Ryzen 2600X
Asus ROG Strix X470-I
G. Skill Trident Z 3200 cas14 2x8GB
Fractal Define Nano S

Moving from previous build:
Seasonic X-650 K3
Corsair MP500 NVME boot drive
Asus Strix GTX 980

What ITX cooler would you recommend? I may be trying an OC eventually but won't be trying to push the absolute limits, probably just an all core clock of 4 to 4.1 or so. I'll be more concerned about noise than anything else, but it's a windowed case so looks are important.

I've looked into the Noctua NH-C14S and Dark Rock TF. I love Noctua but am not excited about having to replace the ugly brown fan for one of their darker fans (add $25 for a Chromax to the $75 cost). The Dark Rock is better looking, and $85, but every review seems to mention be quiet's mounting not being the best. These seem beefy enough to handle some good OCs in an ITX system, but I'm sure I can get away with something smaller. Any other options I should consider?

Priorities would be noise and then aesthetics.

ClockHound

Golden Member
Nov 27, 2007
Cryorig C1 is another good performing option - much easier installation than the Be-Q. C1 now supports AM4 mount. Their 140mm fans aren't as smooth sounding as Noctua, however.

The Thermalright AXP-200 now includes AM4 mounting. Very quiet, smooth 140mm fan.

Oh wait...the Nano S supports 160mm height coolers . You don't need a compromised pancake cooler.

Noctua D15S is 160mm height.

The Thermalright Macho Direct is 158mm tall. And very cheap on Amazon.

The Le Grand Macho is 159mm tall. Also available on Amazon

The Scythe Fuma is only 149mm high, includes 2 decent 120mm fans - Rev B includes AM4 mounting - under $50 on Amazon

Those 4 tower coolers are the ones I'd choose for the Nano - can develop good clean front to back air flow with the least noise.

That Nano is a huge case for an itx build...but I'm used to squishing stuff in sub-15L boxes. ;-)

Reactions: mjdupuis

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
I would honestly AIO it, like a corsair, or kraken.

mounting the rad up front, would fill 2 roles in one, like this from KitGuru.

P5020010.jpg