Sadly, my old man died this morning!

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Poor old Dad was in a house for older people and got confused sometime. Apparently he went outside last night at approximately 1:30 AM wearing only his underwear. He was found unconscious in the snow this morning at around 7:30 AM. He was rushed to the hospital but his core temp was already down to 27 C or 80.60 F. According to his wishes, I instructed the doctors not to reanimate him. They tried to warm him up but his hart failed. He was 77 years old and in fragile health.

I need to find out why there wasn?t some kind of supervision at night to prevent this kind of things. The police are investigating.

Me and my wife will be traveling to my home town tomorrow morning (8 hours drive) so I can start arranging for the funerals.

Frankly I don?t think it has sunk in yet and I feel rather numb.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
rose.gif
:(:brokenheart:

tfcmasta97

Platinum Member
Feb 7, 2004
It has to happen sometime, atleast he went really easily, just tired and a bit cold most likely.

Im sure he wouldnt have wanted you to be depressed, so be proud instead

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Im probably going to get flamed for this since your loss is fresh.

Theres a good chance the facility will offer you a settlement quickly. Get a lawyer ASAP.

You have my condolences.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
My condolences. My mother was in a nursing home for about two years because she was in a car wreck and was rendered mentally and physically retarded. One day while at college I got a call saying that she was in the hospital. It turns out that she had not had anything to drink in like three days. She died a few days later.

I hope that you don't let up on these people. If they were at fault (and it sounds like they are), make sure you take legal action. Money won't bring him back, but maybe it will make that place think twice about its security.

rose.gif

Rage187

Lifer
Dec 30, 2000
my condolences

it sounds really bad but freezing to death wouldnt be that bad of a way to go. You would get tired and eventually go to sleep.

still sucks but it could have been worse I guess.

GalvanizedYankee

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2003
rose.gif
:sun:
rose.gif
Thoughts and prayers. I took care of my mom the last few years she was here.

Now take legal action.

...Galvanized