Rumour: Bulldozer 50% Faster than Core i7 and Phenom II.

Page 119 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares1214

Sep 12, 2010
Ares, in a few threads now you are taking a rumor from a very unreliable source and trying to pass it as fact. I realize that you have high hopes for BD as a lot of us do, but basing your arguements on fudzilla is not going to get you any points. I could make a nice screenshot of BD beating Sandy by 100% if you want....does not mean it is true.

Yeh good point, but, all this stuff lines up, theres videos, pictures, benchmarks, I know you can fake a screenshot, maybe a benchmark, but several different people all coming to the same conclusion with a decent amount of proof, Id say thats good enough to treat as "fact" on a rumour thread.

bridito

Jun 2, 2011
Yeh good point, but, all this stuff lines up, theres videos, pictures, benchmarks, I know you can fake a screenshot, maybe a benchmark, but several different people all coming to the same conclusion with a decent amount of proof, Id say thats good enough to treat as "fact" on a rumour thread.

Laetrile
Hoodia
Acai Berry

Need I go on?

No one wishes that BD is a rocket more than me so I can get my next system before late Jan. But I'm not 100% convinced by what I've seen to date.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Fail, look at the title "Rumour: Bulldozer 50% Faster than Core i7 and Phenom II". It is faster by Phenom II by 50% in several apps according to the rumours, so basically, you fail and troll elsewhere.

I am not trolling if anyone is trolling its you . You are basicly saying that a PHII competes with i7 Which is true depending on a lower end i7 and not the high end . It is you who are using the i7 Intels Highed to compare to PHII and BD . When your called out on this FACT you come up with were talking about nehalem and i7 950. You already know all this yet ya have the gull and nerve to call me a troll . When the very topic of this subject is a troll and you keep feeding into it ,... So whos the troll . The person who can back up the facts with real results or the person feeding the mislabeled topic Title.

Ares1214

Sep 12, 2010
I am not trolling if anyone is trolling its you . You are basicly saying that a PHII competes with i7 Which is true depending on a lower end i7 and not the high end . It is you who are using the i7 Intels Highed to compare to PHII and BD . When your called out on this FACT you come up with were talking about nehalem and i7 950. You already know all this yet ya have the gull and nerve to call me a troll . When the very topic of this subject is a troll and you keep feeding into it ,... So whos the troll . The person who can back up the facts with real results or the person feeding the mislabeled topic Title.

You are over reacting, my post was meant to lighten the mood by confirming this 120 page rumour thread. I say it was 50% faster than Phenom II, because that war part of the title, attacking me for that was a troll action. Have to admit though, saying a Phenom II and a Core i7 are the same speed is a bit disingenuous.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
I would insert a thumb of some nice boobies to distract everyone but i will most likely get the mod on my ass about that.

That Casey anthony one can only hope doesn't get knocked up

podspi

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2011
From OP:

Here, take some salt. AMD reportedly gave out performance figures in a presentation to its partners, performance figures seen by DonanimHaber. It is reported that an 8-core processor based on the "Bulldozer" high-performance CPU architecture is pitched by its makers to have 50% higher performance than existing processors such as the Core i7 950 (4 cores, 8 threads), and Phenom II X6 1100T (6 cores). Very little is known about the processor, including at what clock speed the processor was running at, much less what other components were driving the test machine.

The X6 actually competed with Nehalem in multi-threaded apps reasonably well. There already is a thread complaining/ranting about Intel's naming scheme (i7 represents multiple architectures, and dual, quad, and hex core CPUs). Assuming these benchmarks are legit (they pass my personal smell test, but who am I?), seems to me the original rumor was right (or lucky).

Here is hoping we could see 5ghz out of these babies :cool:

I say these pass the smell test because, assuming IPC doesn't change from Phenom II, 33% increase in cores and 12% increase in clock speed (3.6ghz) would produce 50% greater performance than PhIIX6. Hrm...

Status
Not open for further replies.