Rush Limbaugh dead

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
What I took away from that article is that rush was a troll. It also explains many posters here and why they shit post and run. He nor they are interested in a discussion, they are interested in the reaction. This is confusing to me because I don’t understand the point. It doesn’t take a lot to get a reaction out of people so what kind of satisfaction does one get from it? Is it some sort of defense mechanism for feeling inadequate or something similar?
I'm supposing they get a dopamine hit from it?

Nov 29, 2006
What I took away from that article is that rush was a troll. It also explains many posters here and why they shit post and run. He nor they are interested in a discussion, they are interested in the reaction. This is confusing to me because I don’t understand the point. It doesn’t take a lot to get a reaction out of people so what kind of satisfaction does one get from it? Is it some sort of defense mechanism for feeling inadequate or something similar?
I think when you can get people to react, you can control them. Get them to emotionally feel something about a topic. Make them vote a certain way. It works well on the weak minded, just like religion.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

Well if Rush was a troll he was a professional one, i.e. he did it for money (though I'm far from convinced that is the whole story). That doesn't explain amateur trolling.

Unless it's like other competitive fields, where you have to hone your craft and spend time getting attention and learning your trade as an unpaid amateur, before becoming an unpaid intern troll and finally making it as a professional?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Well if Rush was a troll he was a professional one, i.e. he did it for money (though I'm far from convinced that is the whole story). That doesn't explain amateur trolling.

Unless it's like other competitive fields, where you have to hone your craft and spend time getting attention and learning your trade as an unpaid amateur, before becoming an unpaid intern troll and finally making it as a professional?

Rush pioneered provocative right wing trolling on talk radio. It's a better grift than even Televangelizing. Many others have carved out lucrative niches in the market but he was the King of it all, the original, the Great One since 1987. I figure the world is a better place w/o him.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It’s the third day, did anyone check the tomb?

the dried husk of flesh was found cracked open and filled with ash, but when the morning light crept in to the tomb from pushing aside the stone, the long-trapped souls of terrorized banshees rushed out the opening and into the blinding daylight, screaming and wailing in agony. No one knows where they went.

Nov 29, 2006
the dried husk of flesh was found cracked open and filled with ash, but when the morning light crept in to the tomb from pushing aside the stone, the long-trapped souls of terrorized banshees rushed out the opening and into the blinding daylight, screaming and wailing in agony. No one knows where they went.

I slowly walk towards the dried husk. I shine my torch into the open cavity expecting to find a soul, or some other such treasure.

/roll d20+8 Perception check

...wait.. Oh wrong forum...

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
It’s the third day, did anyone check the tomb?

Well, I was kind of thinking that they would have to remove the brain. Everything that I've read says you can't test for rabies while the subject is alive, you have to remove the brain and test for it after death.

The d00d

Jan 26, 2020
I'd say its a tie between Rush and Newt who started this us vs them red/blue mentality back in the 90s. Its gotten exponentially worse since then.

Who's gonna take the throne? Levin?

Reactions: zinfamous