Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 312 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
China has a well-established habit of pilfering weapons technology from Russia and the United States.
I suppose you mean they copy it, not steal it as in raids. I imagine that some of the more sophisticated weapons systems are not so easy to copy due to high end electronics componentry.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I recall when back in the days of my impressionable youth, I was sitting on a bench at one of our local shopping malls along with a few of the older guys from the street we lived on, when one of these old guys would sniff the air as these womenfolk would pass by and announce things like "well that one's got her period, and that one just got nailed, and that one wearing the tighties just came from the gym, and that one hasn't had a bath in a week, and that one just came off of a refugee boat......etc etc.

Ahh the good 'ol days....
YES I KNOW.
Cant say that shit no more.

Reactions: tweaker2

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
What, you mean .....

Kremlin Official Laments Donald Trump's Twitter Ban, Praises Fox News

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov claimed in a new interview with RT that Fox News is the only source of "alternative" points of view in American media.

Lavrov lost his best American friend. Remember this was the meeting where Trump gave away top secret intel
5a09a65a1c0000f718b34842.jpeg

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I saw a stat 60-70% of Russians support the war. I also was told you can't blame the Russian people because they have been brainwashed with years of propaganda.

Question: Why do we tolerate that same style of propaganda in this country from the likes of Trump, Republicans and their version of state TV, Fox News?

they've been feed this bs for a while, it''s realy been amped up since 2014

Youtube is getting pulled now, i believe telegram is the only one left?

• Wow
Reactions: Number1 and Ajay

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I feel like this has a chance to go nuclear. If it does, we may not get to discuss these things with each other on forums like this anymore. Even a limited strike that destroys communications infrastructure on a large enough scale would change our world in an instant. Your computer would turn off and you'd look out your window and you'd be looking into the jungle. You would only know what you can see right in front of you. Your thoughts and opinions would remain with only you, not to be shared anymore. Having no access to information and the truth, we would fall victim to false information, rumors, and lies. Even a limited strike could bring the full spectrum of human nature to the forefront. I can't imagine any preparation or any investments made prior to this being anywhere near sufficient.

adamsleath

May 4, 2007
might have been mentioned before.
but dronewarz ftw?
=====

I do wonder though whether the russian military complex - assuming they have one is still churning out material; i have no idea of its production limitations at the moment, for all the poo pooing of the 'puny russian' ....complex.

russian arms exports are considerable year after year. yes we all know u.s. military is the shizzle, well maintained and state o. t. a.

Last edited:

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

This is a well crafted speech - A class in how to talk to people, with whom you radically disagree, and have some chance of getting them to listen to you. He doesn’t even begin to tell Russians they’re being fed false propaganda until the end of the message. He doesn’t assume any goodwill on the part of his intended audience based on his celebrity. Spends about half the message explaining why he has respect for the Russian people. Goes to lengths to forgive their situation, laying no blame at their feet. Oppose the responsible government, not the people as a whole. Arnold has always spoken passionately about the damage the war did to his father. This was speaking from a place of empathy for the losing side rather than vindictiveness or anger. I think this is one of the finest examples of his public speaking. Kudo's!

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
might have been mentioned before.
but dronewarz ftw?
=====

I do wonder though whether the russian military complex - assuming they have one is still churning out material; i have no idea of its production limitations at the moment, for all the poo pooing of the 'puny russian' ....complex.

russian arms exports are considerable year after year. yes we all know u.s. military is the shizzle, well maintained and state o. t. a.

I believe the Russian arms industry is now heavily reliant on imported components, especially electronics. Items which are very likely subject to export controls now. They've probably got some stock but can they replace most of what they've shot off? Likely not.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
:confused:
That's bad?
No its good.
MY problem is that I lack the articulating skills to proper convey what I truly feel, that she is a cvnt (see I cant that anymore either) of epic proprotions. Its like my vocabulary has formed in a age since forbidden and I dont have the skills to replenish it with the "proper" verbs.
I have no ill towards women in general, in general I actually think women are superior to men. Would Ukraine happen without a surplus Testosterone in the mix? Probably not. Put women in charge, preferably mothers. That would be a change.

edit: I just tried to come up with something else than cvnt .. and my mind went biiiiiiiitch. *shrugs*.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
No its good.
MY problem is that I lack the articulating skills to proper convey what I truly feel, that she is a cvnt (see I cant that anymore either) of epic proprotions. Its like my vocabulary has formed in a age since forbidden and I dont have the skills to replenish it with the "proper" verbs.
I have no ill towards women in general, in general I actually think women are superior to men. Would Ukraine happen without a surplus Testosterone in the mix? Probably not. Put women in charge, preferably mothers. That would be a change.

edit: I just tried to come up with something else than cvnt .. and my mind went biiiiiiiitch. *shrugs*.
Shitstain, fuckface, prolapsed rectum, asshole, santorum...

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
I feel like this has a chance to go nuclear. If it does, we may not get to discuss these things with each other on forums like this anymore. Even a limited strike that destroys communications infrastructure on a large enough scale would change our world in an instant. Your computer would turn off and you'd look out your window and you'd be looking into the jungle. You would only know what you can see right in front of you. Your thoughts and opinions would remain with only you, not to be shared anymore. Having no access to information and the truth, we would fall victim to false information, rumors, and lies. Even a limited strike could bring the full spectrum of human nature to the forefront. I can't imagine any preparation or any investments made prior to this being anywhere near sufficient.

A good reason to own a gun even if you're against them, at least you can quickly off yourself. People will devolve rather quickly if that were to ever happen. I guess it depends on how long you want to live fighting off invading hoards of those roaming around taking what survivalists have.

adamsleath

May 4, 2007
I believe the Russian arms industry is now heavily reliant on imported components, especially electronics. Items which are very likely subject to export controls now. They've probably got some stock but can they replace most of what they've shot off? Likely not.
how much of it comes from china though? every ape and its dog uses china for manufacturing.