Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 49 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
The goalposts are moving so fast I can see the red shift!
Here you go buddy. Just for you.
cJFOrAK.jpg

Reactions: jman19

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Where did I say that? Lying again?
Are you seriously now trying to move the goalposts to a place where Russia moving troops into Ukrainian territory is not an invasion?

As I predicted you’re humiliating yourself. You got played by Russian propaganda, time to admit it.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Wow! Who knew! The entire US intelligence apparatus was right and some dumb dipshit on the internet who thinks he’s far smarter than he actually is was wrong. What a surprise. The dumb dipshit spiking the football at the one yard line was icing on the cake.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Are you seriously now trying to move the goalposts to a place where Russia moving troops into Ukrainian territory is not an invasion?

As I predicted you’re humiliating yourself. You got played by Russian propaganda, time to admit it.
You are going to keep lying until I find that post on Donbass. You've already been busted in a provable lie about me once, now you are establishing a pattern.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Wow! Who knew! The entire US intelligence apparatus was right and some dumb dipshit on the internet who thinks he’s far smarter than he actually is was wrong. What a surprise. The dumb dipshit spiking the football at the one yard line was icing on the cake.
That was my favorite part too - bragging about how right he was immediately before being humiliated by the most likely scenario.

Reactions: feralkid

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
If Russia breaches the line of conflict, then these are justified. But that hasn't occurred just yet.
Russia is sending troops inside the recognized (by NATO and almost every other country) territorial borders of Ukraine. That's an invasion. The fact that those areas mostly contain people who support Russia doesn't matter very much, and matters even less because a lot of people who were afraid of a Russian invasion already evacuated to the west. The certainty that Russian state media will show Ukrainians welcoming the Russian troops matters even less.

Reactions: iRONic

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You are going to keep lying until I find that post on Donbass. You've already been busted in a provable lie about me once, now you are establishing a pattern.
You are a liar and a clown. This thread is already a front runner for self ownage of the year.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You are a demonstrated liar, not once, but at least twice. Everything else is just your projection.
Lol. Dude, this is not going to work. Nobody believes you.

Go back and read this thread - you completely beclowned yourself.

Reactions: repoman0

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Lol. Dude, this is not going to work. Nobody believes you.

Go back and read this thread - you completely beclowned yourself.
That's your opinion, you are entitled to it, just don't lie about what I said. So far, I've caught you in two lies easily debunked by my past posts. Your debate skills are severely lacking, they can get better with practice, but not if you keep taking shortcuts like simply lying about what your opponent said.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
That's your opinion, you are entitled to it, just don't lie about what I said. So far, I've caught you in two lies easily debunked by my past posts. Your debate skills are severely lacking, they can get better with practice, but not if you keep taking shortcuts like simply lying about what your opponent said.
You haven’t, and you’re personally invested in this so now you’re trying to insult me personally. Let me assure you and save you some time, I don’t care what you think of me and there’s nothing you can say that will make me angry or sad or whatever.

Anyone who wants to can read this thread - you repeatedly and vehemently said there would be no additional invasion of Ukraine and by any reasonable standard Putin ordering troops into eastern Ukraine is exactly that. You were wrong and you should just be an adult and admit it.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
They'll be keeping a piece. But why do it if you were going to take the whole thing anyway?

Buffer zones

And who says that was the plan for the start? You dont know that, I dont. The plan from the start could very well have been to march to the capitol.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
You haven’t, and you’re personally invested in this so now you’re trying to insult me personally. Let me assure you and save you some time, I don’t care what you think of me and there’s nothing you can say that will make me angry or sad or whatever.

Anyone who wants to can read this thread - you repeatedly and vehemently said there would be no additional invasion of Ukraine and by any reasonable standard Putin ordering troops into eastern Ukraine is exactly that. You were wrong and you should just be an adult and admit it.
If you keep lying about me, I'll keep calling you out.
I said from the first time you asked on Jan 27 that Donbas was already an invasion.
fskimospy said:
So we are in agreement then that the invasion of Ukraine isn't a future thing, it's already happened and is ongoing.
[Me:]
In the status quo of last 7 years, sure.
Now, you are lying that I'm moving the goalposts about Donbass being an invasion, which is a demonstrable lie. Time for you to follow your advise:
Three simple words:
I
Was
Wrong.
And don't worry, if Putin pulls a rabbit out of his hat and the "imminent" invasion that this year's hype is about actually happens, I'll be here to congratulate you.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Buffer zones

And who says that was the plan for the start? You dont know that, I dont. The plan from the start could very well have been to march to the capitol.
Plan is to make Ukraine untouchable for NATO expansion, not expensive occupation of hostile terrain. Same is Georgia.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
And don't worry, if Putin pulls a rabbit out of his hat and the "imminent" invasion that this year's hype is about actually happens, I'll be here to congratulate you.

I think you are super confused as to what constitutes an invasion.

Reactions: Ken g6

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I guess the super interesting thing is now how will Ukraine react to Putins boots on Ukrainian soil?
NS2?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Says guy who twice got busted lying about what I said.
This thing you’re trying to do won’t work - I busted you as being a liar so now you’re trying the ‘no U’ thing. It won’t work because people here know I’m not a liar, while we know you are.

Reactions: feralkid

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I already said Donbas was an invasion on Jan 27. It's been going on since 2014 and isn't not the "imminent" one we are talking about this year.

If the line of conflict holds at its current position, then you are correct.
What do you think the chances of that happening are?