Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 901 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Germany really trying to see if it can make its allies so mad that they ignore the re-export restrictions on their weapons systems. Poland has already switched suppliers so what are they gonna do to them?

The US might have to supply the M1 out of sheer angry exasperation with Scholz.

Yes. I was reading about this yesterday. This insanity needs to stop. The US, and perhaps, Britain and France should just announce they are sending over heavy MBTs. Then it's put up or shut up time for Germany. Sholtz seriously need a fire lit under his ass.

Reactions: Racan

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Yes. I was reading about this yesterday. This insanity needs to stop. The US, and perhaps, Britain and France should just announce they are sending over heavy MBTs. Then it's put up or shut up time for Germany. Sholtz seriously need a fire lit under his ass.

Macron forced Scholz's hand with the Marders by announcing he was sending AMX-10RCs. Biden was working to get them to announce Bradleys and Marders together but the Germans were dragging their feet then Emmanuel busts through the wall like the Kool Aid man lol.

Maybe call Paris and see if they'll send a dozen Leclercs.

Reactions: Ajay and Leeea

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
United States media, Fox News, could not be a greater proponent of Russia's interests and supporter of attacking Ukraine if Putin himself ran the organization.
And based on the comments section, the Russian propaganda is effective. This treason FOR ethnic cleansing IS the Republican Party.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/g0MWx16-HO4

Reactions: hal2kilo

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
United States media, Fox News, could not be a greater proponent of Russia's interests and supporter of attacking Ukraine if Putin himself ran the organization.
And based on the comments section, the Russian propaganda is effective. This treason FOR ethnic cleansing IS the Republican Party.

Threw up a bit in my mouth over that. Thanks. Honestly, WTH!

Reactions: Jaskalas and Racan

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Macron forced Scholz's hand with the Marders by announcing he was sending AMX-10RCs. Biden was working to get them to announce Bradleys and Marders together but the Germans were dragging their feet then Emmanuel busts through the wall like the Kool Aid man lol.

Maybe call Paris and see if they'll send a dozen Leclercs.
*Checks contact list* Hmm, no Macron ;). Good on him though. I've said it before - Biden is stuck herding cats.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017

And the Republicon party marches in step to the orders from Fox's drum... there is precisely zero chance of additional Ukraine aid passing this House. Fortunately 2023 was already fully funded, but if the war drags on to 2024 - which is likely - US support will likely run out.

US Policy being controlled by 1 talking head - Tucker, whose non-stop anti-Ukraine/pro-genocide/pro-Russia brain-washing for the past 2 years is finally fully paying dividends as it has spread its viral contagion to all of MAGA and beyond.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
An amphibious op would be suicidal when NATO ISR is literally staring at you and the Ukrainians have Neptunes/Harpoons/GMLRS and an absoulte assload of ATGMs.
So on par with the rest of their operations.

• Haha
Reactions: Ajay

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007
And the Republicon party marches in step to the orders from Fox's drum... there is precisely zero chance of additional Ukraine aid passing this House. Fortunately 2023 was already fully funded, but if the war drags on to 2024 - which is likely - US support will likely run out.

US Policy being controlled by 1 talking head - Tucker, whose non-stop anti-Ukraine/pro-genocide/pro-Russia brain-washing for the past 2 years is finally fully paying dividends as it has spread its viral contagion to all of MAGA and beyond.

Maybe this is the reason why they want to stop aid:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007
It’s not often you read of Ukrainian troops criticising their military leaders.

The soldier said that he believed Ukraine’s military leaders would eventually abandon the fight for Soledar and questioned why they hadn’t done this yet. “Everyone understands that the city will be abandoned. Everyone understands this,” he said. “I just want to understand what the point [in fighting house to house] is. Why die, if we are going to leave it anyway today or tomorrow?”

Kinda sounds like a major last push before they run out of gas so to speak.. so they want to be entrenched before negotiations and don't want to give anything up that they conquer now no matter what the cost.

And here I was thinking it was Putin who was sending his troops into the ‘meat grinder’.

Meanwhile you have Zelensky who continues to pour bodies into a battle that Ukrainian troops realize they can’t win, all to defend an area that many people in this thread said had ‘no strategic value’.

Talk about a waste of lives huh?

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
And here I was thinking it was Putin who was sending his troops into the ‘meat grinder’.

Meanwhile you have Zelensky who continues to pour bodies into a battle that Ukrainian troops realize they can’t win, all to defend an area that many people in this thread had ‘no strategic value’.

Attritting your opponent is smart. Defending where you can attrit heavily is a strategy as old as time.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
And they sacrificed how many, just to sit in a pile of rubble for 3-4 months until it's retaken in the spring offensive? At least the resources wasted here aren't being used somewhere more effective.
Yep. I can only imagine that Putin demanded a win at any cost. Maybe Prigozhin was worried he might fall out a window to his death. I just hope the kill ratio greatly favored the UA soldiers. Wagner held the high ground and outmaneuvered the UA in this case. Geography is still very much destiny in land wars.

I sure hope Prigozhin makes the mistake of finding himself in a UA sniper’s crosshairs while he at the front.

Reactions: cytg111

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yep. I can only imagine that Putin demanded a win at any cost. Maybe Prigozhin was worried he might fall out a window to his death. I just hope the kill ratio greatly favored the UA soldiers. Wagner held the high ground and outmaneuvered the UA in this case. Geography is still very much destiny in land wars.

I sure hope Prigozhin makes the mistake of finding himself in a UA sniper’s crosshairs while he at the front.
It does seem to show yet again how autocracies are not actually more efficient than democracies. In theory Putin should be able to make the command decision to extricate Russia from a disastrous war. He can’t though.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Ajay

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Well just talking about it isn't going to help things move faster. Green light it and let Boeing/Saab work it out. War is also probably not going to end real soon anyway.

They're not concerned about escalation though in the 150km range so that could open some other doors possibly. I do think very limited quantities (due to production just starting) of GMLRS ER have been supplied.

Reactions: Ajay and Leeea

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

Tulsi, Tucker, et all, are all scared sh!tless of Putin regime falling and new government releasing FSB archives on foreign agents.

RnR_au

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2021
1673586692063.png

Not sure that Ukraine, or even the European forces have enough ammo to rout such a large force.

It would be a close call if Russia does manage to field so many recruits and support them ofcause.

Which is the sticking point. If Russia does decide to mobilise so many, it will have to put the country on a full war footing.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Not sure that Ukraine, or even the European forces have enough ammo to rout such a large force.

While rockets and missiles are indeed in limited supply, and may actually be easily exhausted by any long term engagement, ammo itself... what we have provided thus far in bullets is not even a rounding error of annual domestic production. Bullets are truly endless. Granted, this report is from September. But that report indicates there are enough bullets for every human on the planet, annually.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/united-states-running-out-weapons-send-ukraine

Small Arms Ammunition
Small arms are handguns, rifles, and portable machine guns, typically up to 7.62 mm caliber. While the 26 million rounds being provided to Ukraine may sound like a lot, it is not even 1 percent of annual U.S. production (8.6 billion in 2020). The U.S. civilian economy produces vast amounts of small arms ammunition for sport, so there is no danger of running out.

Reactions: RnR_au

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
You have to remember that Russia lost the first war with Chechnya, an isolated republic of under a couple million people with very little international support and no heavy arms.

Reactions: RnR_au and Leeea

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
View attachment 74509

It would be a close call if Russia does manage to field so many recruits and support them ofcause.

Which is the sticking point. If Russia does decide to mobilise so many, it will have to put the country on a full war footing.
That is not the way.

The way is to put a PGM into the food truck.

Reactions: RnR_au