstream?

honestly the story was one of the most impressive experiences ive had in gaming, flawless to a degree. It is a play on pop culture obviously, but when it hits a punch line its a knock out. you just dont get complicated gaming with this much fit and finish anymore.

saints row will be enjoyable i imagine, for similar chaotic sandboxy reasons....but i dont see how one could praise saints row and not even want to try gtav?

Not out for PC yet.

Sep 7, 2009
Does saints row 4 have the timed professor genki japanese gameshow crossed with arcade shooter events?

Those were by far my favorite part of SR 3.