Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 282 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I am not so sure about this grim outlook for Russia. Oh its grim alright, that's the wrong question though, the right question is : Is it sustainable? Can Putin keep the wheels turning *with* sanctions and whatnot. I feel like this is a calculus he has made *before* he moved on Ukraine. I suspect this is his endgame, this massive divide between our people.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
... In any case, quite a different beast than the extremists in SE Ukraine, who for example threaten the lives of any politician entertaining peace negotiations. Anyone remember the (1st or 2nd) Ukranian negotiator who was brutally murdered by Azovs perhaps around almost two weeks ago? A far cry from our much fabled Jan. 6 theatre.

I'll post this pic again and explain what it is, since the point was entirely missed.

It's a "Camp Auschwitz, Work brings freedom" Nazi, being that Auschwitz was an infamous Nazi death camp, who has broken into the Capitol Building in Washington DC, our nation's capitol, during an insurrection aiming to overturn the lawful transfer of power after a duly decided election.

Upon illegal entry into the Capitol Building, Mr Nazi went to the Speaker of the House's office, that being the leader of the House of Representatives and second in line of succession to the President of the United States.

Not finding the Speaker, as she previously fled the overrun Capitol with the aide and protection of the Secret Service, Mr Nazi joined his fellow extremist Nazis, Confederates, Trump MAGA loyalists, and internet conspiracy theorists, and they preceded to destroy, defile and loot the speakers office since their plans for assassination were thwarted.

images

images

But please, elaborate on how Ukraine is so different and obvious justification for a foreign invasion and murdering of children, women, elderly and other civilians.

Last edited:
Reactions: ccryder

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I am not so sure about this grim outlook for Russia. Oh its grim alright, that's the wrong question though, the right question is : Is it sustainable? Can Putin keep the wheels turning *with* sanctions and whatnot. I feel like this is a calculus he has made *before* he moved on Ukraine. I suspect this is his endgame, this massive divide between our people.

He may have made the calculation beforehand, but we can already see things are not working as he expected. For one, they were supposed to have won the war by now. For another, Putin may not have predicted the full extent of the sanctions.

Reactions: Ajay and uclaLabrat

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I would like to see a sources for this; links please.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
This is at least what Russia is claiming, as well as more pro-Russia sources like southfront.org.

However, apply this logic: If you were in a city that were besieged and getting depleted of essentials such as food, wouldn't you exit along a humanitarian corridor? I sure would, unless somebody was holding me against my will.

Latest news is that a caravan of ~160 cars managed to exit just today or yesterday.

Southfront claims the Azovs or extremists within the Ukranian army managed to hit central Donetsk with a large cluster munition loaded SRBM. From many sources and actions, it's clear to me these are extremists on the same level of ISIL.
So known sources of propaganda are making claims and you give them credence? Find a CREDIBLE source.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I sort of doubt the Chinese send anything too problematic. Food and trucks? Sure. Armored vehicles? Maybe. SAMs? ehhhh probably not.

The very idea that the Russians are running short of AFVs though is just doing laps in my brain.
Yeah, I'm waiting for this story line to fill out over the next couple of days. Seems unlikely that China would go that far. Maybe Vlad gave China the deal of the century - $40/BBL crude for the next decade. China is somewhat insulated from Greater sanctions at the moment because of greater problems in the US and other western counties with inflation woes. So Xi may be willing to take some chances. Time will tell.

amd6502

Apr 21, 2017

Why would Russia do this to ethnic Russian Ukranians trying to seek safety in counties aligned to RU (Belarus and Russia)??? Please use at least a little bit of critival thinking.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Why would Russia do this to ethnic Russian Ukranians trying to seek safety in counties aligned to RU (Belarus and Russia)??? Please use at least a little bit of critival thinking.

Ok, then who is doing it? Because the shelling was definitely happening.

Ya know, for someone who blindly believes sources directly linked to the Russian Government, you have no place whatsoever to tell anyone to think critically.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I know you guys suck with logistics, but damn. Oh how the mighty have fallen...
Perhaps more than you realize. I cannot find the source of it at this time but I have a memory of reading about the titanic lift that Russia made at the ass-end of WW2, moving millions of troops, millions of tons of material, assets, vehicles, supplies, etc across 10,000KM of Russian territory to engage Japan with its full force, and it did so in like a week. Stalin's Russia had a breathtaking ability to muster, it birthed the cold war just as much the nukes did imho.

If this were Stalin's Russia, they would have invaded Ukraine with 5 million on foot, and thousands of tanks. They would have marched from city to city, parking 500k troops in the geometric center of the city, and they would have started with Kiyv, not some asinine 'land bridge' to another part of the country they stole like goblins a decade ago.

Reactions: HurleyBird

amd6502

Apr 21, 2017
I'll post this pic again and explain what it is, since the point was entirely missed.

[....]

But please, elaborate on how Ukraine is so different and obvious justification for a foreign invasion and murdering of children, women, elderly and other civilians.

Ok, I did miss that bizarre T-shirt. Unless it is an agent provocateur (not at all uncommon in these times) I would consider this guy an extremist. Who is this particular individual, and what is he being charged with?

How is Ukr different? If you read my previous few posts I made that very clear. I'll add additionally that they are possibly worse than ISIL, because they seem to have infiltrated the Ukr government, including their SBU.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Ok, I did miss that bizarre T-shirt. Unless it is an agent provocateur (not at all uncommon in these times) I would consider this guy an extremist. Who is this particular individual, and what is he being charged with?

How is Ukr different? If you read my previous few posts I made that very clear. I'll add additionally that they are possibly worse than ISIL, because they seem to have infiltrated the Ukr government, including their SBU.
Thank god you're highlighting the Azov bowling green attack. Never remember!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
True, in this case it's scewed. It might still get you in the right ballpark. And, as Osiris reported, you often can just bump into random people that aren't friends.

I think if there was a real Nazi problem in the US I would've come across some anecdotal trace of it, if not bumping across something myself at least through my circle of acquaintances.

demands everyone here give personal anecdotal evidence of Nazis in the US.

Perfectly OK for him to accept Putin's word, once, about Nazis in Ukraine.

The fuck are you doing here, seriously? Do you think your arguments are at all valid in a room of adults? Is it possible that you know anyone that actually listens to you?

fucking amateur Nazi hour with you over there.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Confederates are Neo Nazis?! That Dukes of Hazard TV series I watched as a kid is actually a Neo Nazi show?

I'm not too familiar with southern culture as that's the one corner of the US I never lived in. My knowledge there is pretty much limited to Dukes of Hazard and the occasional Hollywood or MSM blurb (not that I follow those closely).

It could be that some of these guys are harmless history buffs or just want to retain part of their culture and history. In any case, quite a different beast than the extremists in SE Ukraine, who for example threaten the lives of any politician entertaining peace negotiations. Anyone remember the (1st or 2nd) Ukranian negotiator who was brutally murdered by Azovs perhaps around almost two weeks ago? A far cry from our much fabled Jan. 6 theatre.

yes, we get it. You don't know shit about the US. fuck off.