Ryzen OC + Battlefield 1 audio issue

Malogeek

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2017
yaktribe.org
Anyone else have Battlefield 1 and Ryzen they can test?

I haven't tested many games yet, GTAV seems to be fine. I was checking out Battlefield 1 this morning and immediately noticed an issue with audio. The music was stopping then starting again over and over. In an actual game I could tell the effects sounds were cutting out all the time as well.

I was running my 1700 at 3.8Ghz and 1.35v so as a test I removed any OC and running Battlefield at stock clocks/volts the audio was perfectly fine. Playing with OC I found that even a slight 100Mhz increase with even no voltage increase caused the audio to have issues. No idea if this is a problem with BF and Ryzen, motherboard and OC causing timing issues, bug with slightly newer Realtek?

My specs:
Ryzen 1700
ASUS Prime X370-Pro
Realtek S1220A audio
Corsair LPX @ 2133

Updates so far:
Reported failed on CH6 motherboard as well
Reported failed with ASUS Strix dedicated sound card + Ryzen OC
Reported failed on MSI and ASRock motherboards

Update:
Submitted to EA answers community
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Audio-cutout-issue-with-Ryzen-overclock/td-p/5963549

Last edited:

krumme

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2009
Try with eg a usb soundcard.
Make sure to install the new realtek drivers from online.
New Usb and chipset drivers also.
I had some similar issues with my asus raid dlx card even at stock.
I think ot was the chipset realtek and usb that solved it. Cant remember.
Its not an oc issue for me. Working fine now.
Asus b350m mb.
So you will have it fixed to. Let me know how it ends.

Last edited:

Malogeek

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2017
yaktribe.org
There is only 1 driver for Realtek audio, chipset and USB from Asus and all are installed. I don't have a soundcard to try. Note that the B350 motherboard has different audio than the X370.

Going to try the "Crimson ReLive" Chipset drivers from AMD directly, look to be newer version.

Hi-Fi Man

Oct 19, 2013
Try using the driver from realtek's website. I never use drivers from the motherboard support page as they are usually out of date.

Machspeed007

Mar 11, 2017
Yes, I will try that, guess I'm getting old as I've always did that in the past, overlooked it this time.

Later Edit: Nope, still have the same audio cut-outs and track restarting..

Later Edit 2: Seems to be fixed by setting Amplify Level to 'Powerful' (I've also checked 'Virtual Surround').

Later Edit 3: Spoke too early. Problem still not fixed. Although it worked for a session, restarting BF1 again brings back the cut-outs.

Last edited:

Malogeek

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2017
yaktribe.org
I have the exact same issue, Ryzen 1700x+Asus Prime x370 motherboard.
Did you setup a new Windows for your system? In your BIOS, is your Secure Boot set to Other OS or UEFI?

Nevermind, thought I'd fixed it but a restart and it's failed again.

Last edited:

nathanddrews

Graphics Cards, CPU Moderator
Aug 9, 2016
www.youtube.com
Two things to try:

1. Disable ALL audio devices in the Windows Audio Control Panel except the one you use.

2. Use stereo instead of surround in the game options.

Hi-Fi Man

Oct 19, 2013
Running this during a session on OC but not sure what to make of the numbers. The HDAudBus.sys doesn't have high DPC counts compared to Nvidia, system kernel, dx kernel etc. However, it is only 1 of 3 drivers that has an ISR count.

Does it say your system is good for real time audio, etc.? The only other thing I can think of is buggy motherboard firmware. Are you on the latest version?

Malogeek

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2017
yaktribe.org
Does it say your system is good for real time audio, etc.? The only other thing I can think of is buggy motherboard firmware. Are you on the latest version?
Yeah it says I'm fine for real time audio. Latest BIOS as well. I'm kinda hoping it's a motherboard issue somewhere as at least we can lean on ASUS to fix it and hopefully a result of stability fixes in the next version will fix it anyway.

Otherwise it will be a lot of fingerpointing as to what's causing it.

escrow4

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2013
Gigabyte normally is a fail for DCP latency and poor firmware, despite this being Asus have you tested DPC latency? Also, the Realtek 1220 doesn't officially exist on Realtek's website - there are custom versions out there for mobo makers so even if latest Realtek drivers are from January 2017 (took them near 8 months to update drivers last time) use Asus's drivers.

EDIT: I'd also recommend either ALC 892 which is most mature Realtek codec or ALC 1150 which is coming close only.