Russian Hacking (You People are Idiots)

Page 24 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
I'm just echoing your own sentiments back at you.

How's that been working out for the lot of "I know you are but what am I" conservatives? Seem you should be aware not everything is a symmetrical relationship a la "both sides".

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Just directly linking, since I didn't see it: https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf
Interesting, thanks. While this hard hitting reports references mostly press reports and published industry metrics, I am sure that they have lots of secret intel they just can't describe. But it's yuuuge. It's the best intel ever. And Russia's going to pay for the servers that hold it.

Gonna be difficult to show how promoting Occupy Wall Street (RT framed the movement as a fight against "the ruling class" and described the current US political system as corrupt and dominated by corporations), producing pro-environmental anti-fracking videos, "criticism of the US economic system, US currency policy, alleged Wall Street greed, and the US national debt", and predictions that "government corruption and "corporate greed" will lead to US financial collapse" are a secret Russian plot to be mean to Hillary and the Democrats, since most of those things are left issues. However, I honestly hope it is true. If it is, all that has to happen is for the Democrats to convince their Communist Chinese buddies to similarly hack and embarrass the Pubbies and then the swamp might actually get drained a bit even though the reptiles on both sides actually want to rule it, not drain it.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Clapper added that Russian hackers did not change any vote tallies and that the U.S. intelligence community has no way of determining the impact on the choices voters made.

Hillary ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the US presidential election. Hillary’s goals were to undermine public faith in the US democratic process, denigrate Bernie Sanders, and harm Trumps electability and potential presidency.

Luckily Podesta was stupid and Clinton the stiff.. was tossed into a van. That rag doll performance caught on camera and widely circulated was more influential then the DNC / anybody else realized. Her boat was sunk when we all saw her being tossed into a van in some state of blackout.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Hillary ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the US presidential election. Hillary’s goals were to undermine public faith in the US democratic process, denigrate Bernie Sanders, and harm Trumps electability and potential presidency.

Luckily Podesta was stupid and Clinton the stiff.. was tossed into a van. That rag doll performance caught on camera and widely circulated was more influential then the DNC / anybody else realized. Her boat was sunk when we all saw her being tossed into a van in some state of blackout.

That's what crazy looks like folks!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Please show how many voters were influenced by the emails and changed their initial choice.
If there was no influence by the Russians why did Trump promote the WikiLeaks information during the campaign and why did Trump beg the Russians to release Hillary's emails? Why did Trump spokesperson Roger Stone predict a leak from Wiki before it happened??

U gonna keep kissing Trump's ass why he lies on a regular basis?? How does that orange taste?? Like ass??

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
If there was no influence by the Russians why did Trump promote the WikiLeaks information during the campaign and why did Trump beg the Russians to release Hillary's emails? Why did Trump spokesperson Roger Stone predict a leak from Wiki before it happened??

U gonna keep kissing Trump's ass why he lies on a regular basis?? How does that orange taste?? Like ass??
Please show the proof that people changed their choice. I'll be waiting.

LMAO!!! Another one in meltdown mode.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Interesting, thanks. While this hard hitting reports references mostly press reports and published industry metrics, I am sure that they have lots of secret intel they just can't describe. But it's yuuuge. It's the best intel ever. And Russia's going to pay for the servers that hold it.

Gonna be difficult to show how promoting Occupy Wall Street (RT framed the movement as a fight against "the ruling class" and described the current US political system as corrupt and dominated by corporations), producing pro-environmental anti-fracking videos, "criticism of the US economic system, US currency policy, alleged Wall Street greed, and the US national debt", and predictions that "government corruption and "corporate greed" will lead to US financial collapse" are a secret Russian plot to be mean to Hillary and the Democrats, since most of those things are left issues. However, I honestly hope it is true. If it is, all that has to happen is for the Democrats to convince their Communist Chinese buddies to similarly hack and embarrass the Pubbies and then the swamp might actually get drained a bit even though the reptiles on both sides actually want to rule it, not drain it.

What a load of distractional bullshit.

The report makes it clear that Vlad loves Donald & did everything he could to discredit Clinton & help him win.

But it's obvious to Trumpsters that it had no effect on the election cuz reasons.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
This forum has reduced to beyond worthless.

You people are embarrassingly pathetic.

There is a reason why you have to spend your lives on an open internet forum to express your thoughts - because no one cares to listen to you person-to-person.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

There is a reason why you have to spend your lives on an open internet forum to express your thoughts - because no one cares to listen to you person-to-person.

You make a bizarrely large amount of posts that consist of nothing more than whining about how terrible everyone else is here. If other people are pathetic for what they do here then aren't you even more pathetic for just sitting around and complaining about it? If it's so bad why not just ignore it?

I can't remember a single time you've said something interesting so if this forum isn't up to your high personal standards then maybe you should start being the change you want to see! Save ATPN, dear friend Cubby! Actually say something interesting!

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
How's that been working out for the lot of "I know you are but what am I" conservatives? Seem you should be aware not everything is a symmetrical relationship a la "both sides".
Mirror mirror on the wall who's the biggest BSer of all? Hmmmm... Agent00f.:D Hey does that 00f stand for double fail?:p

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Feel free to not participate. It's not like empty derision will raise the level of discourse, either.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I think both sides have to admit the effect is currently unknowable, much like Nader's influence in 2000.

To say it was the only reason Hillary lost is absurd, but so is saying the impact was zero.

Trump clearly benefited from a hostile foreign power.

Could he have clearly won without their meddling? Quite possibly.
Maybe some day some clever political science analysis can answer more definitively, but likely not.

Until then I would suggest to Trump, the GOP and the Dems that Trump will be president no matter what and we need to get onto the business of confronting the threat to our democracy and world order.

We will review Trump's performance in 2020, and keep him in close check until then.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
We will review Trump's performance in 2020, and keep him in close check until then.

Shee-it, Sherlock. Trump & the Repubs are gonna ride America the way Rooster Cogburn rode Blackie in True Grit.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Mirror mirror on the wall who's the biggest BSer of all? Hmmmm... Agent00f.:D Hey does that 00f stand for double fail?:p

The username should be obvious enough to anyone familiar with computer. What does it say about you to share all the mental accumen of the conservatives here along with their embrace of stormfront tropes?

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005

Not likely. If Trump does something disastrous and the media calls him on it at least half the population will write it off now on account of disbelief of anything said. Social media will continue to pump disinformation into the pipeline to the extent that rank and file Americans don't know what to believe. His opponents have been silenced on both sides and as the leader of the Republican party, no Republican will oppose him. If anything after ridiculing him and distancing themselves from him they're now all lining up to kiss his ass. The opportunity to get their true agenda rubber stamped is simply too sweet to ignore.

Trump is a man who owes no favors to anybody, who succeeded in spite of opposition in his own party. An angry mob of voters supported him in a bid for change and if any in the GoP opposed him now those are the voters they'll be facing in two years. What could anyone possibly do to keep him in check?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
If our own intelligence agencies are to be believed, and I think they are, it's clear that Russia did what they could to tear down Clinton & the Democrats & to provide ammunition for others to do so as well. It's also important to realize that they're damned good with psy-ops & have been for a long time. Their work in that regard is second to none.

It really should give us pause, cause us to reflect on ourselves, figure out what they see in us that led them to believe their efforts would be fruitful. That will be very difficult for a lot of people, all things considered. All too many will dismiss the whole idea out of hand.