S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky!

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kef7

Diamond Member
May 11, 2001
Does anyone know if the latest patch (1.5.07) resolves issues with the Faction Wars?

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Originally posted by: kef7
Does anyone know if the latest patch (1.5.07) resolves issues with the Faction Wars?

1.5.08 just came out. It's mainly multiplayer though. I doubt Faction Wars is fixable, but I haven't played since 1.5.05.

dust

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2008
Originally posted by: kef7

I didn't have such a bug or didn't notice it so far. I've seen people complaining about not being able to conquer the enemy base, but it's just a question of getting your allies to step into it. I admit I had difficulties with this until I realized that the stalkers need to hold all the outposts on the way to the Depot to be able to set foot in it( that means outposts held by Duty or Freedom as well not only by Bandits). If they are neutral to another factions they won't attack that precise outpost nor they will attempt to go around it, so yeah you have to kill the guys and lose some points with Freedom/Duty. Just watch until you have two squads of stalkers at the nearest outpost to the one blocking their way to the Depot and ask one of the squad leaders if they need any help and they will automatically tell you to clear that immediate outpost. I would suggest not to take the job but instead just go and clear it out and the squad will move towards it immediately. If you do take the job you may need to kill additional Duty/Freedom as both bases will send reinforcements to check what happened.

On my second run through I got to see 9 squads of stalkers settling at the Depot and the Bandits were history. They even got the exit to Agropom, the Hideout behind the Pipes, the exit to Red Forest and some points on the nearest Barrier. They came from both Cordon but mostly Agropom/stalker camp. I just had to kill the Duty guys at Agropom-Garbage N exit and the stalkers took it right away and started pumping squads to the Depot.

The same is true for the other factions as well.

I joined Freedom on my third run through and after clearing the Garbage of Duty, I moved to Agropom and got their base from the first run, with Freedom squads constantly occupying the already cleared outposts behind me and finally the Duty base. Two squads still re-appeared in the Duty base but they stayed behind the main building doors and the Freedom was outside all the time, I even had a guide at the Duty base for the rest of the game.

I'm not sure if that's the problem you are talking about though so if it's not please do tell what is it maybe I can help.