Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 942 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
I'm at a point in my life where I can forget things rather easily and take a while to get it back. Zelensky always wears his military fatigue/garb whenever he does speeches. What other leader did this in history? I spent an hour thinking about it this morning at work only to forget and remembered just a half hour ago as I was carving an apple (new hobby).

Stalin. I recently watched a long documentary on Stalin following a dreary documentary on Beria. Stalin's life changed after he lost his wife to sucide. He'd sleep on the couch, eat a simple meal, only allow his live in maid to be in the same house as him and speak to him unlike others who needed advanced authorization to do so. Of course he was schtuping the maid and she'd had several abortions. He lost his mind.

I'm not directly comparing Zelensky here to him but to Stalin's few good qualities. Resting the health and future of the union on his soul and shoulders. I can see the same with Zelensky who frankly looks like he's aged a decade in the last year.

Maybe the CIA should do with Putin what they tried to do with Castro, but successfully this time.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
Russians have accused England and France of sending engineers to fit SCALP EG/Stormies to Ukrainian Su24M, supposedly. Think I heard somewhere else they were Polish. Whomever does it, I certainly hope it happens. Goodbye Kerch bridge, various orc commands centers.
They have cause, actually. L3 Harris has a fucking knack for designing custom solutions for aircraft hardpoints to accommodate just about anything as long as there's a check writer. It should be a walk in the park for them. Maybe with a slightly modified missile in accordance with the specs of the su24.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Leeea

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
Apparently the Russians are not happy with Musk and Starlink.

View attachment 76179

Maybe SpaceX was not happy with Ukraine putting Starlink terminals intended for moving vehicles on Ukrainian drones.

That explains why I can't find a Pi or Ardunio kit or board or anything for a year now. Someone tried to play the bs Pi Foundation going profit but made little sense of the matter. I don't hear or read much about ukrainian drones. Just how many are they even operating over there that supply is so short here?

Reactions: RnR_au

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Russia marches towards nuclear meltdown at Zaporizhzhia NPP.

When Russia withdrew from Kherson, Russians retained control of the hyrdo plant AND the gates controlling the reservoir of water. This reservoir supplies the land Russia occupies, including the nuclear power plant. Apparently we are only 4-6 weeks away from the reservoir levels dropping below the intake at the NPP. Perhaps they have not used or restarted the NPP, minimizing the risk... but they ARE on a direct collision course of causing the cooling system to fail.

Russian management of Zaporizhzhia NPP remains something very dangerous.

Russia is draining a massive Ukrainian reservoir, endangering a nuclear plant
The result has been startling. Radar altimetry data shows the current level of the reservoir at 14 meters, approximately 2 meters below its normal height. Since December, the reservoir's water level has plummeted to its lowest level in 30 years of satellite observation.
A 7 February statement on Telegram from the local government said that if the level fell below 13.2 meters, the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant's cooling system, which relies on water from the reservoir, would be in peril.
3Hx8tPl.png

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Russia marches towards nuclear meltdown at Zaporizhzhia NPP.

When Russia withdrew from Kherson, Russians retained control of the hyrdo plant AND the gates controlling the reservoir of water. This reservoir supplies the land Russia occupies, including the nuclear power plant. Apparently we are only 4-6 weeks away from the reservoir levels dropping below the intake at the NPP. Perhaps they have not used or restarted the NPP, minimizing the risk... but they ARE on a direct collision course of causing the cooling system to fail.

Russian management of Zaporizhzhia NPP remains something very dangerous.

Russia is draining a massive Ukrainian reservoir, endangering a nuclear plant
The result has been startling. Radar altimetry data shows the current level of the reservoir at 14 meters, approximately 2 meters below its normal height. Since December, the reservoir's water level has plummeted to its lowest level in 30 years of satellite observation.
A 7 February statement on Telegram from the local government said that if the level fell below 13.2 meters, the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant's cooling system, which relies on water from the reservoir, would be in peril.
3Hx8tPl.png

ZNPP remains at cold shutdown AFAIK. The supply of offsite power was too often interrupted for safe operation. Their cooling pond is probably isolated from the reservoir now too.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
They have cause, actually. L3 Harris has a fucking knack for designing custom solutions for aircraft hardpoints to accommodate just about anything as long as there's a check writer. It should be a walk in the park for them. Maybe with a slightly modified missile in accordance with the specs of the su24.

