Rush Limbaugh joins the Hall of Famous Missourians

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I'm sure we can all join hands and be proud of Mr. Limbaugh now that he has joined the esteemed ranks of the "Hall of Famous Missourians". This is obviously a great day for America and a great day for talk radio. So many people would have wanted to be a part of this great honor of Rush Limbaugh that they had to hold it very quickly and with little fanfare.

As a member of the Hall of Famous Missourians, Limbaugh will have a bronze bust displayed in the Capitol alongside the likes of President Harry Truman, Mark Twain, Walt Disney, George Washington Carver and Stan Musial.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2012/05/14/stealth-ceremony-for-rush-his-bust/

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
I think I felt the earth's rotation slow today - possibly gyroscopic stabilization from Samuel Clemens' and Harry Truman's graves...

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Let's see.
He's from Missouri.
He's famous.
Yup, he qualifies.

It's not like he's getting awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
He's a drug-addled partisan hack and blowhard, but he is famous.

I wonder if it's like the Hollywood walk of fame and someone just needed to come up with the cash for the bust?

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
He's a drug-addled partisan hack and blowhard, but he is famous.

I wonder if it's like the Hollywood walk of fame and someone just needed to come up with the cash for the bust?

I'm sure it cost Limbaugh more than that, but he's got money to burn.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Let's see.
He's from Missouri.
He's famous.
Yup, he qualifies.

Are you suggesting that it doesn't matter what he's famous for? There a lots of "famous" people who I'm sure would never get this kind of recognition, for obvious reasons...

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I think I felt the earth's rotation slow today - possibly gyroscopic stabilization from Samuel Clemens' and Harry Truman's graves...

I'd have trouble accepting an honor where they had to sneak me into the place before anyone recognized me just to stop trouble.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Saddam Hessian built states of himself too, but that does not such a bronze busts l remain today, or that it will not be later be moved to a hall of shame of infamous Missourians.

And here silly me, I had hoped it would be built of wax, its so much easier to melt down.

Nor is it likely, on the strength of such an award, that any TV network will rehire him as a football commentator.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Do they have a statue of the Great ChickenHawk Warrior's anal cysts that he used to get out of the draft during the Vietnam War?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Thank you Limbaugh for moralizing the rest of us about the sanctity of marriage, after you've been divorced 3 times.

Thank you for moralizing about the evils of drugs, while being addicted to them yourself.

Thank you for your race baiting, homophobic rants. You truly are the face of the GOP.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
As I posted in the previous thread on the same topic:

Is he in the Oxycontin wing?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
As I posted in the previous thread on the same topic:

Is he in the Oxycontin wing?

Maybe that should read, "The Hillbilly Heroin Wing."

Mono, yes, I went to Vietnam as a rifleman in a USMC rifle company.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Here's the story about Rush Limbaugh and how he got out serving in vietnam because of 'anal cysts'. I think you should be ashamed of yourself OP for honoring this scumbag:

http://www.snopes.com/military/limbaugh.asp

Fuck you and your opinion in this, you give everyone and their brother a bye on serving in the military, but you single him out because of his political opinion? Do you ever get tired of being a loser of a hypocrite? Should only conservatives be allowed to serve in the military or should you be forced to serve in the military if you're a conservative? How about if we give little baby peckerwoods like you an excuse to never serve since you'd probably shoot your mates in the back.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
If you reread mono's OP (and subsequent posts), you will note that he is not celebrating El Flushbo sneaking into the Hall.

Thanks, I think he's a dick for accepting a shameful thing like this. He knows his opinion has made him unpopular with at least half the damn state, he should have had the balls to turn it down.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Let's see.
He's from Missouri.
He's famous.
Yup, he qualifies.

:D +1

Fuck you and your opinion in this, you give everyone and their brother a bye on serving in the military, but you single him out because of his political opinion? Do you ever get tired of being a loser of a hypocrite? Should only conservatives be allowed to serve in the military or should you be forced to serve in the military if you're a conservative? How about if we give little baby peckerwoods like you an excuse to never serve since you'd probably shoot your mates in the back.
Dang it, don't hide your feelings. Tell us how you really feel.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Another reason why I don't have to go to Muhzurruh.

That being said, to this very day, I hold close to me the friends I have from Missouri who were with me as we all looked out for each other in Vietnam.