Yeah, shouldn't be too difficult. And of course Putin can stick that outrage up the same orifice he used when it was an Israeli firm putting HARM on MiGs, not that I don't enjoy hearing orcs bemoan their slowmoving dumpsterfire of warcrimes and fail.

I just hope it happens. StormShadow not only has a lot of bang, it's a dual charge design, first breaches into the hardened protection of the target, then the second larger charge plows through. Could be an Excalibur/HIMARS level headache for Putin, will work on bunkers better than GMLRS. Your standard 'simultaneous attack from 3 directions' on the Kerch with StormShadow and that thing is probably gone for good. As war altering events go that would be pretty big. SCALP-ER could be really helpful given the new meat wave coming too, as the French flavor is sub munitions I think. I hope Ukraine gets all they want of both.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Yeah, shouldn't be too difficult. And of course Putin can stick that outrage up the same orifice he used when it was an Israeli firm putting HARM on MiGs, not that I don't enjoy hearing orcs bemoan their slowmoving dumpsterfire of warcrimes and fail.

I just hope it happens. StormShadow not only has a lot of bang, it's a dual charge design, first breaches into the hardened protection of the target, then the second larger charge plows through. Could be an Excalibur/HIMARS level headache for Putin, will work on bunkers better than GMLRS. Your standard 'simultaneous attack from 3 directions' on the Kerch with StormShadow and that thing is probably gone for good. As war altering events go that would be pretty big. SCALP-ER could be really helpful given the new meat wave coming too, as the French flavor is sub munitions I think. I hope Ukraine gets all they want of both.

The Kerch rail bridge is a pretty chunky design (steel trough filled with ballast) that would likely respond quite favorably, from Ukraine's POV, to the BROACH warheads on the Storm Shadow.

Reactions: Leeea

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
There have been rumblings that Switzerland might change its policy but nothing real happening yet.

Nobody in Europe is going to ever buy anything from them again. Future joint development deals will be refused. Since some of their arms industry is owned by multinationals some lines will be moved out of the country like Rheinmetall has started to do.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
There have been rumblings that Switzerland might change its policy but nothing real happening yet.

Nobody in Europe is going to ever buy anything from them again. Future joint development deals will be refused. Since some of their arms industry is owned by multinationals some lines will be moved out of the country like Rheinmetall has started to do.

They suck worse than the Germans.

At least with the Hungarians you know they are autocratic tankies. Detestable, but respectable.

The Swiss tho, I guess they are just waiting for the all the stolen loot to flow into their banks, all the while being democratically aligned.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Amerikanskis, Uncle Vlad wants YOU!

View attachment 76243

Wagner group claims 10 million Americans signed up to fight for them in Ukraine. Ok, sure. :rolleyes:

I can only hope Fucker Carlson is leading the pack.

That would require Fucker to not be a coward wouldn't it? So much for that idea. Maybe someone more invested in the tough guy act would do. That pisshead Dan Bongino for instance. Not that I wouldn't like to see magats dry up quicker than with covid, but this weak propaganda attempt makes me think Uncle Vova has been experimenting with alcohol again, while heavily medicated.

Maybe that's an old pic. If not, grats on your hands turning back to a normal color Putin, now hurry up and get poisoned

Last edited:
Reactions: Tsinni Dave

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

Dutch government seems to want to give them the f-16's , not sure if they need USA's ok first though?

Was hoping that would come up. There's 30 of them and they're getting replaced next year anyway. This should be a no brainer.

C'mon Poland. Let's get some volunteer pilots who speak Ukrainian in there! Let them bring it until phasing out as Ukrainian pilots with the needed experience arrive from England and the States.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Kinda impressed the Russians are still to this day driving their armor columns straight into artillery laid minefields then getting totally schellacked by said artillery when they start losing vehicles. That’s dedication to the bit.

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005

Wow. Its like a tower defense game at this point for the ukranians. mindless waves coming into a defended area. dunno how else to think of it

jones377

May 2, 2004
Not to worry. Here come the pros.

8VLGIV9.jpeg

I someones watch Paradox MP games (HOI4, EU4 etc) on twitch so I know who Tommy is and this guy looks very familiar. Is it grishaputin? I was wondering how he would try to dodge the draft and I guess this is one way :)

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017

Puto Putin couldn't keep his wife from leaving him for another man. It's been many years since I read the bullshit articles but it read like he enjoyed being cuckholded.